- 1 hr ago Yamaha Aerox 155 Launched In India; Powered By R15 Sourced 155cc Engine With VVA
- 5 hrs ago New Yamaha R15 V4.0 Launched In India; R15M And Aerox 155 Launched Along
- 9 hrs ago Audi E-Tron GT Launch Tomorrow; Audi Claims 383 Km Range
- 1 day ago Royal Enfield Introduces ‘Make It Yours’ Riding Jackets; Available Soon At Dealership Level
- Movies Kaun Banega Crorepati 13: Contestant Oshin Patwa Couldn't Answer This Rs 12.5 Lakh Question, Can You?
- Finance 2 Stocks To Buy By HDFC Securities For Potential Upside Up To 54%
- Sports IPL 2021: PBKS vs RR: Royals drop Rahul thrice as Punjab skipper becomes second fastest to 3000 IPL runs
- News Muslims have highest fertility rate, Jains the lowest among India's major religious groups: Pew report
- Education SBI Clerk Prelims Result 2021 Declared, Check Direct Link
- Technology Realme GT Neo2 Price Revealed Ahead Of Launch; New Dimensity 1200AI SoC Variant Also Tipped
- Lifestyle Emma Corrin’s Emmy’s 2021 Costume Is Surprising And There Could Be Salem Witch Trials Angle To It
- Travel 8 Beautiful Long Drive Routes In India
Yamaha has unveiled the upcoming YZF R15M. The new 'M' version of the R15 was showcased in an exclusive event for its dealers. Since it is an event, a picture of the upcoming Yamaha R15M has been leaked online.
From the leaked picture, we are able to spot few changes in the M version of the Yamaha YZF R15. One of the most noticeable changes in the headlight, where the twin-eye headlight has been replaced by a new single-pod projector headlight unit reminiscent of the Yamaha MT-15 and the Yamaha FZ-25.
The next most noticeable change on the new Yamaha YZF R15M comes in the form of new USD forks covered in gold paint. This set-up not only gives the bike a sportier overall feel but can improve the handling of the bike.
On the sides, most panels on the new Yamaha YZF R15M remain similar to the existing Yamaha YZF R15. However, the exhaust looks stubbier and comes with a more premium metallic finish.
Unfortunately, we are not sure about the changes that Yamaha has introduced in the new Yamaha YZF R15M over the standard version. Though, we do suspect some minor changes to differentiate it from the standard model.
Speaking of changes, one of the biggest changes has been incorporated on the instrument console, as it now comes with Bluetooth connectivity. However, it is still unknown regarding the features that will come with this connectivity tech.
The standard Yamaha YZF R15 is powered by a liquid-cooled, 4-stroke, SOHC, 4-valve petrol engine capable of pumping out 18.6PS of power at 10,000rpm and 14.1Nm of torque at 8500rpm, and mated to a slick-shifting constant-mesh 6-speed gearbox.
Since the M version of the Yamaha YZF R15 is a slightly more focussed version, we expected the new Yamaha YZF R15M to belt out slightly more power and torque figures than the standard model.
However, from the power output mentioned in the Type Approval Certificate, the power is rated at 13.5kW (18.35PS). This makes the new Yamaha YZF R15M fractionally less powerful than the outgoing Yamaha YZF R15.
Apart from these features, Yamaha has also added a few advanced and performance-improving features such as slipper and assist clutch, and VVA (Variable Valve Actuation).
Apart from these changes, the new Yamaha YZF R15M is identical to the standard version of the Yamaha YZF R15 with identical body dimensions measuring at 1,990mm long, 725mm wide, and 1,135mm tall.
Despite the different front suspension, the wheelbase is also identical to the standard version of the Yamaha YZF R15 at 1,325mm.
At Rs 1.56 lakh (ex-showroom), the Yamaha YZF R15 is an expensive bike. However, no other Indian bike even comes close to R15 when it comes to offering a track-bike experience. This new version is only going to improve on that.
Thoughts About The Yamaha R15M Details Leaked Ahead Of India Launch
The new Yamaha R15M has strengthened all the variables that made it one of the best bikes in India. With this new bike, Yamaha aims to give the Indian youth a taste of what a track-day machine feels like.
Image Source: RevNitro