- 1 day ago Piaggio Ape HT Three-Wheelers Launched In India At Rs 2.24 Lakh: Cargo & Passenger CNG Available
- 1 day ago Dakar Rally 2022: Audi RS Q e-Tron Unveiled For The Rally Race: Battery Capacity, Specs & Other Details
- 1 day ago 2021 Tata Tiago NRG Launching Soon — Design, Features & Other Details
- 1 day ago SSC Tuatara’s 500+Km/h Top Speed Record Proven Wrong; SSC Admits To Botched Up Figures
- Technology Amazon Prime Day Sale 2021: Discount Offer On Top Trending Smartphones
- Movies Veteran Actress Savita Bajaj, Who Was In Dire Need Of Financial Help, Gets Discharged From Hospital
- Sports India vs Sri Lanka 1st T20I: Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Suryakumar Yadav star in India's 38-run win over Sri Lanka
- News PM Modi cleared roadblocks to NE peace, development: Amit Shah
- Finance 3 Best Performing And High-Rated Gilt Funds To Start SIP In 2021
- Education CGBSE 12th Marksheet: Check CG 12th Result Name Wise And Roll Number
- Lifestyle Cancer Centre Successfully Initiates Neuro-Monitoring Technique For Spinal Cord Surgery, A First In Mumbai
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In August
Yamaha launches the Fascino 125 Hybrid scooter in India at Rs 70,000, ex-showroom (starting price). India's first hybrid-scooter is offered in two variants. Bookings for the scooter is being accepted across the country with deliveries said to begin soon.
Variants & Pricing
- Drum: Rs 70,000
- Disc: Rs 76,530
All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi)
- Vivid Red Special (Disc only)
- Matt Black Special (Disc only)
- Cool Blue Metallic
- Dark Matt Blue
- Suave Copper
- Yellow Cocktail
- Cyan Blue
- Metallic Black
- Vivid Red
The Yellow Cocktail, Cyan Blue, Metallic Black and Vivid Red are the standard colours of the scooter. The Cool Blue Metallic, Suave Copper and the Dark Matt Blue attract a premium of Rs 1,000 over the standard colour. While the Vivid Red Special and the Matt Black Special attracts Rs 2,000 over the standard colour.
Mild-Hybrid Engine, Transmission & Mileage
The Fascino 125 Hybrid uses the same 125cc fuel-injected engine along with the brand's Starter Motor Generator (SMG). The SMG electric motor will provide an electric power assist to the engine when climbing inclines at low speeds or when accelerating quickly from a standstill. The system mostly works in lower RPMs and remains shut most of the time.
- Max power: 8.2bhp @ 6,500rpm
- Peak torque: 10.3Nm @ 5,500rpm
Speaking about the mileage, the new mild-hybrid engine is also expected to be more fuel-efficiency. The city and highway mileage figures for the scooter is claimed to return 55kmpl and 60kmpl, respectively.
Features & Technology
The new Yamaha Fascino 125 Hybrid features a host of upgrades over the previous model. This includes:
- Fully-digital instrument cluster
- LED headlamp with LED DRL
- Optional USB charge slot
- Side-stand engine cut-off
- Wide seats
- 21-litre under-seat storage
The LCD cluster also displays an icon to notify the rider when the power assist from the mild-hybrid motor is being used. The LCD cluster also features the brand's Bluetooth connected technology that pairs to a smartphone via the brand's mobile application. Via the app owners can locate the scooter, record riding, and parking history, check the riding score and efficiency as well.
The rest of the scooter remains the same as the previous model of the scooter with suspension, brakes and wheels carried over.
Thoughts About The Yamaha Fascino 125 Hybrid Launched In India
The Fascino 125 is a benchmark scooter in India as it features the country's first mild-hybrid system on a two-wheeler. The electric motor assists the engine to produce a more useable and efficient performance. Surprisingly, the cost of the Fascino 125 Hybrid has not increased much despite the mild-hybrid technology. Kudos to Yamaha!