- 11 hrs ago Dual-Tone Colours For TVS Radeon Launched Ahead Of Festive Season; Priced Slightly Higher
- 1 day ago Mercedes-Benz Creates The Most Transparent Retail Experience
- 1 day ago Tata Punch Vs Tata Nexon; Did Tata Accidentally Kill The Nexon?
- 2 days ago MG Astor Bookings Opened: First Batch Gets Sold Out Within 20 Minutes
- Sports T20 World Cup: Moeen read conditions beautifully: Captain Morgan after England's win over Windies
- News India, UK democracies, can make world safer, prosperous: UK minister Elizabeth Truss
- Movies Dulquer Salmaan Reveals Kurup Release Date, Pens A Heartfelt Note
- Technology Redmi Note 11 Series Official Teaser Confirms 120Hz AMOLED Display; Pricing Details Also Leaked
- Travel Himachal Pradesh's Best Winter Destinations
- Finance HDFC Securities Gives Buy On A PSU Bank And Infra Stock
- Lifestyle Deficiency Of These Vitamins And Minerals Can Cause Insomnia
- Education ICSE, ISC Board Exams Revised Datesheet 2021-22 Released By CISCE, Check Time Table Here
Yamaha gears up to launch the Aerox 155 tomorrow in India. The Japanese brand also released a teaser for the same.
As we were anxiously waiting for the launch of the updated Yamaha R15 V3 and Yamaha R15M, folks at Yamaha have decided to launch the Yamaha Aerox 155 along with these entry-level sports bikes.
The teaser released by Yamaha on social media says "The Maxi Sports Experience Awaits", with an ‘X' like logo on the teaser image. According to the teaser, the virtual launch will commence at 11 AM IST via rsvp.yamahavirtualgallery.com.
The Yamaha Aerox is a popular scooter in Southeast Asian markets like Indonesia and the ‘Aerox' nameplate has been available in Europe and Asia for a pretty long time.
When launched, the Yamaha Aerox 155 will be positioned as a maxi-scooter in India and will go up against the likes of Aprilia SR160.
Under the sleek and sharp exterior panels lies a 155cc single-cylinder liquid-cooled fuel-injected VVA petrol engine with 14.8 Bhp, which is almost 0.5 Bhp less than its overseas counterpart. This reduction in peak power output could be related to the stricter BS6 emission norms followed by India.
Though not much is known about the torque figures, the overseas version pushes out 13.9Nm of torque at 6500rpm and weighs at 122 kg.
To put that into perspective, the Yamaha R15 pumps out 18.6Bhp and 14.1Nm of torque, while the Yamaha Aerox 155's nearest competitor, the Aprilia SR160 produces 10.9 Bhp and 11.6Nm of torque.
The Yamaha Aerox 155 comes with telescopic front suspension, two rear shock absorbers, 14-inch wheels, and a wide 140-section rear tyre.
That being said, don't let the sleek design and sports bike like powertrain fool you, the Yamaha Aerox 155 is quite practical too with its large underseat storage space that is rated at 24.5 litres.
According to Yamaha, this underseat storage space in Yamaha Aerox 155 is adequate for a full-size helmet.
Again putting into perspective, The Yamaha Cygnus Alpha has an underseat storage space of 21 litres, while the larger Suzuki Burgman Street 125's underseat storage space is rated at 21.5 litres.
Features-wise, we expect the Yamaha Aerox 155 to come with a fully digital LCD instrument console with smartphone connectivity, Bluetooth, a USB charging port, LED headlights and an LED tail lamp.
Along with this, we also expect Yamaha to add some features like auto engine start/stop function for added fuel economy.
If Yamaha reflects the overseas pricing trend in India, the new Yamaha Aerox 155 will be priced Rs 20,000 to Rs 25,000 below Yamaha R15. This would mean the new Yamaha Aerox 155 will be priced anywhere between Rs 1.30 lakh to Rs 1.40 lakh (ex-showroom).
Thoughts About Yamaha Aerox 155
The launch of Yamaha Aerox 155 will be quite surprising for many of the brand's fans in India. We expect Yamaha Aerox 155 to blow away its competition on all types of performance tests and it will be the new benchmark for performance scooters in India.