- 3 hrs ago Nissan Magnite Exports Commences To Nepal, Indonesia & South Africa: Details
- 6 hrs ago 2021 Jaguar F-Pace SVR Bookings Open In India: High-Performance SUV Coming Soon
- 18 hrs ago Top-Selling Bikes In India (May 2021): Hero Splendor & Hero HF Deluxe Take Top Two Spots
- 22 hrs ago Fast & Furious Toyota Supra Auctioned For Rs 4.07 Crore; Becomes Most-Expensive Supra
- News PM Modi to interact with participants on Toycathon 2021
- Education IIT Kharagpur Offering Free Online Course On Internet Of Things
- Movies Shah Rukh Khan And Akshay Kumar's Throwback Picture From Dil To Pagal Hai Sets Will Make You Nostalgic!
- Technology Reliance Jio, Airtel Introduce Strategies To Increase APRU: Check Details Here
- Finance Auto Component Suppliers To See 70% Dip In Operating Profits In Q1 Due To COVID Restrictions: Icra
- Lifestyle Nushrat Bharucha And Sunny Leone’s Crop Top And Pants Combo Make For The Best Outfits For Job Interviews
- Sports UEFA has no plans to move Euro 2020 semi-finals and final from Wembley
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In August
Gujarat-based electric two-wheeler manufacturer, White Carbon Motors has launched its flagship GT5 model in the country. The White Carbon Motors GT5 retails at a starting price of Rs 1.15 lakh, ex-showroom (Ahmedabad).
The GT5 electric scooter is available in two variants with different battery options. The top-spec variant of the GT5 scooter is equipped with a 2.4 kWh battery pack and features a price tag of Rs 1.30 lakh, ex-showroom (Ahmedabad).
The company has already tied up with Kotak Mahindra Bank and IDFC bank to offer their customers easy finance and insurance options. The GT5 electric scooter sales are restricted to only a couple of cities across India. However, the company is looking to rapidly expand its presence to various states in the country.
The scooter is available in two colour options: Cosmic Black and Milkyway White. Additionally, the company also offers the GT5 electric scooter with an interchangeable head-cover panel.
Speaking about the design of the GT5, the electric scooter features a striking stance with an aggressive-looking front fascia. The funky-looking headlamp cluster includes LED projectors and LED DRLs integrated inside. The headlamp on the scooter is adaptive and changes accordingly to the ambient lighting.
The front apron of the scooter continues the funky design with air vents place on top of the headlamp cluster and a small carbon-fibre like trim piece placed at the bottom of the apron.
Looking from the side, the same carbon-fibre looking trim piece is placed on the rear panel of the scooter. Other design features of the scooter include a stepped single-piece seat and a raised footboard for improved ground clearance.
The scooter also features an oval-shaped LED taillamp along with LED strips for turn-signal indicators. Other features on the scooter also include side stand cutoff, USB mobile charging port, fully-digital instrument cluster and a couple of riding modes as well.
Moving to the GT5's mechanicals, the electric scooter is offered in two powertrain options. The 3kW Bosch BLDC rear-wheel hub-mounted electric motor is either paired to the 1.8kWh or 2.4kWh lithium-ion battery pack.
Both variants of the scooter can achieve 0 to 45kmph in under 8 seconds and continue to reach a top speed of 50kmph. The lower-spec powertrain offers a maximum claimed riding range of 100 kilometres. While the top-spec powertrain offers a maximum claimed riding range of 150 kilometres on a single battery charge.
The GT5 scooter is offered with fast charging technology as well. The charge times for the scooter to reach from 0 to 100 per cent are rated between 3 to 4 hours. The GT5 is supplied with a smart charger with an auto cutoff function to safeguard the battery pack.
Suspension duties on the GT5 electric scooter are handled by a telescopic unit at the front and dual coil shock absorbers at the rear. Braking on the scooter is done via disc brake at both ends.
The scooter features 12-inch alloy wheels shod with 120/70 section tubeless tyres at either end. The White Carbon Motors GT5 tips the scale at 170kg (kerb).
Thoughts About The White Carbon Motors GT5 Electric Scooter Launched In India
The White Carbon Motors GT5 promises a very good range of 150 kilometres on a single battery charge. This makes the scooter an ideal daily driver while choosing an electric scooter. The GT5 rivals the Ampere Magnus Pro, and the Hero Electric Photon HX; among others premium electric scooter sold in the Indian market.