- 3 hrs ago New Yamaha R15 V4.0 Launched In India; R15M And Aerox 155 Launched Along
- 7 hrs ago Audi E-Tron GT Launch Tomorrow; Audi Claims 383 Km Range
- 1 day ago Royal Enfield Introduces ‘Make It Yours’ Riding Jackets; Available Soon At Dealership Level
- 1 day ago Tata Punch Reaches Dealerships Before Its Official Launch; Tata Bets Big On Punch
- Movies Kamya Panjabi Regrets Not Meeting Sidharth Shukla Post Bigg Boss 13, Says ‘We Used To Laugh So Much’
- News AUKUS neither relevant to Quad nor will impact on its functioning: India's first reaction
- Sports Hungary punished with one-match ban following racist behaviour against England
- Education SBI Clerk Prelims Result 2021 Declared, Check Direct Link
- Technology Realme GT Neo2 Price Revealed Ahead Of Launch; New Dimensity 1200AI SoC Variant Also Tipped
- Lifestyle Emma Corrin’s Emmy’s 2021 Costume Is Surprising And There Could Be Salem Witch Trials Angle To It
- Finance How To Choose ELSS Fund To Save Tax And Create Wealth?
- Travel 8 Beautiful Long Drive Routes In India
Piaggio India launches the Vespa 75th Anniversary Edition starting at Rs 1.25 lakh. The scooter is offered in 125cc and 150cc engines. Bookings for the scooter is being accepted online and at dealerships for a token amount of Rs 5,000. Deliveries of the scooter are said to begin soon.
Models & Pricing
- Vespa 75th Anniversary Edition 125: Rs 1.25 lakh
- Vespa 75th Anniversary Edition 150: Rs 1.39 lakh
All prices mentioned are ex-showroom (India)
Design Changes & Feature Additions
The company has made several changes to the special-edition scooter. The scooter is finished in a new metallic yellow colour and bears the number 75 on the side apron and the mudguard, which is finished in light grey.
Additionally, there is a plaque with the 75 Anniversary Edition engraved and finished in chrome, which is placed on the front storage compartment.
However, the biggest visual change is the addition of a round-shaped bag, which resembles the spare-tyre mounted on the older scooters. This is finished in Nobuk Leather and sits on a retractable chrome rack.
- Grey-coloured diamond-cut alloy wheels
- Leather seats
Customers also receive a 75th Anniversary kit, which depicts the brand's journey starting from the year 1949.
Apart from the above-mentioned changes, the rest of the features have been carried over from the standard models of the respective 125cc and 150cc scooter of the Vespa. This includes:
- Contoured body panels
- LED headlight with DRLs
- Round-shaped headlamps
- Round-shaped rear-view mirrors
- Digital instrument cluster
- Single-piece seat
- Stubby exhaust
- LED headlamps
Vespa 75th Anniversary Edition 150 is powered by an air-cooled, fuel-injected, single-cylinder 149cc engine. It produces a maximum power of 10.3bhp at 7,600rpm and a peak torque of 10.6Nm at 5,500rpm.
Likewise, the 125cc Vespa 75th Anniversary Edition comes powered by a 125cc fuel-injected single-cylinder engine. This produces a maximum power of 9.7bhp at 7,500rpm and a peak torque of 9.6Nm at 5,500rpm.
Suspension, Brake, Wheels & Tyres
- Front: Single side arm hydraulic unit
- Rear: Dual-shock absorber with pre-load adjustability
- Front: 200mm disc brake
- Rear: 140mm rear drum brake
- Single-channel ABS (150cc)
- Combine braking system (CBS) (125cc)
Wheels & Tyres
- Front: 11-inch alloys 110/70
- Rear: 10-inch alloys 120/70
At the launch event, the company also announced they are looking to rapidly expand customer touchpoints in India. Currently, Vespa has a presence in 190 cities across the country. The dealerships will be expanded to reach 300 cities and at 400 locations in India soon.
Diego Graffi, Chairman and Managing Director, Piaggio India, said, "As we are celebrating the value of independence through Vespa 75th, it also embarks Vespa's journey in India at the time India celebrates 75 years of Independence."
Sudhanshu Agarwal, Business head for Two-Wheelers at Piaggio India, said, "Vespa is not just a vehicle but an icon of lifestyle that has gained the global stature and transcended trends into various times."
Thoughts About The Vespa 75th Anniversary Edition 125 & 150 Launched In India
Piaggio celebrates the 75th Anniversary of its Vespa worldwide. The company marks the occasion in India by launching the Vespa 75th Anniversary Edition scooter with a host of changes. However, the pricing of the scooter has remained similar to the standard model of the respective scooters.