- 18 hrs ago Ola Introduces Electric Vehicle Taxi Rides In London
- 19 hrs ago 2021 Mercedes-Maybach S680 Revealed: Epitome Of Luxury & V12 Power
- 24 hrs ago Datsun Cars Offers & Discount For May 2021: Up To Rs 40,000 Benefits Across Models
- 1 day ago Hero MotoCorp To Resume Operations From May 17 In A Staggered Manner In The Country
- News No proof of fraud against Srinivas, Gambhir: They were helping, Delhi Police tells HC
- Finance Bitcoin Slumps Below $45K; Trades At $43.3K On Musk's Latest Comments: Check What He Said This Time
- Movies Happy Birthday Nushrratt Bharuccha: Only True Fans Of The Actress Know These Lesser Known Facts About Her!
- Sports Warriors star Curry pips Wizards' Beal to second NBA scoring title
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In May
- Technology How To Update GB WhatsApp On Your Android Smartphones?
- Education Industry Leaders Cobble Up COVID Widows Initiative To Help Women Who Lost Their Partners To Pandemic
- Lifestyle On Vicky Kaushal’s Birthday, His Super-Cool Hairstyles From Masaan, Manmarziyaan And Sanju
TVS Motor Company has hiked the prices of all of its scooters in the Indian market. This move comes just a few days after the financial year 2021-2022 started. The price increase ranges between Rs 540 for the TVS NTorq 125 Drum brake variant to Rs 2,535 for the TVS Scooty Pep+ Matte Edition.
TVS has for a long now been making some brilliant scooters. It all started with the launch of the first-generation TVS Scooty ES way back in 1996. The Scooty ES was a bare-basic scooter powered by a tiny two-stroke engine. It was accepted with great enthusiasm and sold in great numbers, thereby paving the way for TVS in the Indian scooter market.
Over the years, TVS launched more variants of the scooty with different engines and sometimes on different platforms. TVS then launched the Wego, followed by the Jupiter and their variants. The latest scooter to be launched by the brand is the TVS NTorq 125, which is quite simply one of the best scooters on sale in India.
Production of the TVS Wego was stopped and TVS now sells only the Scooty, Jupiter and NTorq, and their variants. The TVS Motor Company has now announced a price hike on all of these scooters and their variants.
TVS Scooty Price Hike
The TVS Scooty Pep+ Glossy receives a price hike of Rs 1,635 while the Matte Edition gets an increase of Rs 2,535, taking their ex-showroom prices up to Rs 56,009 and Rs 58,759 respectively. The Scooty Zest 110 Gloss and Scooty Zest 110 Matte Series both receive a price hike of Rs 1,635.
TVS Jupiter Price Hike
Prices of the TVS Jupiter STD have gone up by Rs 1,165 while the ZX and ZX Disc both get an increase of Rs 1,390. The top-spec Jupiter Classic now costs Rs 1,235 more. All variants of the TVS Jupiter continue to be powered by the same 109.7cc engine with a maximum power output of 7.36bhp and a peak torque output of 8.4Nm.
TVS NTorq 125 Price Hike
The drum brake variant of the TVS NTorq 125 now costs Rs 540 more. The Disc brake variant costs Rs 840 more while the Race Edition gets a price hike of Rs 1,340. The TVS NTorq Super Squad edition receives the highest increase of Rs 1,540.
All variants of the TVS NTorq 125 continue to be powered by the same potent 124.8cc, single-cylinder engine with a maximum power output of 9.25bhp and a peak torque output of 10.5Nm.
|Model||Latest Price||Previous Price||Difference|
|Scooty Pep Plus Glossy||₹56,009||₹54,374||₹1,635|
|Scooty Pep Plus Matte Edition||₹58,759||₹56,224||₹2,535|
|Scooty Zest 110 Gloss||₹62,980||₹61,345||₹1,635|
|Scooty Zest 110 Matte Series||₹64,980||₹63,345||₹1,635|
|Jupiter Sheet Metal Wheel||₹64,437||₹63,497||₹940|
|Jupiter ZX Disc with iTouchstart||₹73,737||₹72,347||₹1,390|
|NTorq 125 Drum||₹71,095||₹70,555||₹540|
|NTorq 125 Disc||₹75,395||₹74,555||₹840|
|NTorq 125 Race Edition||₹78,375||₹77,035||₹1,340|
|NTorq 125 Super Squad Edition||₹81,075||₹79,535||₹₹1,540|
Thoughts On TVS' Scooters Receiving A Price Hike
TVS makes a variety of scooters to cater to the needs of various types of buyers. Irrespective of the segment, TVS Has hiked prices of all of its scooters. The reason for the price hike is not known at the moment, but we do know that costs are increasing at all ends and this might just be the reason.