- 1 day ago Dual-Tone Colours For TVS Radeon Launched Ahead Of Festive Season; Priced Slightly Higher
- 2 days ago Mercedes-Benz Creates The Most Transparent Retail Experience
- 2 days ago Tata Punch Vs Tata Nexon; Did Tata Accidentally Kill The Nexon?
- 3 days ago MG Astor Bookings Opened: First Batch Gets Sold Out Within 20 Minutes
- Movies Bipasha Basu Says She Is Unaffected By Pregnancy Rumours; 'The Constant Scrutiny Doesn't Bother Me'
- Technology Week 43, 2021 Launch Roundup: Nokia C30, Vivo T1, OPPO K9s, iQOO Z5x, And More
- Sports 'Lucky 13': Babar Azam lords in style as India lose to Pakistan for first time in World Cup
- News NCB's Sameer Wankhede writes to Mumbai top cop, seeks protection from action on 'false charges'
- Finance Government May Present 2 Major Financial Sector Bills In Winter Session
- Lifestyle Over 104.5 Crore COVID-19 Vaccine Doses Provided To States, UTs: Centre
- Travel Himachal Pradesh's Best Winter Destinations
- Education ICSE, ISC Board Exams Revised Datesheet 2021-22 Released By CISCE, Check Time Table Here
TVS Motor Company has decided to contribute to the fight against COVID-19 in India. TVS Motor Company along with its sister companies under the Sundaram-Clayton group has pledged Rs 40 crore to help in the fight against the deadly pandemic. The company will be supplying oxygen concentrators, food packets, PE kits, medicines, etc, to those in need.
TVS Motor Company makes some of the best mainstream motorcycles and scooters in the country. The brand has also revolutionised racing in India with active participation in races for over three decades. Alongside this, TVS is very active in its social activities through Srinivasan Services Trust (SST) which is the social arm of TVS Motor Company.
TVS Motor Company will supply 2,000 oxygen concentrators to hospitals and health centres and over 20,000 food packets will be given to essential workers on a daily basis. In addition to this, TVS will also supply thousands of PPE kits, oximeters, sanitisers and other essential medicines to government hospitals and health care centres.
TVS currently has its manufacturing units in Karnataka, Tamil Nadu and Himachal Pradesh. These states will be assisted with the aforementioned supplies first. In addition to this, TVS Motor Company is providing face masks and food packets to workers at its plants and the communities surrounding it.
TVS has already dedicated two ambulances for villages around its plants at Mysore and Hosur. The company has already vaccinated all employees aged over 45-years and claims to be ramping up efforts to vaccinate those aged between 18 and 45-years. All of TVS employees' COVID-19-related medical expenses are covered by the company.
Thoughts On TVS Motor Company Providing Assistance During Second Wave Of COVID-19
While it is great to see TVS Motor Company stepping up to help, it isn't really a big surprise. TVS Motor Company has always been helpful in times of desperation. Even during the first wave of COVID-19 in 2020, the company had contributed around Rs 60 crore towards relief efforts. Now, it has once again stood up to the task of contributing towards the fight against COVID-19.