- 14 min ago Dubai Police Gets The New Toyota Land Cruiser LC300 — Rugged Workhorse Added To Exotic Fleet
- 2 hrs ago 2021 Duster Facelift Revealed: Will Renault Bring The New Duster To India?
- 17 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Car Prices Increase — Company’s Third Price Hike Of 2021 Coming Soon
- 21 hrs ago 2021 Mini Hatchback, Convertible & John Cooper Works (JCW) Launched In India At Rs 38 Lakh
- Movies Deepshikha Deshmukh Presents Self-Care Hampers To COVID-19 Frontline Workers
- News Here is why people want Jeff Bezos to stay in Space and not return to earth
- Finance Incentives India Inc. Is Offering To Covid 19 Vaccinated Individuals
- Sports Euro 2020: Sweden vs Poland Stats Preview; Must-win game for the Poles
- Technology More Oppo Reno 6Z Key Specs Come To Light
- Education KVS Admission 2021: Class 1 First Provisional Selection List Expected Today
- Lifestyle Gangs of Wasseypur Completes 9 Years: How The Costumes Helped Shape The Tone Of The Characters
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In August
TVS Motor Company has decided to contribute to the fight against COVID-19 in India. TVS Motor Company along with its sister companies under the Sundaram-Clayton group has pledged Rs 40 crore to help in the fight against the deadly pandemic. The company will be supplying oxygen concentrators, food packets, PE kits, medicines, etc, to those in need.
TVS Motor Company makes some of the best mainstream motorcycles and scooters in the country. The brand has also revolutionised racing in India with active participation in races for over three decades. Alongside this, TVS is very active in its social activities through Srinivasan Services Trust (SST) which is the social arm of TVS Motor Company.
TVS Motor Company will supply 2,000 oxygen concentrators to hospitals and health centres and over 20,000 food packets will be given to essential workers on a daily basis. In addition to this, TVS will also supply thousands of PPE kits, oximeters, sanitisers and other essential medicines to government hospitals and health care centres.
TVS currently has its manufacturing units in Karnataka, Tamil Nadu and Himachal Pradesh. These states will be assisted with the aforementioned supplies first. In addition to this, TVS Motor Company is providing face masks and food packets to workers at its plants and the communities surrounding it.
TVS has already dedicated two ambulances for villages around its plants at Mysore and Hosur. The company has already vaccinated all employees aged over 45-years and claims to be ramping up efforts to vaccinate those aged between 18 and 45-years. All of TVS employees' COVID-19-related medical expenses are covered by the company.
Thoughts On TVS Motor Company Providing Assistance During Second Wave Of COVID-19
While it is great to see TVS Motor Company stepping up to help, it isn't really a big surprise. TVS Motor Company has always been helpful in times of desperation. Even during the first wave of COVID-19 in 2020, the company had contributed around Rs 60 crore towards relief efforts. Now, it has once again stood up to the task of contributing towards the fight against COVID-19.