- 6 hrs ago Honda Cars India Shuts Down Manufacturing Plant: Tapukara Plant Shut For Maintenance
- 7 hrs ago Felidae Maven Electric Bicycle Specs & Details: Electric Mobility At Just Rs 24,500
- 8 hrs ago Honda Cars Discounts In May 2021: Up To Rs 27,000 Benefits Available On Select Models
- 8 hrs ago Tata Motors Price Hike In May 2021: Tata Motors Hikes Prices Of All Models
- Sports Manchester City 1-2 Chelsea: Celebrations stall as Aguero aberration lets Blues back in
- Movies Bigg Boss Malayalam 3 Week 11 Elimination: Remya Is Evicted, Soorya Gets Saved?
- Finance CAMS Shares Lists On NSE After 7 Months Of Its Entry Into Capital Market: Here's Why?
- News Massive COVID-19 vaccination drive in Uttar Pradesh from May 10 for 18-plus
- Education IIIT Delhi Offering PG Diploma in Data Science and Artificial Intelligence
- Technology Amazon Mother’s Day Quiz Answers: Here's Your Chance To Bag Rs. 25,000 Amazon Pay Balance
- Lifestyle Tere Naam And M.S. Dhoni Actress Bhumika Chawla Exudes Soothing Vibes With Her Latest Outfit
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
TVS Motor Company have introduced a new technology on its popular 110cc Jupiter scooter in the Indian market. The TVS Jupiter now comes with the brand's 'IntelliGO' technology, which claims to not only improve fuel efficiency but also reduce emissions.
The new intelliGO technology is offered only on the top-spec Jupiter ZX disc variant and is priced at Rs 72,347, ex-showroom (Delhi). The new TVS Jupiter ZX disc variant with the IntelliGO tech is also offered in two colour schemes: Starlight Blue and Royal Wine.
According to TVS Motor Company, the new intelliGO technology on the Jupiter automatically switches off the engine during long idling scenarios. such as traffic signals. The scooter can then be switched back on, by just twisting the throttle.
The Jupiter is the first product from TVS to receive this feature, with more models expected to receive this tech sometime in the future. Apart from the addition of the new technology, no other changes have been made. The scooter continues to be powered by the same engine, offering the same mechanicals, features and equipment as well.
To reiterate, the TVS Jupiter comes powered by a 110cc single-cylinder air-cooled engine. It produces 7.3bhp and 8.4Nm of peak torque, paired with a CVT transmission unit. The Jupiter ZX variant comes with 220mm disc at the front and a 130mm drum brakes at the rear, supported by the brand's combi-braking system.
The scooter runs on 12-inch alloy wheels at either end. The suspension setup is made of telescopic forks at the front and a three-way adjustable coil springs at the back with hydraulic dampers.
Aniruddha Haldar, Vice President (Marketing) - Commuter Motorcycles, Scooters & Corporate Brand, TVS Motor Company said,
"TVS Motor Company has been at the forefront of introducing technological advancements backed by customer insight. TVS intelliGO is a testimony to our philosophy of listening to our customers, understanding their needs, and innovating our products to provide an unmatched product experience."
"This intelligent Stop & Go technology is significant for our consumers through its dual impact of reducing fuel costs and emissions. The technology facilitates a comfortable riding experience for our customers, along with reducing emissions. TVS intelliGO will debut on our flagship scooter brand - TVS Jupiter. We are confident that the discerning TVS Jupiter customers will find immense value in this innovation."
Thoughts On The TVS Jupiter IntelliGO Technology
TVS has debuted its newest intelligent stop & go technology on its flagship scooter offering in the country. The TVS Jupiter is also the first scooter in the 110cc segment to receive the stop-go technology. The scooter rivals the likes of the Honda Activa in the Indian market.