- News Amit Shah spends night at CRPF camp in Pulwama; says will see a peaceful J&K 'in our lifetime'
- Sports T20 World Cup: Afghanistan crush Scotland in Super 12 rout
- Education AP SET Admit Card 2021 Released, Check Steps To Download AP SET Hall Ticket For State Eligibility Test Here
- Movies Salman Khan Urges Fans To Watch Sooryavanshi, Satyameva Jayate 2 And Bunty Aur Babli 2 In Theatres
- Finance Bharti Airtel Confirms Accepting 4-Year Moratorium On Spectrum
- Technology Apple iPhone 13 Review From A Long-Term Android User: Should You Make The Switch?
- Travel Nagaland's Best Winter Destinations
- Lifestyle All You Need To Know About Mosquirix, The First Vaccine For Malaria Approved By The WHO
TVS Motor Company is one of the few mainstream auto manufacturers offering an electric two-wheeler in the Indian market. The brand's iQube electric scooter was first launched in Bengaluru last year.
The electric scooter sales recently expanded to Delhi. However, the company is now gearing up to expand sales of the iQube to 20 cities across the country. This includes Mumbai, Chennai, Pune, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, and Kolkata; among others.
The company is yet to announce the list of cities that will see the launch of the iQube electric scooter. KN Radhakrishnan, Director & CEO of TVS confirmed the sales expansion plans of the electric scooter to 20 cities in India.
The TVS iQube electric scooter retails at Rs 1.20 lakh and Rs 1.08 lakh on-road in Bangalore and Delhi, respectively. Prices are inclusive of the FAME II and state subsidies offered for EVs. The company is also offering attractive finance schemes with easy repayment options.
The price also includes a 3-year/50,000km warranty, lifetime SmartXonnect basic features, 1-year RSA (Road-Side Assistance), standard accessories, on-board charger, and 1-year SmartXonnect advance subscription.
The iQube is powered by a 4.4kW hub-mounted electric motor, paired with 3 lithium-ion battery packs. The electric powertrain offers a maximum range of 75km on a single charge (Eco mode) while having a top speed of 80km/h.
The iQube can accelerate from standstill to 40km/h in 4.2 seconds (claimed). TVS also claims that the electric scooter can charge from 0 to 75 per cent in around four hours. A 0 to 100 per cent charge will take over five hours.
The iQube electric scooter features LED headlamps, LED taillights, a large TFT instrument console, Q-park assist, regenerative braking and more. It also features the brand's SmartXonnect connected technology.
The TVS iQube primarily rivals the Ather 450X and the Bajaj Chetak Electric in the Indian market. Both rival brands of the TVS have also announced a vast expansion plan to increase sales of their electric scooters in the country.
Thoughts About The TVS iQube Electric Scooter Sales Expansion
The demand for electric scooters continues to rise across the country. The Indian government are in favour of faster EV adoption by introducing various solutions to increase EV sales. TVS is looking to bank on the current trend and expand sales of the iQube electric scooter to other EV acceptable markets soon in the country.