- 1 hr ago 2021 Mini Hatchback, Convertible & John Cooper Works (JCW) Launched In India At Rs 38 Lakh
- 5 hrs ago Nissan Magnite Exports Commences To Nepal, Indonesia & South Africa: Details
- 8 hrs ago 2021 Jaguar F-Pace SVR Bookings Open In India: High-Performance SUV Coming Soon
- 19 hrs ago Top-Selling Bikes In India (May 2021): Hero Splendor & Hero HF Deluxe Take Top Two Spots
- Movies Kangana Ranaut Wants The Country To Be Referred To As Bharat Instead Of India, Shares The Reason Why
- News Union cabinet meeting set to be held tomorrow
- Lifestyle Waking Up Just An Hour Earlier Linked To Lower Risk Of Depression, Says Study
- Finance Brief Timeline Of Jet Airways Insolvency Resolution
- Sports Swimmers Srihari Nataraj, Maana Patel nominated for Universality places in Tokyo Olympics
- Technology Infinix Zero X Tipped To Arrive With 160W Fast Charging Support
- Education Delhi 9th And 11th Result 2021: How To Download Marksheet At edudel.nic.in
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In August
TVS Motor Company is one of the few mainstream auto manufacturers offering an electric two-wheeler in the Indian market. The brand's iQube electric scooter was first launched in Bengaluru last year.
The electric scooter sales recently expanded to Delhi. However, the company is now gearing up to expand sales of the iQube to 20 cities across the country. This includes Mumbai, Chennai, Pune, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, and Kolkata; among others.
The company is yet to announce the list of cities that will see the launch of the iQube electric scooter. KN Radhakrishnan, Director & CEO of TVS confirmed the sales expansion plans of the electric scooter to 20 cities in India.
The TVS iQube electric scooter retails at Rs 1.20 lakh and Rs 1.08 lakh on-road in Bangalore and Delhi, respectively. Prices are inclusive of the FAME II and state subsidies offered for EVs. The company is also offering attractive finance schemes with easy repayment options.
The price also includes a 3-year/50,000km warranty, lifetime SmartXonnect basic features, 1-year RSA (Road-Side Assistance), standard accessories, on-board charger, and 1-year SmartXonnect advance subscription.
The iQube is powered by a 4.4kW hub-mounted electric motor, paired with 3 lithium-ion battery packs. The electric powertrain offers a maximum range of 75km on a single charge (Eco mode) while having a top speed of 80km/h.
The iQube can accelerate from standstill to 40km/h in 4.2 seconds (claimed). TVS also claims that the electric scooter can charge from 0 to 75 per cent in around four hours. A 0 to 100 per cent charge will take over five hours.
The iQube electric scooter features LED headlamps, LED taillights, a large TFT instrument console, Q-park assist, regenerative braking and more. It also features the brand's SmartXonnect connected technology.
The TVS iQube primarily rivals the Ather 450X and the Bajaj Chetak Electric in the Indian market. Both rival brands of the TVS have also announced a vast expansion plan to increase sales of their electric scooters in the country.
Thoughts About The TVS iQube Electric Scooter Sales Expansion
The demand for electric scooters continues to rise across the country. The Indian government are in favour of faster EV adoption by introducing various solutions to increase EV sales. TVS is looking to bank on the current trend and expand sales of the iQube electric scooter to other EV acceptable markets soon in the country.