- 8 hrs ago Ola Electric CEO Hints Electric Car: Next Big Step For Ola?
- 10 hrs ago 2022 Honda CBR 650R Launched In India: Prices Start From Rs 9.35 Lakh
- 12 hrs ago Komaki Ranger & Venice Electric Two Wheelers Launched In India: Prices Start From Rs 1.15 Lakh
- 14 hrs ago Five Things You Should Know About The 2022 Toyota Camry Hybrid: Generation, Design & More
- News PM Modi committed to honouring real heroes: Amit Shah on Padma awards
- Movies Bro Daddy Twitter Review: Did Mohanlal-Prithviraj Sukumaran's Film Impress The Audience?
- Finance Union Budget 2022-23: Here's What The Insurance Industry Expects
- Sports ISL 2021-22: Super-sub Irshad earns NorthEast United FC draw against Mumbai City FC
- Education Republic Day 2022: Interesting Facts About Republic Day Parade
- Technology Oppo Reno7 5G India Pricing Tipped Ahead Of February 4 Launch
- Lifestyle Know About Tongue Thrust In Newborns And Children: Causes, Symptoms And Treatment
- Travel National tourism Day 2022: Explore South India And Reclaim Your Post-Lockdown Freedom
Indian two-wheeler manufacturer TVS has launched the 2022 RTR 200 4V in India. The new 2022 TVS RTR 200 4V is priced at Rs 1,33,840 for the single-channel ABS model and Rs 1,38,890 (all prices mentioned are ex-showroom, New Delhi) for the dual-channel ABS variant.
The biggest change for the 2022 model year version of the TVS RTR 200 4V is the new headlamp unit with its distinctive daytime running light (DRL) that splits the unit into two sections. This DRL also acts as a front position light that simultaneously functions with both low and high beams of the new LED headlamp unit. The new TVS RTR 200 4V is offered in three different colour options — Gloss Black, Pearl White, and Matte Blue.
Under the skin, the TVS RTR 200 4V remains unchanged. The RTR 200 4V continues to draw power from a 197.75cc, single-cylinder, 4-stroke, 4-valve, oil-cooled engine that is paired to a 5-speed manual gearbox. The TVS RTR 200 4V's engine produces 20.53 bhp at 9,000rpm and 17.25 Nm of peak torque at 7,800rpm.
The new 2022 RTR 200 also retains the current bike's double cradle split synchro stiff frame along with the preload adjustable front forks from Showa. The bike sports a Showa mono shock at the rear which TVs claims is tuned for track performance.
The TVS RTR 200 4V rides on 17-inch alloy wheels that are shod with 90/90-17 49P (front) and 130/70 R17 M/C 62P (rear) tyres. Braking duties are handled by a 270mm petal disc up front and a 240mm petal disc unit at the rear. The new TVS RTR 200 4V is offered with both single and dual-channel ABS.
The new TVS RTR 200 4V is 2,050mm long, 790mm wide and 1,050mm tall. The wheelbase of the bike is 1,050mm long. The seat on the RTR 200 4V sits 800mm above the ground and the bike has a ground clearance of 180mm. The new RTR 200 4V from TVS sports a 12-litre fuel tank with 3 litres in reserve. The RTR 200 4V weighs in at 152 kilogrammes.
The new TVS RTR 200 4V also continues to offer three different riding modes — Sport, Urban, and Rain. The RTR 200 is the only bike in the segment to offer different riding modes. The new bike also features adjustable brakes and clutch levers with 3-step adjustment.
Also on offer is the SmartXonnet system which helps improve the riding experiences on both the road and on track. This Bluetooth enabled system offers track riding telemetry along with a host of other features including turn by turn navigation, call and SMS notifications and a crash alert system which is triggered when the bike senses a fall. The system then enters crash alert mode and within 120 seconds notifies the riders emergency contacts of the location of the fall. The alert can be cancelled by pressing the info switch within the first two minutes of the fall.
Thoughts On the new 2022 TVS RTR 200 4V
The 2022 TVS RTR 200 4V offers a few tweaks to an already brilliant bike. While the price has increased slightly, we still feel that the TVS RTR 200 4V is one of the best options in the 200cc segment.