- 7 hrs ago Ola Electric CEO Hints Electric Car: Next Big Step For Ola?
- 9 hrs ago 2022 Honda CBR 650R Launched In India: Prices Start From Rs 9.35 Lakh
- 11 hrs ago Komaki Ranger & Venice Electric Two Wheelers Launched In India: Prices Start From Rs 1.15 Lakh
- 14 hrs ago Five Things You Should Know About The 2022 Toyota Camry Hybrid: Generation, Design & More
- News PM Modi committed to honouring real heroes: Amit Shah on Padma awards
- Movies Bro Daddy Twitter Review: Did Mohanlal-Prithviraj Sukumaran's Film Impress The Audience?
- Finance Union Budget 2022-23: Here's What The Insurance Industry Expects
- Sports ISL 2021-22: Super-sub Irshad earns NorthEast United FC draw against Mumbai City FC
- Education Republic Day 2022: Interesting Facts About Republic Day Parade
- Technology Oppo Reno7 5G India Pricing Tipped Ahead Of February 4 Launch
- Lifestyle Know About Tongue Thrust In Newborns And Children: Causes, Symptoms And Treatment
- Travel National tourism Day 2022: Explore South India And Reclaim Your Post-Lockdown Freedom
TVS has released the teaser of the upcoming Apache 165 RP motorcycle, and the Hosur-based two-wheeler manufacturer has already trademarked the name, 'TVS Apache 165 RP'. The 15-second teaser video was released via the company's official social media handle.
The upcoming TVS Apache 165 RP is a higher performing variant of the popular Apache RTR 160 series of motorcycles and it is based on the recently launched Apache RTR 160 4V.
As per the 15-second teaser video, the 'RP' moniker in the name Apache RTR 165 RP stands for 'Race Performance' and we expect this motorcycle to come with sportier hardware and a slightly bigger engine.
Apart from that, we also expect the motorcycle to come with a revised riding position that is more suited to race tracks. This means the upcoming Apache RTR 165 RP could come with an even lower set of clip-on handlebars and more aggressive rear-set footpegs.
Since the TVS Apache RTR 165 RP is a sportier version of the Apache RTR 160 4V, the bike could also sport a more potent braking set-up to meet the harsh braking demands on a race track.
To further aid the demands of track riding, the TVS Apache RTR 165 RP could also sport a slightly stiffer set of suspensions at both front and back.
However, we expect the TVS Apache RTR 165 RP to carry forward the rest of the tech and features from the TVS Apache RTR 160 4V. This includes features such as LED headlamps, LED taillamps, fully-digital instrument console, one-touch start system, Glide Through Traffic (GTT) and many more.
Coming back to the powertrain, we expect the TVS Apache RTR 165 RP to produce slightly more power at higher RPM compared to the Apache RTR 160 4V, and thanks to the slight displacement advantage, the Apache RTR 165 RP will have higher peak torque as well.
We expect this engine to come with a 5-speed gearbox albeit with slightly shorter gear ratios for better acceleration, which could come in handy while setting lap times.
Thoughts About TVS Apache RTR 165 RP
The TVS Apache RTR 165 RP is a sportier version of the recently launched Apache RTR 160 4V and the upcoming motorcycle could cater to the needs of aspiring racing enthusiasts.