- 4 hrs ago Ola Electric CEO Hints Electric Car: Next Big Step For Ola?
- 5 hrs ago 2022 Honda CBR 650R Launched In India: Prices Start From Rs 9.35 Lakh
- 8 hrs ago Komaki Ranger & Venice Electric Two Wheelers Launched In India: Prices Start From Rs 1.15 Lakh
- 10 hrs ago Five Things You Should Know About The 2022 Toyota Camry Hybrid: Generation, Design & More
- Sports That's all I'm being asked about right now - Sania Mirza regrets making early retirement announcement
- Movies Ananya Panday Gets Uncomfortable In Short Red Dress; Trolls Tease Her Over Her 'Struggle' With Outfit
- Finance This Large Cap Pharma Major To Pay Interim Dividend Of 500%
- News Padma Awards Winners : Full List of Padma Vibhushan, Padma Bhushan, Padma Shri Recipients
- Education Republic Day 2022: Interesting Facts About Republic Day Parade
- Technology Oppo Reno7 5G India Pricing Tipped Ahead Of February 4 Launch
- Lifestyle Know About Tongue Thrust In Newborns And Children: Causes, Symptoms And Treatment
- Travel National tourism Day 2022: Explore South India And Reclaim Your Post-Lockdown Freedom
TVS has launched its Apache RTR 165 RP, where the 'RP' moniker stands for 'Race Performance'. The latest motorcycle is the higher-performing variant based on the recently launched TVS Apache RTR 160 4V.
Moreover, the Hosur-based two-wheeler manufacturer recently released the teaser of the Apache RTR 165 RP motorcycle and the 15-second teaser video was released via the company's official social media handle.
As we expected, the TVS Apache RTR 165 RP comes with a slightly bigger engine with more power and torque. Moreover, the motorcycle also features a few changes on the exterior to differentiate the motorcycle from the standard Apache RTR 160 4V.
Speaking about the changes to the exterior, the TVS Apache RTR 165 RP comes with a few cosmetic changes such as special decals on the fuel tank and fairing. Apart from that, the motorcycle also features a dual-tone seat with the 'TVS Racing' logo, red grab rails and matching alloy wheels.
However, the new TVS Apache RTR 165 RP continues to use the tried-and-tested hardware from the Apache RTR 160 4V. This means the motorcycle continues with an identical riding position as the Apache RTR 160 4V despite being aimed towards sportier riders.
Apart from that, the new TVS Apache RTR 165 RP continues to use a lot of features from the Apache RTR 160 4V such as LED DRLs, LED headlamps, LED taillamps, anti-theft wave bite key,fully-digital instrument console, adjustable levers, double-barrel exhaust, and rear-view mirrors.
Unlike the TVS Apache RTR 160 4V which is offered with four different exterior colour schemes such as Matte Black, Knight Black, Metallic Blue and Racing Red, the TVS Apache RTR 165 RP on the other hand is offered in just one colour scheme, which is a combination of Blue, Red, and White. However, this colour scheme helps the motorcycle stand out from the crowd.
Another key difference is that the TVS offers the Apache RTR 165 RP with disc brakes at both ends as standard and the rear disc brake now measures 240mm for better braking performance. Part of the package is also the standard inclusion of dual-channel ABS for improved safety during braking.
Coming back to the powertrain, thanks to its larger capacity 164.9cc single-cylinder SOHC engine, the TVS Apache RTR 165 RP is able to produce slightly more power at higher RPM compared to the Apache RTR 160 4V.
The engine in the TVS Apache RTR 165 RP produces 18.93 bhp at 10,000 rpm and 14.2 Nm of torque at 8,750 rpm. These figures make the TVS Apache RTR 165 RP the most powerful motorcycle in its segment.
In comparison, the standard TVS Apache RTR 160 4V pushes out 17.30 bhp at 9,250 rpm and a slightly higher 14.7 Nm of torque at 7,250 rpm in sport mode. However, in Urban and Rain modes, the power and torque are controlled to just 15.42 bhp and 14.14 Nm of torque.
Despite the additional power, the TVS Apache RTR 165 RP continues to use the 5-speed gearbox carried forward from the TVS APAche RTR 160 4V. Moreover, thanks to the higher power of the engine, the TVS Apache RTR 165 RP also has a better power-to-weight ratio.
The new TVS Apache RTR 165 RP is priced at Rs 1.45 lakh (ex-showroom, India).
Thoughts About TVS Apache RTR 165 RP
The new 165cc engine makes the TVS Apache RTR 165 RP the most powerful bike in its segment and this stat alone could make the motorcycle a lot more desirable. However, at 1.45 lakh (ex-showroom, India), the Apache RTR 165 RP is around Rs 12,000 more than the base version of the TVS Apache RTR 200 4V and forces the potential customer to rethink his buying decision.