- 9 min ago Fisker & Foxconn Enter Partnership To Develop Electric Vehicles: Could Be Produced In India
- 38 min ago Gogoro Viva Electric Scooter Patented In India: Will It Be Sold By Hero MotoCorp?
- 1 hr ago Ford Patents In-Car Advertising Technology: Reads Roadside Advertisements & Displays It On Infotainment Screen
- 2 hrs ago Mahindra Thar New Base Variant In The Works With New Engine: Here Are The Details
- Lifestyle Common Side Effects Of India-Approved COVID-19 Vaccines, And Other Details
- Movies Shivangi Joshi Says Being Part Of Yeh Rishta Is A Blessing; Actress Has A Message For Kaira Fans
- News Mucormycosis: Govt to ramp up Amphotericin B production to ensure availability of anti-fungal drug
- Finance BOB Has Released Important Banking Services & Numbers For Its Customers
- Technology MTNL Revises Five Packs; Offering 2GB Data Per Day And Unlimited Calling
- Sports India tour of England 2021: Indian cricketers to get second dose of Covid-19 vaccine in UK
- Education IIT Delhi Offering Six-Month Online Certificate Course In Data Science And Machine Learning
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In May
Triumph Motorcycles have globally unveiled the 2021 Speed Triple 1200 RS motorcycle. The new (2021) Triumph Speed Triple 1200 RS comes with a host of new updates, both cosmetic and mechanical, along with a number of added features and equipment as well.
Once launched in India, the new Triumph Speed Triple 1200 RS will be positioned as the brand's flagship roadster, positioned above the Street Triple RS, which went on sale last year.
In terms of design, the new (2021) Triumph Speed Triple 1200 RS comes with an aggressive stance, minimal bodywork and an exposed frame. The sports look is further enhanced by the sculpted fuel tank, dual headlamp units with the LED DRLs, sharp belly pan, carbon-fibre front fender, rear seat cowl and the compact tail section with the LED taillights.
The motorcycle is said to be built using an all-new aluminium chassis, making it 10 kilograms lighter than the old model. The 2021 Triumph Speed Triple 1200 RS now comes in with a kerb weight of 198kg.
Apart from the full LED lighting, the 2021 Speed Triple 1200 RS also comes in with a host of other features as well. This includes a 5-inch TFT instrument cluster, new switchgear, keyless ignition, integrated GoPro Controls and MyTriumph Connectivity technology.
Powering the new 2021 Triumph Speed Triple 1200 RS is an all-new 1160cc three-cylinder engine. It produces 178bhp at 10,750rpm and 125Nm of peak torque at 9000rpm. The engine is paired with a six-speed gearbox, with a bi-directional quick-shifter as standard. The new Speed Triple makes 30bhp and 8Nm more torque, compared to its previous model. The new engine is also 7 kilograms lighter as well.
The suspension on the 2021 Speed Triple 1200 RS is using the top-spec Ohlins NIX30 USD forks at the front and Ohlins TTX36 monoshock setup at the rear. Both the front and rear suspension is fully-adjustable for preload, rebound and damping.
Braking on the motorcycle is via dual 320mm discs at the front and a single 270mm disc at the rear, both from Brembo. The motorcycle comes with Metzeler Racetec RR tyres as standard, with the optional Pirelli Diablo SuperCorsa SC2 tyres.
Other electronic aids on offer with the new Speed Triple 1200 RS include: dual-channel ABS, cornering ABS, 6-axis IMU, traction control, launch control and five-riding modes (Road, Rain, Sport, Track & Rider).
Thoughts On The 2021 Triumph Speed Triple 1200 RS Global Unveil
Triumph Motorcycles have globally unveiled their new Speed Triple 1200 RS just days ahead of its launch in the Indian market. The Speed Triple will be the brand's first product launch in India in 2021 and is expected to be priced in the range of Rs 14 lakh, ex-showroom.