- 7 hrs ago Honda Cars India Shuts Down Manufacturing Plant: Tapukara Plant Shut For Maintenance
- 8 hrs ago Felidae Maven Electric Bicycle Specs & Details: Electric Mobility At Just Rs 24,500
- 9 hrs ago Honda Cars Discounts In May 2021: Up To Rs 27,000 Benefits Available On Select Models
- 9 hrs ago Tata Motors Price Hike In May 2021: Tata Motors Hikes Prices Of All Models
- Sports Manchester City 1-2 Chelsea: Celebrations stall as Aguero aberration lets Blues back in
- Movies Bigg Boss Malayalam 3 Week 11 Elimination: Remya Is Evicted, Soorya Gets Saved?
- Finance CAMS Shares Lists On NSE After 7 Months Of Its Entry Into Capital Market: Here's Why?
- News Massive COVID-19 vaccination drive in Uttar Pradesh from May 10 for 18-plus
- Education IIIT Delhi Offering PG Diploma in Data Science and Artificial Intelligence
- Technology Amazon Mother’s Day Quiz Answers: Here's Your Chance To Bag Rs. 25,000 Amazon Pay Balance
- Lifestyle Tere Naam And M.S. Dhoni Actress Bhumika Chawla Exudes Soothing Vibes With Her Latest Outfit
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
Triumph Motorcycles have launched their all-new Speed Triple 1200 RS in the Indian market. The new (2021) Triumph Speed Triple 1200 RS is offered with a price tag of Rs 16.95 lakh, ex-showroom (India). The new motorcycle now comes with a host of new features and equipment, along with updated design and styling as well.
The 2021 Triumph Speed Triple 1200 RS was unveiled globally just a couple of days back. The motorcycle is the brand's first of nine launches confirmed for 2021. Bookings for the motorcycle are now open at both company dealerships and/or online via the brand's website. Deliveries for the new Speed Triple is expected to begin soon.
The 2021 Triumph Speed Triple 1200 RS is now the brand's flagship model in its Roadster series. The new Speed Triple like before will be positioned above its smaller sibling, the Street Triple RS, which went on sale last year.
The new Speed Triple 1200 RS uses an all-new aluminium chassis, which reduces the weight of the motorcycle by 10 kilograms, compared to the old model. The 2021 Speed Triple comes with a kerb weight of 198kg.
Triumph has also updated the motorcycle in terms of design. The 2021 Speed Triple now comes with more aggressive styling, with minimal bodywork, a sculpted fuel tank with new ‘RS' graphics and an exposed frame.
Other elements on the motorcycle also include the sharp-looking belly pan, rear seat cowl, carbon-fibre front fender, LED headlamps with integrated LED DRLs and the compact rear section with the LED taillights. The design is further enhanced by the two paint scheme options on offer. This includes Sapphire Black and Matte Silver Ice.
The 2021 Speed Triple 1200 RS also comes packed with a host of features and electronic rider aids. This includes a 5-inch TFT instrument cluster with ‘MyTriumph' connected technology, new switchgear, keyless ignition and integrated GoPro controls. Electronics aids on the Speed Triple 1200 RS include 6-axis IMU, cornering ABS, launch control, traction control and five riding modes: Road, Rain, Sport, Track & Rider.
Powering the new (2021) Triumph Speed Triple 1200 RS is a new 1160cc three-cylinder engine. It produces 178bhp at 10,750rpm and 125Nm of peak torque at 9,000rpm, paired with a six-speed gearbox with bi-directional quick-shifter as standard.
Other mechanicals includes Ohlins front and rear suspension. This comes in the form of 43mm NIX30 upside-down forks at the front and TTX36 mono-shock setup at the back. Both suspension setups come with full-adjustability and offer 120mm of travel. Braking on the 2021 Speed Triple 1200 RS is via dual 320mm discs at the front and a single 270mm disc at the rear; supported by dual-channel ABS.
The Triumph Speed Triple 1200 RS comes with a seat height of 830mm and has a 15.5-litre fuel tank capacity. The company claims that the new Speed Triple RS returns fuel efficiency figures of 17.86 km/l; giving it a range of around 277km on a single tank of fuel.
Thoughts On The 2021 Triumph Speed Triple 1200 RS India Launch
The Triumph Speed Triple 1200 RS is the brand's first product launch in 2021. The flagship roadster offering from the iconic British brand rivals the likes of the BMW S 1000 R and the KTM 1290 Super Duke R in the global markets.