- 11 hrs ago IMOTY 2021: All-New Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Wins The 2021 Indian Bike Of The Year Award
- 12 hrs ago ICOTY 2021: Third-Generation Hyundai i20 Wins The 2021 Indian Car Of The Year Award
- 13 hrs ago Bangalore’s First La Maison Citroen Showroom Launched: Here Are All The Details
- 16 hrs ago 2021 Maruti Suzuki Swift Starts Arriving At Dealerships: Read More To Find Out!
- Technology Week 9, 2021 Launch Roundup: Samsung Galaxy A32, Redmi K40 Pro+, Realme Narzo 30A And More
- News FCI Recruitment 2021: Now apply for AGM, Medical officer posts by March 31
- Movies Thalapathy 65: Sivakarthikeyan To Join The Vijay-Nelson Dilip Kumar Project?
- Sports ISL 2020-21: OFC vs SCEB: Odisha down East Bengal in 11-goal thriller
- Lifestyle Maha Shivratri 2021: Know Why People Offer Ganga Jal To Lord Shiva
- Finance Best Fixed Deposits For Senior Citizens With Good Returns Up To 7.75%
- Education Rashtriya Indian Military College Entrance Exam 2021 Registration Begins
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In March
The list of the top-10 best-selling two-wheeler brands in India has been released. As per the list, Hero MotoCorp continues to register the highest sales in the country, followed by Honda and TVS.
Hero MotoCorp continues to dominate the two-wheeler market in India, registering the highest sales month-on-month. The company recorded 4.67 lakh units of sales in January 2021; which is a decline of 4.2 per cent compared to its sales during the same month last year which stood at 4.88 lakh.
Honda Motorcycles & Scooters India (HMSI) are close behind, occupying the second slot after registering an 11.2 per cent growth in its yearly sales. The company registered 4.16 lakh units of sales last month, a growth from 3.74 lakh units registered in January 2020.
TVS Motor Company completes the top-three. The Hosur-based two-wheeler manufacturer registered an impressive 26 per cent growth in its yearly sales, after registering 2.05 lakh units in January 2021, compared to 1.63 lakh units during the same month of 2020.
Bajaj Auto occupies the fourth position on the list, registering 1.57 lakh units of sales last month. This is almost similar to its sales during its yearly comparison, with a difference of just a few hundred units.
Chennai-based two-wheeler manufacturer, Royal Enfield takes the fifth position in terms of overall sales. The company had 64,372 units of sales last month, which is a 5 per cent growth compared to 61,292 units registered a year ago in January 2020.
|Rank||Two Wheeler OEM||Jan'21||Jan'20||Growth (%)|
|11||Mahindra Two Wheelers||26||23||13.0|
With 57,004 units of sales in January 2021, Suzuki occupies the sixth position on the list. This is a marginal growth of 1.8 per cent from 56,012 units of sales it registered last January. Yamaha is close behind in terms of sales, registering 55,151 units, which unlike Suzuki has managed to register a massive 53 per cent yearly growth from 35,913 units during January 2020.
Piaggio, Kawasaki and Triumph occupy the eighth, ninth and tenth position, respectively. While Piaggio managed to register 6,040 units, Kawasaki managed 161 units and Triumph sales stood at 62 units. However, all three two-wheeler brands registered a growth in their yearly sales figures.
Thoughts On The Top-Selling Two-Wheelers In India For January 2021
The list of the top-10 best-selling two-wheeler brands remains unchanged from December 2020. However, most manufacturers have made significant sales improvements in both monthly and yearly comparisons.