- 24 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Exports Two Million Vehicles From India: Read More To Find Out
- 1 day ago IMOTY 2021: All-New Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Wins The 2021 Indian Bike Of The Year Award
- 1 day ago ICOTY 2021: Third-Generation Hyundai i20 Wins The 2021 Indian Car Of The Year Award
- 1 day ago Bangalore’s First La Maison Citroen Showroom Launched: Here Are All The Details
- Movies Anil Kapoor Recalls How He Almost Killed Rahul Bose While Shooting For Dil Dhadakne Do; Says 'I Was Worried'
- News JNU allows final-year MPhil students on campus
- Finance Gross Value Added To Grow By 1.5% To 2% In Q4
- Technology Redmi Note 10 Global Variant To Use Snapdragon 678 SoC
- Education IBPS Clerk Mains Exam Analysis 2021, Check Difficulty Level
- Sports ATP Tour debutant Cerundolo makes history with dream Cordoba triumph
- Lifestyle Madhuri Dixit’s Glamorous Pictures In Shimmering Eye Shadow And Dark Pink Lipstick Leaves Us Speechless
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In March
The list of the top-selling two-wheeler brands in India for the month of December 2020 has been released. The list showcases the continued dominance of Hero MotoCorp, Honda and TVS, which have registered the highest sales to occupy the top three slots, respectively.
The Indian two-wheeler segment in the month of December 2020 registered 11.28 lakh units of sales; which is a 7.4 per cent growth compared to its sales during the same month of 2019. Most two-wheeler brands in the previous month's top-10 list seem to have witnessed a positive growth in its yearly reports.
Topping the charts yet again is Hero MotoCorp, which continues to register the highest sales in the country. The company registered 425,033 units of sales in December 2020; a 3.2 per cent growth from 4,12,009 units during the same month of 2019.
Second on the list is Honda Two-Wheelers India which registered 242,046 units of sales in December 2020. The Japanese brand managed to register a 5.1 per cent growth in its yearly sales, when its sales in December 2019 stood at 230,197 units.
Completing the top-three is TVS Motor Company which registered 176,912 units of sales in December 2020. The company witnessed double-digit growth in its yearly sales, improving by 12.5 per cent from 157,244 units in December 2019.
Fourth on the list is Bajaj Auto, sales of the brand in December 2020 stood at 128,642 units. This is a 3.6 per cent improvement in sales for the brand, compared to December 2019 when it registered 124,125 units.
Royal Enfield finished the top-five with 65,492 units of registered sales in the previous month. Compared to its yearly reports, the Chennai-based two-wheeler brand has witnessed a 35.1 per cent growth from December 2019 when its sales stood at 48,489 units.
|Rank||Two Wheeler OEM||Dec'20||Dec'19||Growth (%)|
Table Courtesy: Autopunditz.com
In sixth and seventh are Suzuki & Yamaha, respectively. While Suzuki registered 44,773 units of sales in December 2020, Yamaha managed to sell 39,224 units during the same month. Both Japanese two-wheeler brands Suzuki and Yamaha registered a positive response, growing by 0.9 and 33 per cent, respectively in its yearly sales reports.
The Piaggio, Kawasaki and Triumph brands complete the top-10 in the same order. Piaggio which sells Aprilia & Vespa managed to register 52 per cent growth with 5,610 units of sales in December 2020. Kawasaki and Triumph 102 units and 59 units of sales during the same period.
Thoughts On The Top-Selling Two-Wheeler Brands In India For December 2020
Hero MotoCorp continues to dominate the two-wheeler segment of the Indian market, registering almost double the sales of its immediate rival, Honda Two-Wheelers India.