- 7 hrs ago Honda Cars India Shuts Down Manufacturing Plant: Tapukara Plant Shut For Maintenance
- 8 hrs ago Felidae Maven Electric Bicycle Specs & Details: Electric Mobility At Just Rs 24,500
- 9 hrs ago Honda Cars Discounts In May 2021: Up To Rs 27,000 Benefits Available On Select Models
- 9 hrs ago Tata Motors Price Hike In May 2021: Tata Motors Hikes Prices Of All Models
- Sports Manchester City 1-2 Chelsea: Celebrations stall as Aguero aberration lets Blues back in
- Movies Bigg Boss Malayalam 3 Week 11 Elimination: Remya Is Evicted, Soorya Gets Saved?
- Finance CAMS Shares Lists On NSE After 7 Months Of Its Entry Into Capital Market: Here's Why?
- News Massive COVID-19 vaccination drive in Uttar Pradesh from May 10 for 18-plus
- Education IIIT Delhi Offering PG Diploma in Data Science and Artificial Intelligence
- Technology Amazon Mother’s Day Quiz Answers: Here's Your Chance To Bag Rs. 25,000 Amazon Pay Balance
- Lifestyle Tere Naam And M.S. Dhoni Actress Bhumika Chawla Exudes Soothing Vibes With Her Latest Outfit
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
The list of the top-selling two-wheeler brands in India for the month of December 2020 has been released. The list showcases the continued dominance of Hero MotoCorp, Honda and TVS, which have registered the highest sales to occupy the top three slots, respectively.
The Indian two-wheeler segment in the month of December 2020 registered 11.28 lakh units of sales; which is a 7.4 per cent growth compared to its sales during the same month of 2019. Most two-wheeler brands in the previous month's top-10 list seem to have witnessed a positive growth in its yearly reports.
Topping the charts yet again is Hero MotoCorp, which continues to register the highest sales in the country. The company registered 425,033 units of sales in December 2020; a 3.2 per cent growth from 4,12,009 units during the same month of 2019.
Second on the list is Honda Two-Wheelers India which registered 242,046 units of sales in December 2020. The Japanese brand managed to register a 5.1 per cent growth in its yearly sales, when its sales in December 2019 stood at 230,197 units.
Completing the top-three is TVS Motor Company which registered 176,912 units of sales in December 2020. The company witnessed double-digit growth in its yearly sales, improving by 12.5 per cent from 157,244 units in December 2019.
Fourth on the list is Bajaj Auto, sales of the brand in December 2020 stood at 128,642 units. This is a 3.6 per cent improvement in sales for the brand, compared to December 2019 when it registered 124,125 units.
Royal Enfield finished the top-five with 65,492 units of registered sales in the previous month. Compared to its yearly reports, the Chennai-based two-wheeler brand has witnessed a 35.1 per cent growth from December 2019 when its sales stood at 48,489 units.
|Rank||Two Wheeler OEM||Dec'20||Dec'19||Growth (%)|
Table Courtesy: Autopunditz.com
In sixth and seventh are Suzuki & Yamaha, respectively. While Suzuki registered 44,773 units of sales in December 2020, Yamaha managed to sell 39,224 units during the same month. Both Japanese two-wheeler brands Suzuki and Yamaha registered a positive response, growing by 0.9 and 33 per cent, respectively in its yearly sales reports.
The Piaggio, Kawasaki and Triumph brands complete the top-10 in the same order. Piaggio which sells Aprilia & Vespa managed to register 52 per cent growth with 5,610 units of sales in December 2020. Kawasaki and Triumph 102 units and 59 units of sales during the same period.
Thoughts On The Top-Selling Two-Wheeler Brands In India For December 2020
Hero MotoCorp continues to dominate the two-wheeler segment of the Indian market, registering almost double the sales of its immediate rival, Honda Two-Wheelers India.