- 51 min ago Skoda Kushaq Will Receive A New Fuel Pump; Plans For A Recall & Replacements To Be Made Free Of Cost
- 4 hrs ago Ola Electric Scooter Portal To Open On November 1. Pre-Bookings Open
- 7 hrs ago Skoda Rapid Rider Plus Variant Discontinued In India: Base Automatic Variant Price Increases
- 20 hrs ago Mahindra XUV300 To Get A 130 Bhp Petrol Engine; The Most Powerful In Its Segment
- News Navjot Singh Sidhu is disaster, oppose his name as new CM: Captain Amarinder Singh
- Sports Mohammad Hussamuddin sails into the quarterfinals on Day 4 of 5th Elite Men's National Boxing Championships
- Movies Khatron Ke Khiladi 11: Did Rohit Shetty Accidentally Hint Towards The Winner's Name?
- Finance Indian Gold Rates Today Quoted At Rs. 45,390, Showing Downward Trend, Should You Buy?
- Education Schools In Rajasthan To Reopen For Classes 6 To 8 From September 20
- Technology Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 4G Might Discontinued In India Soon
- Travel 8 Appealing Winter Holiday Destinations In India
- Lifestyle Is Hypertension Linked To Erectile Dysfunction?
Suzuki Motorcycle India Private Limited has announced the recall for the Gixxer 250 and the Gixxer 250SF motorcycles in the country. The company has cited the reason for the recall to be excessive vibrations.
According to the company, both motorcycles have a couple of components out of place inside the engine and drivetrain. Because of these vibrations, the taillamp mountings on the motorcycle have been damaged and would need to be replaced as well.
As a result, these parts need to be positioned and balanced to reduce the excessive vibrations on the Gixxer 250 and the Gixxer 250SF. A total of 199 units of both motorcycles have been affected and are part of the recall. These motorcycles have been manufactured between August 12, 2019, and March 21, 2021.
The recall statement from the company said, "Engine vibration increase because of balancer drive gear miss position set. Crank Balancer Gear drive machine marking position wrong. Machining of matching mark done on the wrong position. Template for marking of matching position was not used by the supervisor. In the worst-case due to vibration, tail lamp mounting lugs 2 out of 6 nos may be broken, but functionally no problem."
The fix would include the technician removing the bottom part of the engine, which is expected to take a couple of hours. Additionally, they will also be replacing the damaged taillamps mountings, if any on the motorcycle.
Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic and the need for social distancing, the company has request customers to visit dealerships with a prior appointment. In addition to the dealerships are also currently functioning with a limited staff to ensure safety and adequate distancing being maintained as per the guidelines received from the government authorities. As a result, it's best to check with dealers before visiting them for service.
The Suzuki Gixxer 250 BS6 models are powered by the same engine as seen on the BS4 models, which complies with the latest emission norms. The single-cylinder air/oil-cooled 249cc engine produces 26bhp at 9300rpm and 22.2Nm at 7300rpm. The engine comes mated to a standard six-speed gearbox.
The Suzuki Gixxer 250 will rival the Duke 250, the Yamaha FZ 25 and the recently launched Bajaj Dominar 250. The motorcycles come well equipped to take on the rivals and produces more power than the Domniar 250 and the Yamaha FZ 25.
Thoughts About The Suzuki Gixxer 250 & 250SF Recalled In India
According to the company, the miss position of the balancer gear will not have caused any issues apart from vibrations. However, it is one of the integral parts of the motorcycle's drivetrain. Once fixed, the engine should be well-balanced to remove vibrations from the affected motorcycles.