- 17 min ago Omega Seiki Electric Three-Wheelers With Log 9 Battery Pack Takes 30 Minutes For Full Charge
- 1 hr ago Piaggio India Opens 100 dealerships In 100 Days: A New Milestone Achieved!
- 2 hrs ago White Carbon Motors GT5 Electric Scooter Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.15 Lakh
- 2 hrs ago The Largest Business Jet Gets Features From Rafale Fighter: Dassault Falcon 10X Unveiled
- Sports If England's best players stand together, they will play IPL 2021: Kevin Pietersen on ECB no
- Lifestyle Priyanka Chopra Jonas’ Goddess Kali Jacket Has Gone Viral; Some Don’t Like It But We Love It; Details Inside!
- Movies Nick Jonas Spills A Bedroom Secret Of Him And Wife Priyanka Chopra And Its Unmissable
- News Major Opposition parties write to PM Modi, demand free mass vaccination, suspension of Central Vista project
- Education Akshaya Tritiya 2021: Know The Significance Behind The Celebration Of This Festival
- Travel Places To Visit In Puducherry In May 2021
- Finance April CPI Inflation Softens To 4.29 Per Cent; March IIP Spikes To 22 Percent
- Technology Poco M3 Pro 5G Launch Scheduled On May 19; Another Rebranded Redmi Smartphone?
Suzuki Motorcycle India Private Limited has announced the recall for the Gixxer 250 and the Gixxer 250SF motorcycles in the country. The company has cited the reason for the recall to be excessive vibrations.
According to the company, both motorcycles have a couple of components out of place inside the engine and drivetrain. Because of these vibrations, the taillamp mountings on the motorcycle have been damaged and would need to be replaced as well.
As a result, these parts need to be positioned and balanced to reduce the excessive vibrations on the Gixxer 250 and the Gixxer 250SF. A total of 199 units of both motorcycles have been affected and are part of the recall. These motorcycles have been manufactured between August 12, 2019, and March 21, 2021.
The recall statement from the company said, "Engine vibration increase because of balancer drive gear miss position set. Crank Balancer Gear drive machine marking position wrong. Machining of matching mark done on the wrong position. Template for marking of matching position was not used by the supervisor. In the worst-case due to vibration, tail lamp mounting lugs 2 out of 6 nos may be broken, but functionally no problem."
The fix would include the technician removing the bottom part of the engine, which is expected to take a couple of hours. Additionally, they will also be replacing the damaged taillamps mountings, if any on the motorcycle.
Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic and the need for social distancing, the company has request customers to visit dealerships with a prior appointment. In addition to the dealerships are also currently functioning with a limited staff to ensure safety and adequate distancing being maintained as per the guidelines received from the government authorities. As a result, it's best to check with dealers before visiting them for service.
The Suzuki Gixxer 250 BS6 models are powered by the same engine as seen on the BS4 models, which complies with the latest emission norms. The single-cylinder air/oil-cooled 249cc engine produces 26bhp at 9300rpm and 22.2Nm at 7300rpm. The engine comes mated to a standard six-speed gearbox.
The Suzuki Gixxer 250 will rival the Duke 250, the Yamaha FZ 25 and the recently launched Bajaj Dominar 250. The motorcycles come well equipped to take on the rivals and produces more power than the Domniar 250 and the Yamaha FZ 25.
Thoughts About The Suzuki Gixxer 250 & 250SF Recalled In India
According to the company, the miss position of the balancer gear will not have caused any issues apart from vibrations. However, it is one of the integral parts of the motorcycle's drivetrain. Once fixed, the engine should be well-balanced to remove vibrations from the affected motorcycles.