- 6 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki WagonR Xtra Edition Launched In India — Priced At Rs 23,000 More Than VXi Variant
- 8 hrs ago No More Registration Fee For Electric Vehicles — EVs To Become More Accessible In India
- 1 day ago All Cars In India To Feature Minimum 2 Airbags. Who Invented The Airbags, Importance…& More
- 1 day ago No Reduction In Import Duties For Tesla Says Government — Tesla Cars To Remain Expensive In India
- Sports India vs England, 1st Test: Virat Kohli claims unwanted batting record after getting dismissed for golden duck
- Movies Bigg Boss Kannada 8: BB Fulfils Vaishnavi Gowda’s Wish, Actress Receives Sweet Audio Message From Her Mother
- News Assam govt withdraws Mizoram travel advisory; To work towards border peace
- Education HOS 12th Result 2021: HBSE Haryana Open School 12th Result 2021 Released
- Finance 5 High Rated & Top Performing Small-Cap Funds To Plan SIP In 2021
- Technology Xiaomi Independence Day Sale: Discounts And Offers You Can Get
- Lifestyle Kiara Advani, Vidya Balan, And Nora Fatehi Flaunt Sarees; Whose Saree Did You Find The Prettiest?
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In September
Suzuki Motorcycles India has been testing what could be its first EV for the Indian market. Based on the brand's popular maxi-scooter offering, the Burgman Street, the new electric scooter could be on for an India launch sometime later this year.
Ahead of its introduction in the market, the Suzuki Burgman electric scooter has been spied yet again, this time up close. The spy pics from Rushlane, showcases the Burgman electric scooter without any camouflage and carrying the same styling as its IC-engine powered version.
However, there are a few differences which help differentiate between the standard and the electric version. The first difference is the dual-tone paint scheme. The new electric Burgman scooter can be seen with blue highlights on the lower parts of the side panel and near the front handlebars.
Another difference is the obvious absence of the exhaust pipes. The scooter also comes with a dual shock absorber now, to be able to handle the extra weight from the lithium-ion battery packs.
Apart from the above-mentioned differences, the prototype version of the Suzuki Burgman electric scooter seems to carry forward all the features and elements from the standard model.
This includes the LED headlamps, the LED tail lights, the full-digital instrument cluster which will be offered with smartphone connectivity via Bluetooth. The scooter will also feature the same set of tubeless tyres, while also getting stylish alloy wheels as well.
What is unknown at this point, however, is the powertrain on the electric scooter. While we do expect the Suzuki Burgman electric to be powered by a lithium-ion battery pack mated to an electric motor, the company is yet to confirm the power ratings.
The electric scooter could be offered with a similar power rating as its competitors in the segment. This also includes a similar range of around 90km on a single charge. Top speed on the electric scooter could be in the range of 80km/h. The new Burgman electric will also feature a charging time of around 3 to 4 hours.
Thoughts On The Suzuki Burgman Electric Scooter Spied
The Suzuki Burgman electric scooter is expected to be the brand's first EV offering for the Indian market. Once launched in India, the Burgman electric could be priced similar to its competitors, around the Rs 1.10 lakh mark, ex-showroom. Rivals to the Suzuki Burgman electric include the Bajaj Chetak electric, TVS iQube and the Ather 450X.