- 12 hrs ago Kawasaki Bikes Offers & New-Year Discounts For January 2021: Benefits Of Rs 50,000 On Select Models
- 14 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Top Two-Wheeler Stories From Previous Week In The Market
- 15 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are The Main Headlines From The Week Gone By!
- 1 day ago 2021 Aprilia RSV4 and RSV4 Factory Revealed: Here Is Everything You Need To Know
- Sports Liverpool 0-0 Manchester United: Stalemate keeps Red Devils top of Premier League
- Movies Aari Arjuna Bags Bigg Boss Tamil 4 Trophy
- News Parliament panel summons Facebook and Twitter officials on Jan 21
- Technology Motorola Nio Design Tipped Via Leaked Hand-On Images; To Flaunt Dual-Slefie Camera Module
- Lifestyle 28 Best Foods To Lower Cholesterol
- Finance 3 Housing Finance Stocks That Can Generate Solid Returns
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In January
- Education Bihar Board 12th Admit Card 2021, Download BSEB Intermediate Admit Card 2021 at biharboardonline.com
Suzuki Motorcycles India has been testing what could be its first EV for the Indian market. Based on the brand's popular maxi-scooter offering, the Burgman Street, the new electric scooter could be on for an India launch sometime later this year.
Ahead of its introduction in the market, the Suzuki Burgman electric scooter has been spied yet again, this time up close. The spy pics from Rushlane, showcases the Burgman electric scooter without any camouflage and carrying the same styling as its IC-engine powered version.
However, there are a few differences which help differentiate between the standard and the electric version. The first difference is the dual-tone paint scheme. The new electric Burgman scooter can be seen with blue highlights on the lower parts of the side panel and near the front handlebars.
Another difference is the obvious absence of the exhaust pipes. The scooter also comes with a dual shock absorber now, to be able to handle the extra weight from the lithium-ion battery packs.
Apart from the above-mentioned differences, the prototype version of the Suzuki Burgman electric scooter seems to carry forward all the features and elements from the standard model.
This includes the LED headlamps, the LED tail lights, the full-digital instrument cluster which will be offered with smartphone connectivity via Bluetooth. The scooter will also feature the same set of tubeless tyres, while also getting stylish alloy wheels as well.
What is unknown at this point, however, is the powertrain on the electric scooter. While we do expect the Suzuki Burgman electric to be powered by a lithium-ion battery pack mated to an electric motor, the company is yet to confirm the power ratings.
The electric scooter could be offered with a similar power rating as its competitors in the segment. This also includes a similar range of around 90km on a single charge. Top speed on the electric scooter could be in the range of 80km/h. The new Burgman electric will also feature a charging time of around 3 to 4 hours.
Thoughts On The Suzuki Burgman Electric Scooter Spied
The Suzuki Burgman electric scooter is expected to be the brand's first EV offering for the Indian market. Once launched in India, the Burgman electric could be priced similar to its competitors, around the Rs 1.10 lakh mark, ex-showroom. Rivals to the Suzuki Burgman electric include the Bajaj Chetak electric, TVS iQube and the Ather 450X.