- 16 min ago Land Rover Defender 130 Gun Bus Designed By Prince Philip To Be Used For His Last Journey
- 43 min ago Bajaj CT110X Launched In India Priced At Rs 55,494: The Rugged Commuter Is Here!
- 1 hr ago Bajaj Chetak EV Prices Increased: Electric Scooter Bookings Closed Again In India
- 3 hrs ago TVS Apache RTR 160 4V & RTR 200 4V Prices Hiked Again This Year: Here Are The New Prices!
- Movies Tovino Thomas Tests Positive For COVID-19; Reveals He Is Asymptomatic
- News Petrol, diesel rate cut after 15 days; check prices here
- Sports IPL 2021: SRH vs RCB: Trevor Bayliss defends Harshal Patel's no-ball call
- Lifestyle Just Like Nushrat Bharucha, Kriti Kharbanda And Rakhi Sawant, Add Colourful Prints To Your Summer Closet
- Finance Wipro Shares Jump Over 3% Ahead Of Q4 Results
- Education How To Ace Board Exams 2021 Along With JEE, NEET Preparations
- Technology Airtel Introduces New Corporate Structure: Know Why
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In April
Suzuki Motorcycles India has been testing what could be its first EV for the Indian market. Based on the brand's popular maxi-scooter offering, the Burgman Street, the new electric scooter could be on for an India launch sometime later this year.
Ahead of its introduction in the market, the Suzuki Burgman electric scooter has been spied yet again, this time up close. The spy pics from Rushlane, showcases the Burgman electric scooter without any camouflage and carrying the same styling as its IC-engine powered version.
However, there are a few differences which help differentiate between the standard and the electric version. The first difference is the dual-tone paint scheme. The new electric Burgman scooter can be seen with blue highlights on the lower parts of the side panel and near the front handlebars.
Another difference is the obvious absence of the exhaust pipes. The scooter also comes with a dual shock absorber now, to be able to handle the extra weight from the lithium-ion battery packs.
Apart from the above-mentioned differences, the prototype version of the Suzuki Burgman electric scooter seems to carry forward all the features and elements from the standard model.
This includes the LED headlamps, the LED tail lights, the full-digital instrument cluster which will be offered with smartphone connectivity via Bluetooth. The scooter will also feature the same set of tubeless tyres, while also getting stylish alloy wheels as well.
What is unknown at this point, however, is the powertrain on the electric scooter. While we do expect the Suzuki Burgman electric to be powered by a lithium-ion battery pack mated to an electric motor, the company is yet to confirm the power ratings.
The electric scooter could be offered with a similar power rating as its competitors in the segment. This also includes a similar range of around 90km on a single charge. Top speed on the electric scooter could be in the range of 80km/h. The new Burgman electric will also feature a charging time of around 3 to 4 hours.
Thoughts On The Suzuki Burgman Electric Scooter Spied
The Suzuki Burgman electric scooter is expected to be the brand's first EV offering for the Indian market. Once launched in India, the Burgman electric could be priced similar to its competitors, around the Rs 1.10 lakh mark, ex-showroom. Rivals to the Suzuki Burgman electric include the Bajaj Chetak electric, TVS iQube and the Ather 450X.