- 1 hr ago Yamaha Aerox 155 Launched In India; Powered By R15 Sourced 155cc Engine With VVA
- 4 hrs ago New Yamaha R15 V4.0 Launched In India; R15M And Aerox 155 Launched Along
- 9 hrs ago Audi E-Tron GT Launch Tomorrow; Audi Claims 383 Km Range
- 1 day ago Royal Enfield Introduces ‘Make It Yours’ Riding Jackets; Available Soon At Dealership Level
- Movies Bade Achhe Lagte Hain 2 Actor Nakuul Mehta Shares An Update About His Health, Thanks Fans For Their Wishes
- News Muslims have highest fertility rate, Jains the lowest among India's major religious groups: Pew report
- Sports With good balance of youth and experience, head coach Bozidar is confident of CFC’s chances in ISL 2021-22
- Education SBI Clerk Prelims Result 2021 Declared, Check Direct Link
- Technology Realme GT Neo2 Price Revealed Ahead Of Launch; New Dimensity 1200AI SoC Variant Also Tipped
- Lifestyle Emma Corrin’s Emmy’s 2021 Costume Is Surprising And There Could Be Salem Witch Trials Angle To It
- Finance How To Choose ELSS Fund To Save Tax And Create Wealth?
- Travel 8 Beautiful Long Drive Routes In India
Simple Energy has announced that the pre-bookings for its electric scooter - One - will be opened on Independence Day. The booking amount for the Simple One is set at Rs 1,947 - a number that takes every Indian citizen back to the year we got our Independence.
The launch of the Simple One electric scooter will also take place on the same day as the pre-booking. However, customers will have to wait till 5 pm to pre-book the electric scooter by paying an amount of Rs 1,947.
The biggest highlight of Simple energy's 'One' is its range. The company claims that the Mark 2 can cover 240 kilometres on a single charge in ‘Eco Mode'. Though this number does seem a bit too ‘theoretical', it starts to make sense once you uncover the battery specifications.
Unlike other electric scooters, the Simple One uses a removable 4.8kWh lithium-ion battery pack. This makes it almost twice the size of the Ather 450X's 2.61kWh battery pack in terms of capacity.
Since battery packs are heavy, the Simple Energy One uses two battery packs weighing 6kgs each instead of one single unit weighing close to 12kgs. This also maximises convenience while carrying the battery pack. This makes each unit of the battery pack compact and lighter and hence conveniently portable.
The Simple Energy electric scooter is also said to be one of the best scooters in terms of performance. The company claims that the scooter takes just 3.6 seconds to complete the 0-100km/h run and the top speed is claimed to be 100km/h. This performance is better than any electric scooter yet, and beats most petrol-powered scooters too.
In terms of the pricing, the Simple One is said to be priced between Rs 1.10 lakh and Rs 1.20 lakh.
Thoughts On Simple Energy Scooter Pre-Bookings Being Opened On August 15
A couple of years back, there weren't good ‘yardsticks' for making a good electric scooter, but now that is not the case. It will be good to see an Indian start-up company improve on the current benchmark scooters while keeping the prices competitive at the same time.