- 9 hrs ago Amara Raja Batteries Restarts Production After 10 Days: Amaron Is Back In Business
- 10 hrs ago Royal Enfield Sultan 650 Concept Based On Interceptor 650 Revealed By Neev Motorcycles
- 11 hrs ago Yamaha Temporarily Shuts Down Production Facilities In India Due To Rising In Covid-19 Cases
- 11 hrs ago Tata Cars Offer & Discounts For May 2021: Here Are The Model-Wise Benefits
- Technology Flipkart Apple Days May 2021 Sale: Discount Offer On iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Mini, iPhone 12 Pro, And More
- News Centre eases procurement norms of medical supplies for various ministries
- Movies Jamai Raja Fame Ravi Dubey Tests Positive For Coronavirus; Shares Post On Social Media
- Sports Bengaluru FC returns from Maldives, goes into mandatory quarantine
- Finance Understanding ‘A', ‘B', ‘Z', ‘T' And ‘S' Group Of Stocks On BSE
- Education Assam Class 11 Exams 2021 Cancelled, AHSEC Promotes Students Without Exams
- Lifestyle Kate Middleton And Meghan Markle Make A Strong Case For Red! Whose Outfit Did You Like More?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
Simple Energy — a Bengaluru-based electric scooter manufacturer has announced that they will be introducing their flagship product in the coming months. The new e-scooter from Simple Energy, christened 'Mark-2' will be launched in May 2021.
The company has also confirmed that they have managed to raise an undisclosed amount in pre-series funding. The funding is said to have come from angel investors Mr Vel Kanniappan and four others. Simple Energy is hoping to further raise another 8 to 10 million dollars of funding in the Series A funding, during the second quarter of this year.
The Simple Energy Mark-2 will be the brand's flagship electric scooter offering in the country. The Mark-2 electric scooter will initially be available in select cities across India. This includes Bengaluru and Delhi followed by Chennai, Mumbai and Hyderabad as well.
Suhas Rajkumar, Founder of Simple Energy,
"Closing the pre-series round has given the year a great start. We're glad to have investors like Mr Vel and the other four investors believe in the idea of Simple Energy. This pre-series has come in at the right time as we are launching the product Mark-2 in the mid of 2021. We look forward to a long term association with them."
Talking about the Simple Energy Mark-2, the electric scooter claims to offer a range of 240km (in Eco mode) on a single charge. The Mark-2 is said to be powered by a 4.8kWh lithium-ion battery pack. The electric scooter also claims strong performance figures with a top speed of 100km/h and a 0 - 50km/h acceleration time of 3.6 seconds.
The Mark-2 seems to have been built on the brand's initial ‘Mark-1' prototype electric scooter. The company back in November 2020 had announced that their Mark-1 comes with an ARAI-certified range of ‘more than 230km'. The Mark-1 electric scooter, however, was powered by a 4kWh battery pack which was said to be developed in-house by Simple Energy.
Thoughts On The Simple Energy Mark-2 Electric Scooter India Launch
The Simple Energy electric scooter claims to offer a massive range of 240km on a single charge, which combined with its stylish and sporty design; makes it an attractive offering. Once launched, the Simple Energy Mark-2 e-scooter will take on the likes of the Ather 450X in India.