- 9 min ago BharatBenz Introduces Eight New CVs To Its Product Lineup: Here Are The Details
- 1 hr ago Skoda Kushaq Production Prototype Images Released: Here Are All The Details Ahead Of Its World Premiere
- 3 hrs ago 2021 Jeep Compass SUV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 16.99 Lakh
- 4 hrs ago 2021 Triumph Speed Triple 1200RS Globally Unveiled Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are The Details
- Finance Sensex Ends 937 Points Lower; Nifty Below 14,000 For The First Time Since 4 Jan
- Lifestyle Karishma Tanna’s Eyeliner-Free Glossy Make-Up Will Soon Be Your Go-To Party Look
- Technology How To Download FAUG On PC? What Rating Has FAUG Received?
- Movies Kangana Ranaut Reacts To Violence At Protesting Farmers' Tractor Rally: Did My Best To Avoid This But I Failed
- Sports BCCI president Sourav Ganguly in hospital again weeks after surgery
- News Tandav makers fail to get Supreme Court’s protection from arrest
- Education JNVST Admit Card 2021 Released For Class 9 Lateral Entry Selection Test
- Travel Experiential Travel: 13-Year-old Sohan Raghuram Writes About His Unique Trip To Goa
Simple Energy — a Bengaluru-based electric scooter manufacturer has announced that they will be introducing their flagship product in the coming months. The new e-scooter from Simple Energy, christened 'Mark-2' will be launched in May 2021.
The company has also confirmed that they have managed to raise an undisclosed amount in pre-series funding. The funding is said to have come from angel investors Mr Vel Kanniappan and four others. Simple Energy is hoping to further raise another 8 to 10 million dollars of funding in the Series A funding, during the second quarter of this year.
The Simple Energy Mark-2 will be the brand's flagship electric scooter offering in the country. The Mark-2 electric scooter will initially be available in select cities across India. This includes Bengaluru and Delhi followed by Chennai, Mumbai and Hyderabad as well.
Suhas Rajkumar, Founder of Simple Energy,
"Closing the pre-series round has given the year a great start. We're glad to have investors like Mr Vel and the other four investors believe in the idea of Simple Energy. This pre-series has come in at the right time as we are launching the product Mark-2 in the mid of 2021. We look forward to a long term association with them."
Talking about the Simple Energy Mark-2, the electric scooter claims to offer a range of 240km (in Eco mode) on a single charge. The Mark-2 is said to be powered by a 4.8kWh lithium-ion battery pack. The electric scooter also claims strong performance figures with a top speed of 100km/h and a 0 - 50km/h acceleration time of 3.6 seconds.
The Mark-2 seems to have been built on the brand's initial ‘Mark-1' prototype electric scooter. The company back in November 2020 had announced that their Mark-1 comes with an ARAI-certified range of ‘more than 230km'. The Mark-1 electric scooter, however, was powered by a 4kWh battery pack which was said to be developed in-house by Simple Energy.
Thoughts On The Simple Energy Mark-2 Electric Scooter India Launch
The Simple Energy electric scooter claims to offer a massive range of 240km on a single charge, which combined with its stylish and sporty design; makes it an attractive offering. Once launched, the Simple Energy Mark-2 e-scooter will take on the likes of the Ather 450X in India.