- 6 hrs ago Tata Tiago CNG Vs Maruti Suzuki Celerio CNG: Design, Powertrain & More
- 8 hrs ago Toyota Hilux TVC Out Ahead Of Launch: Bookings Now Open
- 10 hrs ago Skoda Slavia Production Started: Deliveries To Commence From March 2022
- 15 hrs ago Five Things To Know About The Tata Tiago CNG: Design, Powertrain & More
- News Goa elections: Manohar Parikkar's son quits BJP after failing to get ticket
- Movies Bigg Boss 15 January 21 Highlights: Rashami Desai And Devoleena Bhattacharjee Get Into A Nasty Fight
- Finance Buy Aster DM Healthcare For 16% Potential Gains In 3 Months: HDFC Securities
- Sports PKL 2021-22: U.P. Yoddha beat Bengal Warriors, jump to fourth on points table
- Lifestyle COVID: Omicron Sub-Lineage BA.2 Considered 'Variant Under Investigation' In The UK
- Education RSMSSB Admit Card 2022 Released For Fireman, AFO Exam At rsmssb.rajasthan.gov.in, Download Here
- Technology Intel Is Building World's Largest Chip Manufacturing Plant In Ohio, USA: Will Be Operational By 2025
- Travel Amazing Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In Winter Of 2022
The second wave of the Covid-19 pandemic has hit the country really hard. Businesses are either running low on staff or have shut down. Due to this crisis, along with other manufacturers like Hero, Honda, and Yamaha, Royal Enfield has also taken a similar step by putting the production on a temporary hold.
The company has halted all operations across its facilities in Chennai from today (13 May) to 16 May 2021. Royal Enfield has plants set up in Thiruvottiyur, Oragadam and Vallam Vadagal areas around Chennai. However, during the temporary production halt, the company will carry out maintenance activities across its facilities. As for the employees working in its corporate offices located in Chennai and Gurgaon, they will continue to work from home.
Royal Enfield is also working on a new classic-roadster motorcycle. This new motorcycle from RE could be codenamed, the Hunter. It is expected to be placed in the brand's 350cc segment. Most of its features and mechanicals are expected to be shared from the brand's new J-platform motorcycle, the Meteor 350.
Mechanically, the Hunter is expected to be powered by the same engine as the Meteor 350. It will be the new SOHC 349cc single-cylinder air-oil cooled SOHC engine that will produce 20.2bhp of power at 6100rpm and 27Nm of peak torque at 4000rpm and is mated to a five-speed gearbox. With the new engine, the motorcycle is expected to carry impressive levels of refinement.
Suspension duties on the motorcycle seem to be handled by a conventional telescopic fork with gator covers at the front and a twin-shock setup at the rear. Braking on the motorcycle is expected to be the same as seen on the new Meteor cruiser motorcycle. It is also expected to be offered with a dual-channel ABS as standard.
Thoughts About Royal Enfield Halting Its Production Due To The Covid-19 Pandemic
The second wave of Covid-19 virus spread in the country is increasing at a rapid pace. As a result, automakers have decided to curb the spread by announcing non-production days in the country. However, Royal Enfield has done a good job by temporarily halting the production line.