- 5 hrs ago Ola Introduces Electric Vehicle Taxi Rides In London
- 7 hrs ago 2021 Mercedes-Maybach S680 Revealed: Epitome Of Luxury & V12 Power
- 11 hrs ago Datsun Cars Offers & Discount For May 2021: Up To Rs 40,000 Benefits Across Models
- 1 day ago Hero MotoCorp To Resume Operations From May 17 In A Staggered Manner In The Country
- News Cyclone Tauktae: Amit Shah stresses on protection of COVID hospitals, oxygen plants
- Sports Babar Azam wanted to pick few players but they weren't selected: Shoaib Malik in a scathing attack on PCB
- Movies Sudha Chandran's Father And Veteran Actor KD Chandran Passes Away Due To Cardiac Arrest
- Finance Will Interest Rates On PPF, NSC, Post Office Deposits Be Cut On July 1?
- Education Industry Leaders Cobble Up COVID Widows Initiative To Help Women Who Lost Their Partners To Pandemic
- Technology Looking For COVID-19 Vaccine Slot? These CoWIN Tips Might Be Useful
- Lifestyle On Vicky Kaushal’s Birthday, His Super-Cool Hairstyles From Masaan, Manmarziyaan, And Sanju
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In May
Royal Enfield is lending its support to a motorcycle expedition from Bangalore to Uttarakhand and back. The journey is being undertaken by Archana Thimmaraju, a 34-year-old from Bangalore. She aims to create and explore opportunities for the hearing impaired and spread awareness about different forms of communication.
Motorcycle expeditions are undertaken by many for various reasons. Some do it for pleasure, some do it to have fun, some more do it to explore opportunities while a few others do it for a cause. Archana Thimmaraju belongs to the last category.
She is the co-founder of Silent Expedition, an NGO for motorcyclists with a specific focus on disabilities. The NGO aims to create more opportunities for the hearing impaired and supports them towards exploring their potential and possibilities.
Archana herself being a hearing impaired motorcyclist knows the difficulties faced first hand. Hence, she decided to ride from Bangalore to Uttarakhand, making several stops on the way to create awareness about the different forms of communication, especially non-verbal language.
Royal Enfield has lent its support to this expedition by providing Archana with the Meteor 350 for the ride. The Royal Enfield Meteor 350 is the first product from the brand to be based on the ‘J Series' platform and features an all-new chassis and engine.
It is powered by a new air-cooled, 349cc, single-cylinder engine with a maximum power output of 20.12bhp and a peak torque output of 27Nm. A 5-speed gearbox drives the rear wheel. The new engine is more refined and relaxed over longer distances. This makes it perfect for long rides like the one undertaken by Archana. Royal Enfield will also provide service support for the expedition through its service centres spread out across the country.
Thoughts On Royal Enfield Supporting Silent Expedition's Motorcycle Ride
Riding for a cause is always more noble than any other kind of ride. Archana Thimmaraju is riding to help other motorcyclists and this makes her cause greater, at least for other motorcyclists who are struggling with impaired hearing. Royal Enfield has chosen a just cause to support, with the Meteor 350.