- 54 min ago Royal Enfield Continental GT Cup; More Affordable Than One Might Imagine
- 7 hrs ago BMW C 400 GT Teaser Video Released; Comes With 34 Bhp 350cc Engine
- 10 hrs ago New Honda BR-V Revealed; Comes With ADAS And Many Other Advanced Features
- 14 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Style Variant Gets Updated; Kushaq Style Variant Now Receives 6 Airbags & TPMS
- Movies Sunny Movie Review: Jayasurya's Powerful Performance Saves This Brave Attempt
- News Bihar court's unique condition to rape accused to get bail: Wash clothes of 2000 women
- Sports IPL 2021, DC vs SRH: Full List of Award Winners, Man of The Match, Post Match Presentation Highlights
- Finance 3 EPFO Services Subscribers Can Avail Via Digilocker
- Technology Linksys Velop AX4200 WiFi 6 Mesh System Launched In India: Supports Over 120 Devices
- Lifestyle Chitrangda Looks Graceful In Her White Suit Look And We Can’t Take Our Eyes Off Her
- Education Delhi University Admit Card 2021 Released, Check Direct Link
- Travel 7 Amazing Indian Beaches For Families
Royal Enfield is lending its support to a motorcycle expedition from Bangalore to Uttarakhand and back. The journey is being undertaken by Archana Thimmaraju, a 34-year-old from Bangalore. She aims to create and explore opportunities for the hearing impaired and spread awareness about different forms of communication.
Motorcycle expeditions are undertaken by many for various reasons. Some do it for pleasure, some do it to have fun, some more do it to explore opportunities while a few others do it for a cause. Archana Thimmaraju belongs to the last category.
She is the co-founder of Silent Expedition, an NGO for motorcyclists with a specific focus on disabilities. The NGO aims to create more opportunities for the hearing impaired and supports them towards exploring their potential and possibilities.
Archana herself being a hearing impaired motorcyclist knows the difficulties faced first hand. Hence, she decided to ride from Bangalore to Uttarakhand, making several stops on the way to create awareness about the different forms of communication, especially non-verbal language.
Royal Enfield has lent its support to this expedition by providing Archana with the Meteor 350 for the ride. The Royal Enfield Meteor 350 is the first product from the brand to be based on the ‘J Series' platform and features an all-new chassis and engine.
It is powered by a new air-cooled, 349cc, single-cylinder engine with a maximum power output of 20.12bhp and a peak torque output of 27Nm. A 5-speed gearbox drives the rear wheel. The new engine is more refined and relaxed over longer distances. This makes it perfect for long rides like the one undertaken by Archana. Royal Enfield will also provide service support for the expedition through its service centres spread out across the country.
Thoughts On Royal Enfield Supporting Silent Expedition's Motorcycle Ride
Riding for a cause is always more noble than any other kind of ride. Archana Thimmaraju is riding to help other motorcyclists and this makes her cause greater, at least for other motorcyclists who are struggling with impaired hearing. Royal Enfield has chosen a just cause to support, with the Meteor 350.