- 16 hrs ago Royal Enfield Introduces ‘Make It Yours’ Riding Jackets; Available Soon At Dealership Level
- 18 hrs ago Tata Punch Reaches Dealerships Before Its Official Launch; Tata Bets Big On Punch
- 23 hrs ago Yamaha Aerox 155 Launch Tomorrow; Powered By Yamaha’s Liquid-Cooled Engine From R15
- 2 day ago MG Astor First Look Review — The Most Advanced MG Yet Is Quite Impressive
- News Astrological incompatibility can't be an excuse to go back on marriage promise: Bombay HC
- Finance JM Financial Products NCD With 8.3% Interest; Who Should Consider?
- Movies Salman Khan's Tere Naam Co-Star Bhumika Chawla Reveals The Reason Behind Her Absence In Bollywood
- Technology Nokia Tablet To Be Launched On October 6: What To Expect?
- Education International Day of Peace 2021: Know Why World Peace Day Is Celebrated
- Sports Petchdam plans to stop Taiki Naito, eyes ONE Flyweight Muay Thai champ Rodtang
- Lifestyle Expert Article: Nutritional Care And Challenges In Feeding A Patient With Alzheimer’s
- Travel Pitru Paksha 2021: Important Places For Pind Daan In India
The Royal Enfield Scram nameplate has been registered by the brand in India. Based on the name, it could be a new scrambler motorcycle that is being considered for launch in the Indian market. The new motorcycle is likely to be launched under the 650cc segment.
Apart from the name, no other details of the Royal Enfield Scram have been revealed. However, the existing naked motorcycle from the 650cc segment, the Interceptor 650 has been modified to a scrambler by many bike modifications around the world.
Because of the increasing popularity of off-road and scrambler motorcycles, Royal Enfield might look to offer a performance scrambler in the market. The Scram, if launched in the 650cc segment, might use the same engine and platform from the existing 650 motorcycles, the Interceptor 650 and the Continental GT 650.
Speaking on Scram's design, scrambler motorcycles generally have a bare-bones design with a rugged appeal. We expect the Scram to carry a similar design approach to be regarded as the scrambler.
This includes a long-shaped fuel tank, a single-piece seat with possible ribbed stitching, an up-swept dual exhaust stacked on the same side, raised handlebar, LED lighting all around the motorcycle with DRLs and raised front and rear fenders. It is also expected to have a single-pod instrument cluster along with the brand's Tipper Navigation pod placed on the side.
The 649cc air and oil-cooled, parallel-twin-cylinder engine on the 650 twins produces 47bhp and a peak torque of 52Nm. The engine comes mated to a six-speed gearbox, with slipper-clutch assisted. We expect the power and torque figures to remain similar on the new motorcycle. It also features liquid cooling on the twin-cylinder engine to extract maximum performance.
The upcoming scrambler could also feature a (USD) UpSide-Down front fork. The USD will aid for better handling characteristics of the cruiser. The rear suspension on the scrambler is expected to be a twin shock unit. It will continue to use the same double cradle frame as well.
Braking on the motorcycle is expected to be done via a 320mm disc at the front and a 240mm disc at the rear; supported by a dual-channel ABS offered as standard. Both motorcycles feature 18-inch spoked wheels, which is also expected to be carried over to the Scram as well.
Thoughts About The Royal Enfield Scram Name Registered In India
The moniker Scram gives away the type of motorcycle that could be under development from Royal Enfiled. Many bike modification houses around the world have used the interceptor 650 as the base model to turn it into a scrambler motorcycle. Seeing this, the company might offer a scrambler right from the factory in the future.