- 23 hrs ago Skoda Slavia Vs Skoda Kushaq: Which One Is The Right 5-Seater Car For You?
- 1 day ago Tesla Manufacturing Facility In Telangana? State Minister Invites Elon Musk Through This Tweet
- 1 day ago Toyota Hilux Vs Isuzu V-Cross: Engine, Features & More
- 1 day ago Ather Energy To Receive Additional Investment Of Rs 420 Crore From Hero MotoCorp
- News PM Modi to deliver special address at WEF’s Davos Agenda today
- Technology Amazon Great Republic Day Sale 2022: Discounts On Premium Smartphones Revealed
- Movies Bangarraju Day 3 Box Office Collection: Naga Chaitanya-Nagarjuna’s Film Is Unstoppable!
- Finance 5 Stocks That Jumped 46% To 65% In 7-Days, Should You Buy?
- Sports Rohit Sharma shocked over Virat Kohli's decision, congratulates him on a successful stint as India captain
- Lifestyle Delta Still Dominant Strain Of COVID-19, Says Maharashtra Health Official Amid Omicron Scare
- Education BSEB Inter Admit Card 2022 Released, Check Steps And Links To Download BSEB Bihar Intermediate Admit Card Here
- Travel Amazing Places To Visit In West Bengal In Winter Of 2022
Royal Enfield sold a total of 5,73,438 units during the financial year 2020-2021. Even though it is a highly respectable sales number, we cannot overlook the fact the FY21 also saw a decline in overall sales numbers and accounted for just 87 percent of sales compared to last financial year (2019-2020). This is a deficit of 83,213 units which is about 13 percent.
Royal Enfield's overall sales decline can be attributed to the sales decline of two models — the Royal Enfield Classic 350 and Royal Enfield Bullet 350. These two models are responsible for 80 percent of the overall sales at Royal Enfield and a dip in the sales of the two models played out on the bigger picture of Royal Enfield.
At 3,61,140 units sold, the Classic 350 saw a 9 percent dip in sales while there was a decline of almost 25 percent in sales of the Bullet 350. The overall sales figures were further pulled down by an almost 50 percent decline in the sales of the Royal Enfield 650 Twins, registering just 10,256 units as sold in the financial year 2021.
Even though the Royal Enfield Himalayan was never an outstanding sales model, it too registered an 11.37 percent decline in sales at 13,562 units. However, not all models' sales numbers plummeted down.
The Royal Enfield Bullet Electra Twin Spark is an example of this. The Royal Enfield Bullet Electra Twin Spark registered an 11 percent growth in sales by selling 50,579 units in the financial year 2020-21 compared to selling just 45,545 units in the financial year 2019-20.
The overall sales numbers were further held together by the newly introduced Meteor 350, which registered 39,893 units as sold and accounted for almost 7 percent of the overall sales. Adding to the decline in sales is the number of lockdowns the country wenth through as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Thoughts On Royal Enfield's Overall Sales In FY 2020-21
Royal Enfield witnessed an overall sales decline of almost 13 percent during the past financial year, and by dissecting the numbers it is clear that a majority of Royal Enfield's sales are dependent on just one model, the Royal Enfield Classic 350.
With the launch of the new Royal Enfield Meteor 350, the wait for an updated Classic 350 may have deterred many loyal Royal Enfield enthusiasts from buying the outgoing model. The new Royal Enfield Classic 350 is expected to be launched soon.