- 1 day ago Car Sales Report For July 2021: Toyota Registers Over 13,000 Units In Domestic Sales
- 1 day ago Royal Enfield Himalayan 411 On-Road Biased Model Design Leaked: Could It Be The Scram?
- 1 day ago Mahindra XUV700 Design Leaked Ahead Of India Launch: Features Large Taillamps & Other Details
- 1 day ago Yulu Dex Launched For Last-Mile Delivery: 10,000 Units To Be Deployed In Bangalore, Pune & Delhi
- Movies Bigg Boss Kannada 8: Shubha Poonja And Shamanth Gowda Get Evicted In Double Elimination Week
- News WATCH: Afghanistan forces destroy Taliban hideouts in Kandahar airstrike
- Sports Tokyo 2020: Greatest moment for Indian Hockey since the 1980 Gold medal: Rasquinha
- Technology Redmi 9C Gets A New Variant With Higher 4GB RAM, 128GB Storage; Is It Launching In India?
- Finance Stocks To Buy: 3 Banking Stocks With An Upside Target Of Up to 30%
- Lifestyle On Taapsee Pannu’s Birthday, Her Behind-The-Scenes Candid Fashion Moments From The Sets Of Her Movies
- Education UP Board Result 2021: UP Board Class 10th 12th Result 2021 Declared, Check UPMSP 10th 12th Result 2021 Here
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Tripura In August
The 2021 Red Bull Ace of Dirt off-road two-wheeler race concluded recently. The two-day event held on 18th & 19th March. Mahesh V. M. from Kerala takes the top step at the race held in Big Rock Dirtpark.
The second edition of the Red Bull Ace of Dirt saw 30 participants arriving from various parts of the country such as Dehradun, Ernakulam, Mysore, Guwahati, Manali, Assam, Himachal, Jaipur, Chikmagalur and Bangalore.
Speaking about the course, the track was littered with various obstacles on off-road terrain. This includes the weighbridge, the blipper's log, the barrel maze, the rock garden, the mud pie, the hume rolls, the log turn, the hammer and an endless amount of air-time on small and big jumps. The entire race event was split into two days.
On March 18th participants had a practice session in the morning to get familiar with the course. Later on the first day of the event, participants then had a session with a physio expert, who trained on maintaining their fitness required for the competition. Day 1 ended with participants presenting their motorcycle and gear to the scrutineers of the race.
The second day of the race event (March 19th), started with participants competing in a qualifier. All participants did 1 sighting lap followed by 2 timed laps. Two racers from a pack of four moved to the next round.
Qualified participants moved to Heats. Again 4 riders who qualified, raced against each other in each Heat. There were a total of 8 Heat sessions, which required all participants to complete 3 laps of the course. The winner and the runner-up from each race moved to the quarter-finals.
The quarter-finals had the same rules as the Heat sessions with the same number of laps. With 16 riders and 4 sets, the quarter-finals ended with 8 riders going to the semi-finals. In the semi-finals stage of the race, participants were required to complete 4 laps of the course.
The final race was held between V. M. Mahesh (Winner) followed by A. Sathyaraj (1st runner-up), D. Sachin (2nd runner-up), and B. Gideon (3rd runner-up). Mahesh's total lap time was 20 Minutes & 29 seconds leaving Sathyaraj A. 39 seconds, Sachin D. 3 minutes & 50 Seconds and Gideon 5 minutes & 52 seconds behind.
As the winner of the 2021 Red Bull Ace of Dirt event, Mahesh has won a once in a lifetime opportunity to train with ace motorcyclist and Red Bull athlete, CS Santosh. Additionally, the winner was also awarded a brand-new Hero Xpulse 200.
Mahesh is a four-time national Supercross champion who made history back in 2017 by becoming the first rider to win 3 championships in a single event. Commenting on winning Red Bull Ace of Dirt, Mahesh V. M. said, "It was my first-time experience riding for an event like this. It was a great experience one where I could learn many things.
A huge kudos to Red Bull India and Big Rock Dirt Park for hosting such a wonderful event. There were plenty of talented riders who did put up the competition. Overall, I am happy that I could win the event."
Commenting on the event, Red Bull athlete CS Santosh said, "I am delighted that Red Bull is hosting tournaments like Red Bull Ace of Dirt which give wings to aspiring motocross racers across the country and thereby increasing interest of the sport amongst youngsters. It was a wonderful day. I look forward to training Mahesh V. M., he surely showed some splendid skills."
2021 Red Bull Ace Of Dirt Winners
1st Place - V. M. Mahesh (00:20:29) [Hero Xpulse 200]
2nd Place - A. Sathyaraj (00:21:08) [Hero Xpulse 200]
3rd Place - D. Sachin (00:24:19) [TVS Apache RTR 200]
Thoughts About The 2021 Red Bull Ace Of Dirt
The second edition of the Red Bull Ace of Dirt concluded successfully in the year 2021. The participants had to tackle the entire gruelling course under the hot sun of the Kolar region.
It is safe to say that every rider stood the test of time. However, the race filled spectators with adrenaline rush and goosebumps and a whole heap of action picture.