- 48 min ago Skoda Kushaq Will Receive A New Fuel Pump; Plans For A Recall & Replacements To Be Made Free Of Cost
- 4 hrs ago Ola Electric Scooter Portal To Open On November 1. Pre-Bookings Open
- 7 hrs ago Skoda Rapid Rider Plus Variant Discontinued In India: Base Automatic Variant Price Increases
- 20 hrs ago Mahindra XUV300 To Get A 130 Bhp Petrol Engine; The Most Powerful In Its Segment
- Sports Mohammad Hussamuddin sails into the quarterfinals on Day 4 of 5th Elite Men's National Boxing Championships
- Movies Khatron Ke Khiladi 11: Did Rohit Shetty Accidentally Hint Towards The Winner's Name?
- News Punjab Crisis: Congress high command to decide on Amarinder's successor; MLAs pass resolution
- Finance Indian Gold Rates Today Quoted At Rs. 45,390, Showing Downward Trend, Should You Buy?
- Education Schools In Rajasthan To Reopen For Classes 6 To 8 From September 20
- Technology Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 4G Might Discontinued In India Soon
- Travel 8 Appealing Winter Holiday Destinations In India
- Lifestyle Is Hypertension Linked To Erectile Dysfunction?
Bajaj Auto Limited has announced Rahul Bajaj has stepped down as the Non-executive Chairman of the company. He will end his duties from the roles on April 30, 2021. The company has appointed Niraj Bajaj as the new Chairman of Bajaj Auto Ltd.
The company has also announced that Rahul Bajaj has been appointed as the Chairman Emeritus of Bajaj Auto. He will be serving in that position for a period of 5 years starting from May 1, 2021.
According to the statement released by the company, Rahul Bajaj has decided to resign due to his age. He has been part of the company and driving force for five decades since the year 1972.
In its official statement, Bajaj Auto said, "Rahul Bajaj has made a huge contribution to the success of the Company and the Group over the last five decades. Considering his tremendous experience and in the interest of the Company and to continue to benefit from his experience, knowledge and wisdom from time to time in an advisory role and as a mentor. "
It further stated, "The Board of Directors at its meeting held today and as recommended by the Nomination and Remuneration Committee has approved the appointment of Shri Rahul Bajaj as Chairman Emeritus of the Company for a term of five years with effect from 1 May 2021. This will be taken up at the ensuing annual general meeting for the approval of the shareholders."
Niraj Bajaj will be taking over all duties from Rahul Bajaj starting next month. He joined the board of Bajaj Auto Limited in 2006. He is also on the Board of Directors of Bajaj Auto Ltd, Bajaj Allianz Life and General Insurance Co Ltd, and is Chairman of Bachhraj & Company, Jamnalal Sons and various other Bajaj Group Companies.
Thoughts About The Rahul Bajaj Resigning As Chairman Of Bajaj Auto
Rahul Bajaj has served in the company for 49 years. Over the years, he has been responsible for the company to reach new heights and have been the driving force for the brand. However, due to his current age, he is forced to step down and become the advisory member for the brand.