- 10 hrs ago Tata Tiago CNG Vs Maruti Suzuki Celerio CNG: Design, Powertrain & More
- 12 hrs ago Toyota Hilux TVC Out Ahead Of Launch: Bookings Now Open
- 14 hrs ago Skoda Slavia Production Started: Deliveries To Commence From March 2022
- 18 hrs ago Five Things To Know About The Tata Tiago CNG: Design, Powertrain & More
- Technology Top 12 GB RAM Smartphones Deals Available During Flipkart Big Saving Days Sale
- News Goa elections: Manohar Parikkar's son quits BJP after failing to get ticket
- Movies Bigg Boss 15 January 21 Highlights: Rashami Desai And Devoleena Bhattacharjee Get Into A Nasty Fight
- Finance Buy Aster DM Healthcare For 16% Potential Gains In 3 Months: HDFC Securities
- Sports PKL 2021-22: U.P. Yoddha beat Bengal Warriors, jump to fourth on points table
- Lifestyle COVID: Omicron Sub-Lineage BA.2 Considered 'Variant Under Investigation' In The UK
- Education RSMSSB Admit Card 2022 Released For Fireman, AFO Exam At rsmssb.rajasthan.gov.in, Download Here
- Travel Amazing Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In Winter Of 2022
Technical specifications of the Piaggio One electric scooter have been revealed ahead of its launch. The Piaggio One electric scooter will be available in three variants. All three variants of the scooter look the same on the outside, with the difference being in their performance. This comes only a few days after the Piaggio One was revealed on TikTok.
Electric vehicles are the future and there is no doubting this. Hundreds of startups across the world have developed or are developing electric vehicles. Existing automotive manufacturers are also slowly switching to electric vehicles and this includes Piaggio.
It is a known fact that Piaggio has been trying to develop electric vehicles for a long time now through its subsidiaries. Recently, the Italian brand unveiled the Piaggio One electric scooter. At the time of the initial reveal on TikTok, no details were revealed. Now though, technical details of the electric scooter have been revealed.
Three variants of the Piaggio One will be made available - One, One+, and One Active. The One is actually the base variant of the scooter. It comes with a 48V 1.8kWh battery pack with a 1.2kW motor. The Piaggio One will have a top speed of around 55km/h.
The Piaggio One+ uses the same 1.2kW motor but is powered by a bigger 2.3kWh battery pack. This results in greater range and top speed as well. The top-spec Piaggio One Active model is powered by the same 2.3kWh battery pack as the One+, but is driven by a more powerful 2kW motor.
The Piaggio One, One+ and One Active will all get features like LED lighting all around, USB charging, fully digital instrument cluster, etc. The scooter will come with swappable batteries and will have two ride modes.
Suspension duties are handled by a trailing-link up front and twin-shocks at the rear. Braking duties are handled by disc brakes at both ends. All three variants of the Piaggio One are expected to go on sale in the European market soon.
At this moment, it is too early to say if it would make it to the Indian market. However, Piaggio has stated that future electric scooters will be based on the One. So we in India could probably expect an Aprilia electric scooter or Vespa electric scooter based on the Piaggio One. This is just speculation at the moment.
Thoughts On Piaggio One, One+ & One Active Technical Details Being Revealed
The Piaggio One is a simple electric scooter that looks decent and it seems perfect for an intra-city runabout. We do expect more scooters based on this platform to be launched soon. A higher performance model from Aprilia could be developed and it is this that excites us.