- 26 min ago Hyundai Ioniq 5 Electric Vehicle Displayed In India; India Launch Likely If Import Duty Is Reduced
- 57 min ago Toyota Hybrid Battery Warranty Extended: Toyota Camry & Vellfire Get 8 Years Battery Warranty
- 4 hrs ago 2021 Skoda Kodiaq Spied Undisguised Ahead Of India Launch: Pics & Details
- 5 hrs ago Bajaj-Triumph Motorcycle Prototype Ready; Launch Delayed Due To COVID-19
- Movies Vivek Oberoi Confesses He Was Envious Of Saif Ali Khan During The Shoot Of Omkara Because Of THIS Reason!
- News The Political Game Of Thrones
- Finance SBI Shared Key To Secure Account From Unknown Messages For Account Holders: Details Inside
- Technology Apple iPad Mini 6, iPad Air 9th Gen Features Leaked; Expected Specs, Launch Details
- Education Kerala Plus Two Result 2021: Check VHSE And DHSE Plus Two Result 2021 Links
- Sports Tokyo 2020: Badminton; Sai Praneeth's campaign ends
- Lifestyle Brown Jacket Dress Or Lime Green Bodycon Dress, Which Dress Of Kriti Sanon Did You Like More?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In August
Ola Electric is gearing up to launch its first electric scooter in India in the coming months. Ahead of its launch, the company's CEO showcases the scooter's many features including the large under-seat storage in a new video.
Range & Charging
The company claims that the upcoming electric scooter features a riding range of up to 150 kilometres on a single battery charge. The company also said that a 0 to 100 per cent charge for the electric scooter would take around 60 minutes.
However, 18 minutes of charging will juice the battery to 50 per cent and provides a range of around 75 kilometres, claims Ola.
The video also showcases various features of the electric scooter. This includes the dual-LED headlamps surrounded by the LED DRLs.
- Horizontally-mounted LED tail lamps
- Contoured seats
- Clean looking front apron
The electric scooter will feature the largest under-seat storage in its class and can store 2 full-size helmets, which is also showcased in the video. The overall design of the scooter is simple with contoured panels for an aerodynamic design.
Expected Features & Technology
Regarding the technology, the upcoming electric scooter is expected to feature connected smart mobility. The integration could use a large TFT touchscreen display for the instrument console, which is likely to support eSIM internet connectivity.
This will enable the scooter to be paired with a smartphone application offered by the company. With the mobile application, users can monitor the scooter's behaviour, find the nearest charging stations and a lot more.
Expected Pricing & Rivals
Once launched, the Ola electric scooter will be a premium offering in the country. The Ola electric scooter will rival the Ather 450X, the Bajaj Chetak Electric, the TVS iQube and the upcoming Simple Energy scooter in India.
If the Ola electric scooter features a maximum riding range of 150 kilometres, it could be the top-electric-range premium scooter in India replacing the Ather 450X. The Ather's electric scooter features a maximum real-time riding range of over 85 kilometres from a single battery charge.
Although the company is yet to announce the pricing for the upcoming Ola electric scooter, it could very well be in the range of around 1 lakh. This will pit the scooter against its other segment rivals in the country. The company could also decide to offer the electric scooter in multiple variants at the time of launch.
Charging Stations & Manufacturing
Ola has also announced the Hypercharger Network. In the first year, the company aims to set up over 100,000 charging points across 400 cities. The project will start with 5,000 charge points across 100 cities.
Regarding the manufacturing of electric scooters, it is done in Tamil Nadu. According to the company, it is producing one electric scooter every 2 seconds.
The new Ola factory will produce scooters for the domestic and international markets. Ola aims to export electric scooters from India to other markets in Europe, Asia, Latin America and more.
Thoughts About The Ola Electric Scooter Video Released Ahead Of Launch
Ola's electric scooter is one of the most anticipated launches in the EV segment in India. The scooter is expected to be priced competitively against its rivals while offering a better range, and practicality. The Ola electric scooter is expected to be launched in India in the coming months.