- 17 min ago Yamaha Aerox 155 Launched In India; Powered By R15 Sourced 155cc Engine With VVA
- 3 hrs ago New Yamaha R15 V4.0 Launched In India; R15M And Aerox 155 Launched Along
- 8 hrs ago Audi E-Tron GT Launch Tomorrow; Audi Claims 383 Km Range
- 1 day ago Royal Enfield Introduces ‘Make It Yours’ Riding Jackets; Available Soon At Dealership Level
- News US military power must be our tool of last resort, not our first: Biden at UN
- Sports With good balance of youth and experience, head coach Bozidar is confident of CFC’s chances in ISL 2021-22
- Movies Kamya Panjabi Regrets Not Meeting Sidharth Shukla Post Bigg Boss 13, Says ‘We Used To Laugh So Much’
- Education SBI Clerk Prelims Result 2021 Declared, Check Direct Link
- Technology Realme GT Neo2 Price Revealed Ahead Of Launch; New Dimensity 1200AI SoC Variant Also Tipped
- Lifestyle Emma Corrin’s Emmy’s 2021 Costume Is Surprising And There Could Be Salem Witch Trials Angle To It
- Finance How To Choose ELSS Fund To Save Tax And Create Wealth?
- Travel 8 Beautiful Long Drive Routes In India
OLA Electric has launched the S1 and S1 Pro electric scooters in India. These electric scooters can be reserved for 499 and will be available for completing the purchase from September 8, 2021. However, test rides of electric scooters will begin in October 2021.
According to the company, interested customers can test ride the scooter in October. The test rides can be booked via the Ola Electric mobile application with the scooter delivered to your door step.
The company will also be setting up experience centers in cities for potential customers to test ride ahead of their scooter purchases. The experience centers are also expected to be set up by October 2021.
For test riding either of the OLA electric scooters, you will require a valid driver's license. The test ride does not require the customer to reserve or book the scooter and is completely free of charge.
The company is offering two electric scooters S1 and S1 Pro, which are priced at Rs 99,999 and Rs 1.29 lakh, respectively. Prices are ex-showroom before state subsidies. The S1 will be available in 5 matte colours while the S1 Pro is offered in 10 paint schemes which includes 4 gloss finishes.
Regarding the performance, range and charging times of the scooter, the S1 is powered by a 5.5kW electric motor paired with a 2.98kWh Li-ion battery pack. This features a maximum riding range of 121km (ARAI tested), with 0 to 40kmph achieved in 3.6 seconds and continue to accelerate to a top speed of 90kmph.
On the other hand, the S1 Pro is also powered by a 5.5kW electric motor paired with a larger 3.97kWh Li-ion battery pack. This features a maximum riding range of 181km (ARAI tested), with 0 to 40kmph achieved in 3 seconds and continue to accelerate to a top speed of 115kmph.
They are identical in design as well with clean and simple looking front apron, dual-pod LED headlamp with integrated LED DRLs. The rest of the scooter also features smooth and contoured design for an aerodynamic body shape.
- Horizontally-mounted LED tail lamps
- LED turn indicators
- Rear foot-rest integrated into the bodywork
- Contoured seats
- Alloy wheels
- 36-litre under-seat storage
- Rear grab rails
- Front storage pockets
- Luggage hook
- Rubber-lined front footwell
- 7-inch TFT instrument cluster
- Shatterproof display
- Proximity keyless entry
- Remote boot
- 4G, Wifi, Bluetooth
- Reverse mode
- HMI moods with sounds
Both scooters feature a ton of equipment with only a few missed out on the lower spec S1 scooter. Here is a detailed comparison of the specs between S1 and S1 Pro.
Here are some of the highlighting features of the electric scooter.
Additonally, the S1 Pro scooter features the Hill hold, Cruise control and Voice assistant over the S1 scooter features mentioned above.
This instrument cluster is powered by an octa-core processor with 3GB RAM and feature the brand's MoveOS for seamless experience and packs in WiFi, Bluetooth and 4G connectivity for smart features.
Both scooters also get keyless proximity entry, which is enabled via 4 user profiles that the company offers. Each profile can have its own settings, which the scooter adjusts once it is started. The proximity lock or unlock is enabled via the brand smartphone application.
Thoughts About The OLA Electric Scooter S1 & S1 Pro Test Ride
According to OLA Electric, the test ride of the scooters will be given at the doorstep of the potential customer, which seems like a very huge task considering the interest the scooters are getting across the country. However, there will be experience centers in cities, where one could walk-in and take the test drive of the scooter.