- 15 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Exports Two Million Vehicles From India: Read More To Find Out
- 1 day ago IMOTY 2021: All-New Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Wins The 2021 Indian Bike Of The Year Award
- 1 day ago ICOTY 2021: Third-Generation Hyundai i20 Wins The 2021 Indian Car Of The Year Award
- 1 day ago Bangalore’s First La Maison Citroen Showroom Launched: Here Are All The Details
- Sports Former India speedster Salil Ankola tests positive for COVID-19
- News Sad I cant talk in Tamil: After PM Modi, Amit Shah plays language card in TN, Puducherry
- Technology iQOONeo 5 Official Teaser Poster Reveals March 16 Launch Date; Expected Price, Specs
- Movies Rana Daggubati Reveals Another Poster Of Haathi Mere Saathi; The Trailer To Release On March 4
- Education AISSEE Result 2021: NTA To Release Sainik School Entrance Exam Result 2021 Anytime Soon
- Lifestyle Madhuri Dixit’s Glamorous Pictures In Shimmering Eye Shadow And Dark Pink Lipstick Leaves Us Speechless
- Finance Best Fixed Deposits For Senior Citizens With Good Returns Up To 7.75%
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In March
Ola Electric is all set to enter the Indian electric two-wheeler market. The company announced the acquisition of Netherland-based Etergo BV in mid-2020 and will soon be introducing their first electric scooter in India.
Ahead of its launch, the new electric scooter from Ola has been spied testing in the country for the first time. The spy pics revealed by Autocar India showcases the Ola electric scooter undergoing testing under complete camouflage. However, based on the silhouette, the scooter seems to be similar to the Etergo AppScooter.
The spy pics even showcase the test mule featuring the same headlamp set up and even the unique single-side telescopic forks at the front. The international-specs Etergo AppScooter comes with a host of features, along with a strong performing electric powertrain, with a claimed maximum range of 240km on a single charge.
However, Ola Electric could make a few changes and updates to the Etergo electric scooter, making it more suitable for Indian riding conditions. The company could also use slightly different parts as well, which could help the brand price the electric scooter at a more affordable price tag compared to its competitors.
Talking about rivals, the Ola electric scooter once introduced in the Indian market is said to take on the likes of the Bajaj Chetak electric, TVS iQube and the Ather 450X. It will take on a few conventional petrol-powered scooters in the same price range as well.
While Ola Electric is yet to unveil the details of the upcoming India-spec electric scooter, the Etergo AppScooter is said to be powered by three removable lithium-ion battery modules, each with 1.15kWh capacity. Each of the uniquely designed modules is said to offer 80km of range on a single charge. The electric scooter is also claimed to sprint from 0 - 45km/h in 3.9 seconds.
The Etergo AppScooter is also said to offer a host of other features including a 7-inch TFT display with smartphone connectivity, 50-litres of under-seat storage space, LED headlamps and many more.
Recently, Ola Electric signed an MoU with the Tamil Nadu government to set up its manufacturing facility with an investment of R 2,400 crore. Once operational, the facility is said to become the world's largest scooter manufacturing factory with an annual production capacity of 2 million units. The new facility will also bring in job opportunities for 10,000 people in India.
Thoughts On The Ola Electric Scooter Spied Testing
Ola Electric seems to be going all out with its first electric scooter for the Indian market. The company is looking at both domestic and export markets for its e-scooter while making India the global hub for EVs.