- 14 hrs ago Chevrolet Monsoon Camp Second-Phase To Begin Next Week In India: Here Are All The Details
- 15 hrs ago Tata Nexon EV Now On Sale In Nepal — Prices Start At NPR 35.99 Lakh
- 16 hrs ago Bajaj Chetak Bookings Reopen: High Demand For The Electric Scooter Continues In These Cities
- 16 hrs ago Ducati Opens New Showroom In Pune: Multistrada V4 Showcased For The First Time In India
- News India reports 44,230 new Covid-19 cases, active cases stay over 4-lakh mark
- Sports Tokyo 2020: Dutee Chand disappoints; fails to qualify
- Technology Realme 8s Renders Leak Revealing Possible Design
- Movies Radhe Shyam Release Date Is Here! Prabhas-Pooja Hegde’s Romantic Drama To Hit Cinemas On January 14
- Education SEBA Result 2021: Check Assam HSLC Result 2021 Link And Download Marksheet
- Finance 2 Stocks To Buy With Upside Potential of 17%, Says ICICI Direct
- Lifestyle Fatima Sana Shaikh Slays It In Her Two Stunning Outfits; Which Look Did You Like More
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In August
Ola Electric has released the first set of official images of its upcoming electric scooter in the Indian market. The new Ola electric scooter is said to go on sale in India sometime in June this year and will be positioned as a premium offering in the segment.
The new Ola electric scooter is said to be based on the Etergo AppScooter, a product of Etergo BV - an Amsterdam-based electric two-wheeler brand. Ola acquired the company in May last year and will be introducing their version of the e-scooter in the market soon.
While Ola electric is yet to announce any details of their upcoming e-scooter, we can expect it to be similar to the Etergo AppScooter; apart from a few changes. The official images released by Ola, showcase a design similar to the Dutch model.
This includes the single side suspension setup at the front, funky looking LED headlamps, LED taillights and a clean side profile with a minimalistic design. The Etergo AppScooter also comes with features such as 50-litre under-seat storage and a 7-inch instrument cluster with smartphone connectivity.
Having said that, the Ola electric scooter for India will come with a few changes and updates, which will make it more suitable for Indian riding conditions. The company could also replace some parts on the e-scooter as well, which will allow the brand to price it more competitively in the segment.
Ola is also yet to reveal the battery and electric motor specifications of its upcoming electric scooter. However, we expect it to be the same as that on the Etergo model. The AppScooter uses three lithium-ion batteries, each with a 1.15kWh capacity.
The battery packs on the scooter claim to offer a combined range of 240km on a single charge. The electric powertrain also claims to accelerate from 0 - 45km/h in 3.9 seconds. The Ola electric scooter will also come with fast-charging capabilities, while also being offered with a home charger as standard.
Furthermore, the electric scooter will be manufactured at the brand's upcoming facility in Tamil Nadu. The new Ola Electric factory once operational is said to become the world's largest two-wheeler manufacturing facility. The new plant will have a maximum production capacity of 10 million units by 2022.
However, in the first phase, Ola Electric is looking at a production capacity of 2 million units and the creation of over 10,000 job opportunities. The company had signed an MoU with the Tamil Nadu government last year, with an investment of Rs 2,400 crore, towards the new facility in Krishnagiri, TN.
Thoughts On The Ola Electric Scooter & Its Production Facility In India
Ola is going big with its electric two-wheeler plans in the Indian market. The company is also looking at export sales for its new electric scooter. In India, the Ola electric scooter once launched will rival the likes of the Ather 450X, Bajaj Chetak electric and the TVS iQube.