- 10 min ago Yamaha Aerox 155 Launched In India; Powered By R15 Sourced 155cc Engine With VVA
- 3 hrs ago New Yamaha R15 V4.0 Launched In India; R15M And Aerox 155 Launched Along
- 8 hrs ago Audi E-Tron GT Launch Tomorrow; Audi Claims 383 Km Range
- 1 day ago Royal Enfield Introduces ‘Make It Yours’ Riding Jackets; Available Soon At Dealership Level
- News US military power must be our tool of last resort, not our first: Biden at UN
- Sports With good balance of youth and experience, head coach Bozidar is confident of CFC’s chances in ISL 2021-22
- Movies Kamya Panjabi Regrets Not Meeting Sidharth Shukla Post Bigg Boss 13, Says ‘We Used To Laugh So Much’
- Education SBI Clerk Prelims Result 2021 Declared, Check Direct Link
- Technology Realme GT Neo2 Price Revealed Ahead Of Launch; New Dimensity 1200AI SoC Variant Also Tipped
- Lifestyle Emma Corrin’s Emmy’s 2021 Costume Is Surprising And There Could Be Salem Witch Trials Angle To It
- Finance How To Choose ELSS Fund To Save Tax And Create Wealth?
- Travel 8 Beautiful Long Drive Routes In India
Ola announces that the electric scooter will make its debut on August 15 at 2:00 PM. It will be a digital event hosted on the brand's website. The company will reveal the complete specs of the electric scooter. However, it is unclear if the prices will be announced on the same day. Here is what we know so far:
Electric Scooter Reservations
Reservations for the electric scooter were opened on July 15 for a token amount of Rs 499. According to Ola Electric, it received a record-breaking 1 lakh reservations in the first 24 hours. Interested buyers can still reserve their scooter on the website by paying a refundable deposit of Rs 499. This way customers will be getting a priority doorstep delivery of the electric scooter.
Electric Scooter Sales
Ola Electric might look to sell the electric scooter without having a physical dealership model. Instead, customers would get home delivery of electric scooters right from the factory. However, the company is yet to confirm the sales model of the electric scooter, which will be revealed on August 15, 2021.
Electric Scooter Name, Variants & Expected Price
Based on the recently leaked trademark documents from Ola Electric, the scooter is expected to be named, the Series S. Also, the scooter could be made available in two variants called the S1 and S1 Pro.
The company will most likely announce the price of the electric scooter next month. However, customers who have reserved the electric scooter might get an option to complete the bookings ahead of the launch. The Ola electric scooter range might retail between Rs 90,000 and Rs 1.3 lakh, ex-showroom.
Electric Scooter Range, Charging & Technology
The Ola electric scooter details are yet to be completely revealed. However, based on earlier quotes from the company, the scooter is expected to feature a maximum riding range of around 150 kilometres.
The company also claims that a 0 to 100 per cent charge for the electric scooter would take around 60 minutes. However, 18 minutes of charging will juice the battery to 50 per cent and this will provide a range of around 75km.
Ola has also announced the Hypercharger Network. In the first year, the company aims to set up over 100,000 charging points across 400 cities. The project will start with 5,000 charge points across 100 cities.
Regarding the technology, the upcoming electric scooter is expected to feature connected smart mobility. The integration could use a large TFT touchscreen display for the instrument console, and is likely to support eSIM internet connectivity.
This will enable the scooter to be paired with a smartphone application offered by the company. With the mobile application, users can monitor the scooter's behavior, find the nearest charging stations and a lot more.
Electric Scooter Design, Features & Colours
Ola has given the electric scooter a simple-looking front apron with the OLA badge in the middle. The only other distinctive feature on the front of the scooter is the headlamps cluster that features twin-pod LED setup surrounded by LED DRLs.
- Horizontally-mounted LED tail lamps
- Rear foot-rest integrated into the bodywork
- Contoured seats
- Alloy wheels
- 50-litre under-seat storage
- Rear grab rails
- Front storage pockets
- Luggage hook
- Rubber-lined front footwell
The company is offering the Ola electric scooter in 10 colour options to choose from, making it the widest range of colours available on a two-wheeler. The exact names of the colours will be announced at the imminent launch.
Regarding the manufacturing of electric scooters, it is done in Tamil Nadu. According to the company, it is producing one electric scooter every 2 seconds. The new Ola factory will produce scooters for the domestic and international markets.
Ola aims to export electric scooters from India to other markets in Europe, Asia, Latin America and more.
Thoughts About Ola Electric Scooter Launch Debut Date & Time Revealed
August 15 will be a Sunday in India with two of the most anticipated electric scooter launches happening in the country. Ola Electric will be finally revealing its scooter and its specs on Indian Independence Day. Stay tuned to DriveSpark as we bring you all the updates right from the Ola electric scooter launch event.