- 1 day ago Car Sales Report For July 2021: Toyota Registers Over 13,000 Units In Domestic Sales
- 1 day ago Royal Enfield Himalayan 411 On-Road Biased Model Design Leaked: Could It Be The Scram?
- 1 day ago Mahindra XUV700 Design Leaked Ahead Of India Launch: Features Large Taillamps & Other Details
- 1 day ago Yulu Dex Launched For Last-Mile Delivery: 10,000 Units To Be Deployed In Bangalore, Pune & Delhi
- Movies Birthday Glimpse To Introduce Mrunal Thakur As 'Lieutenant' RAM’s Sita In Dulquer Salmaan’s Film
- Technology List Of Smartphones Expected To Launch In August 2021
- Sports BCCI to have new CEO, Hemang Amin can apply too
- News What is e-RUPI, a one-stop digital solution? How does it work?
- Finance Stocks To Buy: 3 Banking Stocks With An Upside Target Of Up to 30%
- Lifestyle On Taapsee Pannu’s Birthday, Her Behind-The-Scenes Candid Fashion Moments From The Sets Of Her Movies
- Education UP Board Result 2021: UP Board Class 10th 12th Result 2021 Declared, Check UPMSP 10th 12th Result 2021 Here
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Tripura In August
Ola Electric has announced that it will be appointing Wayne Burgess, as Head of Vehicle Design for its entire product range including scooters, bikes, cars and more. Wayne has worked on some of the most legendary and iconic cars in automotive history including the Bentley Arnage in 1998, Aston Martin's DB9 in the mid-2000s and more recently, the Jaguar XF, F-Type, F-Pace SUV, XE and many more.
Commenting on the appointment, Bhavish Aggarwal, Chairman and Group CEO, Ola, said, "Wayne is a fantastic addition to our leadership team and will bring global appeal and design aesthetic to our industry-changing electric vehicles. As the world moves to EVs, the vehicle form factors will be fundamentally reimagined. Wayne's expertise in designing some of the most legendary vehicles will also be helpful in bringing these new form factors to consumers. I look forward to collaborating with him to build the most iconic range of EVs in the world."
Wayne has spent almost three decades designing vehicles for the majority of British premium automotive manufacturers, from Rolls Royce and Bentley in his early career to Aston Martin and Jaguar Landrover to, more recently, Lotus. Not only that, he was the Chief Designer for the Jaguar F-Type sports car, and then Studio Director for the Jaguar F-Pace SUV.
Expressing his keen interest to take charge of vehicle design at Ola Electric, Wayne Burgess commented, "I am looking forward to my work at Ola Electric and to the opportunity to lead a team that will work on designing cutting-edge electric vehicles for the world. I am thrilled to be part of Ola as it accelerates on its path to becoming a leader in global EV solutions."
Ola is gearing up to launch the first in its range of electric scooters in the coming months. Packed with advanced innovations, the much-anticipated Ola Scooter is a tech-driven electric vehicle with industry-leading range and speed. It will offer customers best-in-class performance and experience. The Ola Scooter will roll out from the Ola Future Factory which is being built at record speed in Tamil Nadu, India.
Ola Electric is also building the world's largest scooter factory in India. The construction of the upcoming facility is in full swing and the under-construction site is in Krishnagiri District, Tamil Nadu. The Ola future factory is being built with an investment of about Rs 2400 crore. After the construction is completed the plant will meet Industry 4.0 standards and will have an installed capacity of 10 million electric scooters per annum.
Thoughts About Ola Electric Hiring Wayne Burgess As Head Of Vehicle Design
Wayne Burgess has worked on some of the most legendary cars like the Bentley Arnage in 1998, Aston Martin's DB9 in the mid-2000s, the Jaguar XF, F-Type, F-Pace SUV, XE and many more. Now the wait will be interesting as we will get to see new products from the company.