- 17 hrs ago EV Charging Outlets At HP Petrol Stations — CESL Announces Partnership With HPCL
- 18 hrs ago Kia India Tops Dealership Satisfaction Survey — See How Other Brands In India Performed
- 20 hrs ago Aprilia Tuareg 660 Revealed — India-Bound Aprilia Tuareg 660 ADV-Tourer Teased
- 21 hrs ago 2021 KTM RC 390 Official Images Leaked Ahead Of Launch: Adjustable Suspension, TFT Display & More
- Technology Seagate One Touch HDD Review: Password Protected Backup At Swift Speeds
- News India's daily Covid-19 cases drop to 30,549; 422 deaths recorded
- Movies Bigg Boss 15 House’s Inside Pictures Go Viral On Social Media; Have A Look
- Sports Tokyo Olympics: Warholm sets stunning 400m hurdles world record, breaking 46-second barrier in gold run
- Lifestyle Ways To Cultivate Gratitude In Time Of COVID-19 Pandemic
- Finance Buy These 3 Stocks, India’s Top Broking House Sharekhan Says
- Education Tokyo Olympics: Meet Rani Rampal, Who Led Indian Hockey Team To Semis, Some Unknown Facts About Her
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Manipur In August
Okinawa Autotech Pvt. Ltd. — the popular electric two-wheeler manufacturer has teased the arrival of its first electric motorcycle, the Oki100 to the Indian market. The teaser image of the Okinawa Oki100 electric bike just comes with the caption 'coming soon', indicating the launch could take place in the coming weeks.
The company has been working on the electric motorcycle offering for quite a while now, with the first prototype showcased at the 2018 Auto Expo. There were also plans of introducing the electric bike in India sometime during the festive season last year, however, even that did not take place.
Now, the company has updated the website with the new teaser, confirming that the Oki100 electric bike is finally set to enter the Indian market. Once launched, the new Okinawa Oki100 electric bike will be priced at around Rs 1 lakh (ex-showroom) range, putting it directly in competition with the Revolt RV400.
Okinawa had also previously confirmed that the electric motorcycle will be built from the ground-up in India. The company is planning to have a 100 per cent localisation, this includes the battery modules as well.
The company is yet to announce the exact powertrain figures of the electric motorcycle. However, the Oki100 is said to come with a top speed of 100km/h. Also, the performance of the Okinawa Oki100 will be equivalent to that of a 125cc premium IC-engine powered commuter motorcycle.
The Okinawa Oki100 showcased at the 2018 Auto Expo, also revealed that the powertrain will be positioned in the conventional place as the engine. This should according to the brand help in balancing the weight out evenly. While also offering a low centre of gravity, aiding in improved agility and handling.
Other details on the motorcycle also include the use of LED lighting all around, a fully-digital instrument display, telescopic forks and monoshock suspension setup (front & rear) and disc brakes at either end.
Thoughts On The Okinawa Oki100 Electric Bike Teaser Image
Okinawa is finally set to introduce the Oki100 electric bike in the Indian market, after three years of its first unveiling. Okinawa will be hoping to the electric motorcycle will help them garner fresh interest towards the brand across the country.