- 20 hrs ago Tata Motors Has Registered Total Sales Of 62,192 Units In November 2021
- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki To Launch 5 New SUVs Within Next 3 Years
- 1 day ago Spy Pics: Undisguised Yezdi Roadking Adventure Spotted Testing
- 1 day ago BMW Concept XM SUV Unveiled — Previews Most Powerful M Division Vehicle
- Finance 1 Capital Goods And 1 Paint Company Stock To Buy For 3 Months For Upto 12% Gains: ICICI Direct
- Movies Abhishek Bachchan Blasts Trolls For Targeting Aaradhya; 'If You Have Anything To Say, Say It To My Face'
- Sports Baichung Bhutia, Anju Bobby George added to Mission Olympic Cell as India eyes 2024 Olympics
- News Centre allocating vaccine doses to BJP-ruled states in excess: Shiv Sena slams Centre in Parliament
- Technology Redmi Note 11T 5G Vs Lava Agni 5G: Which One Should You Consider & Why
- Education RBI Summer Internship 2022: Opportunity For Indian, Foreign Students To Apply For RBI Internship. See Details
- Lifestyle Rashmika Mandanna And Sanjana Sanghi Have Travel Fashion Goals For Us
- Travel Budget Friendly Winter Places To Visit Around Shillong
Okinawa Autotech Pvt. Ltd. — the popular electric two-wheeler manufacturer has teased the arrival of its first electric motorcycle, the Oki100 to the Indian market. The teaser image of the Okinawa Oki100 electric bike just comes with the caption 'coming soon', indicating the launch could take place in the coming weeks.
The company has been working on the electric motorcycle offering for quite a while now, with the first prototype showcased at the 2018 Auto Expo. There were also plans of introducing the electric bike in India sometime during the festive season last year, however, even that did not take place.
Now, the company has updated the website with the new teaser, confirming that the Oki100 electric bike is finally set to enter the Indian market. Once launched, the new Okinawa Oki100 electric bike will be priced at around Rs 1 lakh (ex-showroom) range, putting it directly in competition with the Revolt RV400.
Okinawa had also previously confirmed that the electric motorcycle will be built from the ground-up in India. The company is planning to have a 100 per cent localisation, this includes the battery modules as well.
The company is yet to announce the exact powertrain figures of the electric motorcycle. However, the Oki100 is said to come with a top speed of 100km/h. Also, the performance of the Okinawa Oki100 will be equivalent to that of a 125cc premium IC-engine powered commuter motorcycle.
The Okinawa Oki100 showcased at the 2018 Auto Expo, also revealed that the powertrain will be positioned in the conventional place as the engine. This should according to the brand help in balancing the weight out evenly. While also offering a low centre of gravity, aiding in improved agility and handling.
Other details on the motorcycle also include the use of LED lighting all around, a fully-digital instrument display, telescopic forks and monoshock suspension setup (front & rear) and disc brakes at either end.
Thoughts On The Okinawa Oki100 Electric Bike Teaser Image
Okinawa is finally set to introduce the Oki100 electric bike in the Indian market, after three years of its first unveiling. Okinawa will be hoping to the electric motorcycle will help them garner fresh interest towards the brand across the country.