- 15 hrs ago KTM RC 390 Discontinued In India & Removed From Website: Next-Gen Coming Soon
- 16 hrs ago Bajaj Platina & CT Motorcycle Line-Up Receives Second Price Hike This Year: Here’s The New Price List
- 17 hrs ago 2021 Benelli 302R Revealed Ahead Of Launch: Features New Design & Lesser Weight
- 18 hrs ago TVS’ Scooters Price Increase: Prices Of TVS Scooty, Jupiter and NTorq 125 Hiked
- News As US drops extradition request, Dawood’s top aide Jabir Moti to walk out of London jail
- Sports IPL 2021, CSK vs DC: MS Dhoni fined Rs 12 lakh for maintaining slow over-rate
- Movies BAFTA 2021 Film Awards Winners List: Ma Rainey's Black Bottom, Mank, & Tenet Win Big On Opening Night
- Technology Redmi Gaming Smartphone With Dimensity 1200 SoC Launch Tipped For This Month
- Finance 7th Pay Commission: Here’s How Your PF Contribution May Change From July
- Lifestyle Gudi Padwa 2021: The Rituals And Story Behind Celebrating This Festival
- Education NEET PG 2021 On April 18, Check COVID-19 Guidelines For Exam Day
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In April 2021
Indian electric two-wheeler manufacturer, Okinawa, has teased the new upcoming electric scooter in the country. The new electric scooter will be called the Okinawa Dual. The all-new electric scooter will be launched at the budget end of the price scale sometime by the end of this month.
According to the company, the Okinawa Dual will be targeting the new electric scooter towards last-mile connectivity. It will primarily help revolutionize delivery service in the country with a hassle-free and easy commute.
The company recently tweeted "New Year, New Beginnings! Okinawa Scooters is all set to transform and 'eco-fy' the #delivery service sector! Get ready for this Year's most disruptive #electric two-wheeler as the Okinawa Family gets bigger this month. Unveiling soon #LeadToShine #PowerTheChange with Okinawa Dual."
The teaser images of the upcoming Okinawa Dual electric scooter reveals a horizontally placed headlamps, Okinawa badging, a single-piece handlebar, telescopic forks at the front and a single-piece flat seat.
Other features that could be revealed at the time of the Okinawa Dual's launch include a fully-digital instrument cluster, alloy wheels, dual-shock setup at the rear, luggage carrying rack at the back and a basket at the front; among others. Having a carrier at the front and a rack at the back will help delivery executives to carry a couple of packages in one go.
Speaking about the range and performance, the scooter is expected to feature a range between 60 and 70 kilometres from a single battery charge. It could also come with a detachable battery for swapping function to increase its practicality.
The company looks to target the upcoming electric scooter to other businesses in the delivery industry. As a result, we could expect it to come with some form of connected technology to help with fleet management for businesses.
According to a statement released by the company, it said, "the Dual will transform the delivery service sector. With COVID-19 resulting in fundamental shifts in the consumer buying patterns, there is an evident surge in e-commerce and online ordering across categories that continue to register strong growth even in the aftermath of the lockdowns. There is no better time than now for the last-mile sector to switch to Electric Vehicles and thus, the launch of Okinawa Dual seems perfectly timed."
Thoughts About The Okinawa Dual Teased Ahead Of India Launch
The Okinawa Dual is expected to be a budget electric scooter that will be arriving in the country sometime by the end of this month. The demand for the last-mile electric scooter has increased substantially in the country. As a result, the company is looking to cater to the growing demand by launching the Okinawa Dual in India.