- 5 hrs ago Royal Enfield Continental GT Cup; More Affordable Than One Might Imagine
- 12 hrs ago BMW C 400 GT Teaser Video Released; Comes With 34 Bhp 350cc Engine
- 15 hrs ago New Honda BR-V Revealed; Comes With ADAS And Many Other Advanced Features
- 19 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Style Variant Gets Updated; Kushaq Style Variant Now Receives 6 Airbags & TPMS
- Movies Sunny Full Movie Leaked Online For Free Download In HD Quality
- News Bihar court's unique condition to rape accused to get bail: Wash clothes of 2000 women
- Sports IPL 2021, DC vs SRH: Full List of Award Winners, Man of The Match, Post Match Presentation Highlights
- Finance 3 EPFO Services Subscribers Can Avail Via Digilocker
- Technology Linksys Velop AX4200 WiFi 6 Mesh System Launched In India: Supports Over 120 Devices
- Lifestyle Chitrangda Looks Graceful In Her White Suit Look And We Can’t Take Our Eyes Off Her
- Education Delhi University Admit Card 2021 Released, Check Direct Link
- Travel 7 Amazing Indian Beaches For Families
Okinawa has launched the Dual electric scooter in the Indian market. The new Okinawa Dual electric scooter is available with a host of customisation options with prices starting at Rs 58,998, ex-showroom (India).
The Okinawa Dual is primarily targeted towards other businesses in the delivery space. However, the company has announced that the scooter can be purchased customers for private use.
As mentioned before, the company is offering a host of customization options to support last-mile delivery service. This includes a storage box that can be placed on the basket in the front and a luggage rack at the rear to hold various forms of goods.
The company claims it can be used to deliver cylinders, water cans and more. This is possible as the Okinawa Dual's payload capacity is rated at 200Kgs. Customers can also opt for a cold storage box and stackable crates, that is being offered by the company as well.
Speaking about the scooter itself, the Okinawa Dual electric scooter is offered in two colour options: Fire Red and Sunshine Yellow. Because of its increased load-bearing capacity, the majority of construction on the bare-bones electric scooter is done using metal. Despite its metal construction, and due to the form factor of the electric scooter, the Okinawa Dual tips the scale at 75Kgs.
The Dual electric scooter features a minimalistic design approach. It features a horizontally placed LED headlamp, tail lamp and turn-signal indicators, Okinawa badging on the apron, a single-piece handlebar, a kickstand, and a split-seat for the rider and the pillion along with a backrest. It features a push-type pillion seat, which can be removed.
Moving to the powertrain of the Okinawa Dual, it uses a 48W 55Ah detachable lithium-ion battery mated to a hub-mounted electric motor. The battery pack can be charged up to 80 per cent in 90 minutes, while a full charge takes up to 5 hours. The company claims a riding range of up to 130 kilometres on a single battery charge.
Additionally, the company is also offering the scooter with a lower-spec battery, which is rated at 48V 28Ah. Equipped with a lower-spec battery, the scooter's riding range reduces to 60 kilometres on a single battery charge (claimed).
However, the charge times are significantly lower at 45 minutes for 80% charge and up to 3 hours for 100% charge. The Okinawa Dual is a low-speed electric scooter and can travel up to a maximum speed of 25kmph. As a result, the scooter does not need a registration or a driving license to ride the Dual legally in India.
Suspension duties on the electric scooter are handled by telescopic forks at the front and a twin-shock unit at the rear. Braking on the scooter is done via a disc brake at the front and a drum brake at the rear. The Okinawa Dual features alloy wheels shod with tubeless tyres.
Jeetender Sharma, MD and founder, Okinawa Autotech said, "With the rise of e-commerce and last-mile deliveries, it has become imperative for businesses in the delivery segment to consistently innovate, reduce operational costs, and increase efficiency. Moreover, switching to EVs is an environmentally positive change that individuals and businesses aim to pledge today."
He further added, "With our new Okinawa Dual, we aim to electrify last-mile delivery for businesses in India. Marking our entry into the B2B EV segment, the Dual is a one-of-its-kind scooter that is set to disrupt the market. We are certainly optimistic about capturing a significant share in the market within the next two years."
Thoughts About The Okinawa Dual Electric Scooter Launched In India
The Okinawa Dual caters to the growing demand for last-mile budget-friendly electric scooter in the Indian market. The scooter offers a decent claimed range to support delivery operations in the country. The Okinawa Dual rivals the Gemopai Miso, Smartron tbike flex, and the Detel Easy; among a host of other electric scooter sold in the market.