- 24 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Exports Two Million Vehicles From India: Read More To Find Out
- 1 day ago IMOTY 2021: All-New Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Wins The 2021 Indian Bike Of The Year Award
- 1 day ago ICOTY 2021: Third-Generation Hyundai i20 Wins The 2021 Indian Car Of The Year Award
- 1 day ago Bangalore’s First La Maison Citroen Showroom Launched: Here Are All The Details
- Movies Anil Kapoor Recalls How He Almost Killed Rahul Bose While Shooting For Dil Dhadakne Do; Says 'I Was Worried'
- News JNU allows final-year MPhil students on campus
- Finance Gross Value Added To Grow By 1.5% To 2% In Q4
- Technology Redmi Note 10 Global Variant To Use Snapdragon 678 SoC
- Education IBPS Clerk Mains Exam Analysis 2021, Check Difficulty Level
- Sports ATP Tour debutant Cerundolo makes history with dream Cordoba triumph
- Lifestyle Madhuri Dixit’s Glamorous Pictures In Shimmering Eye Shadow And Dark Pink Lipstick Leaves Us Speechless
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In March
Yamaha Motor India has introduced their new MY21 version of their popular 'FZ Series', consisting of the FZ-Fi and the FZS-Fi motorcycles. The 2021 Yamaha FZ and FZS motorcycles feature subtle design changes, along with a few additional features. The 2021 Yamaha FZ-Fi is priced at Rs 1.03 lakh, while the 2021 FZS-Fi is offered with a price tag of Rs 1.07 lakh. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
As mentioned above, both motorcycles now feature a few subtle updates, this includes a new paint scheme. The 2021 FZ-Fi now comes in two new colours: Racing Blue and Metallic Black, while the FZS-Fi model is offered in a new Matte Red paint scheme.
The new colours on both motorcycles will be offered alongside the standard colour palette. Other cosmetic updates on the 2021 FZS-Fi also include a new 3D emblem.
Both motorcycles in the Yamaha FZ Series also come with a ‘side-stand engine cut-off switch', a standard safety feature, offered on most motorcycles these days. Both motorcycles have also managed to reduce 2 kilograms of weight, ensuring improved comfort, handling and manoeuvring. However, Yamaha hasn't revealed any details of how the weight saving has been achieved.
Additionally, the 2021 Yamaha FZS-Fi now comes with the brand's Bluetooth-enabled ‘Yamaha Motorcycle Connect X' technology. This offers features such as answer back, locate-my-bike, e-lock and many others.
No other changes have been made on the two motorcycles. Both the 2021 Yamaha FZ and FZS continue to be powered by the same 149cc BS6-compliant single-cylinder air-cooled engine. It produces 12.4bhp at 7250rpm and 13.6Nm of torque at 5500rpm, paired with a five-speed gearbox.
Motofumi Shitara, Chairman, Yamaha Motor India Group of Companies, said:
"FZ is an iconic brand of Yamaha and in India, we want to recreate its excitement every year with additional features and new offerings. Last year, we had launched the Yamaha Motorcycle Connect X Application in Dark Knight & Vintage models as an accessory. This feature was accepted well by our customers & moving forward with today's launch of FZS-FI, we have decided to make it a mandatory feature for our FZS FI Models."
He further added, "We are committed to offering something exceptional to the motorcycling customers of India & today we are upgrading our popular FZ series with features like Side Stand Engine Cutoff Switch & Inbuilt Bluetooth Connectivity for FZS-FI."
"With the upgrade of FZ series, we have completed the upgrade of all the models in Yamaha Lineup with Side Stand Engine Cutoff Switch. We will keep on listening to our customers & continue to launch new products under the banner of The Call of The Blue."
Thoughts On The 2021 Yamaha FZ-Fi & FZS-Fi Motorcycles
The Yamaha FZ and FZS motorcycles are popular entry-level street-naked offerings in the Indian market. The two motorcycles rival the likes of the Suzuki Gixxer, Bajaj Pulsar NS160, KTM 125 Duke and the TVS Apache RTR 160 in the Indian market.