- 11 hrs ago MG ZS Petrol Interiors Spied Ahead Of India Launch Expected Soon: SPy Pics & Details
- 14 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Car Prices Hiked By Up To Rs 34,000: Here Are The New Prices!
- 16 hrs ago TVS XL100 Winner Edition Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 49,599
- 18 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki 1.5-Litre Diesel Engine Is All Set To Make Its Comeback: Expected Launch In Two Models
- Movies Master Day 7 Box Office Collection: Thalapathy Vijay Starrer Continues Its Reign
- Technology Flipkart Big Saving Days Sale 2021 Offers On Best Laptops And Desktops
- News Donald Trump's trial, Biden's Cabinet picks await Senate post-siege
- Sports ISL 2020-21: Hyderabad FC vs Odisha FC: Odisha fightback to script exciting draw against Hyderabad
- Lifestyle Bandhej Or Brocade, Which Stylish Outfit Of Mira Rajput Kapoor Is More Awesome?
- Finance 6 Things To Check In Your Credit Card Statement
- Education SBI PO Mains Admit Card 2021 Released
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In January 2021
TVS Motor Company has added a new variant to its Jupiter scooter lineup in the Indian market, called the Sheet Metal White (SMW). The new TVS Jupiter SMW is now the model's new base variant and is priced at Rs 63,497, ex-showroom (Delhi).
The new TVS Jupiter Sheet Metal White variant is offered in two colour options: Metallic Silver & Metallic Titanium Grey. The new base variant of the Jupiter comes powered by the same 110cc single-cylinder air-cooled engine. It produces 7.4bhp at 7500rpm and 8.4Nm of peak torque at 5500rpm and is paired with a CVT gearbox.
The new base variant also features the brand's patented Econometer with two riding modes: Eco and Power. The TVS Jupiter range also features a host of equipment as standard, including LED headlamps, LED taillights, updated instrument cluster, open glove box, large boot space, USB charging port (on ZX and Classic variant only) and many others.
Apart from the new SMW variant, the TVS Jupiter is also offered in four other trim levels: Standard, ZX, ZX Disc and Classic. Prices for the remaining four models have been hiked by up to Rs 2,770. The entire TVS Jupiter range including the new SMW variant is now offered with a price tag ranging from Rs 63,497 to Rs 72,472. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
TVS earlier this month announced 176,912 units of domestic two-wheeler sales during the month of December 2020. This translated to a 13 per cent growth compared to the brand's sales during the same month in 2019.
Among this, 119,051 units came from motorcycles, while the remaining 77,705 units of sales were from scooter sales. The TVS Jupiter is one among the best-selling models for the brand in the Indian market. The Jupiter brings in consistent sales month-on-month for the brand, often marking its presence as one of the top-10 two-wheelers in the country.
Thoughts On The New TVS Jupiter Base Variant Launch
The new TVS Jupiter Sheet Metal White variant is the brand's entry-level trim offered in the Indian market. The TVS Jupiter is positioned in the 110cc commuter-level segment and rivals the likes of the Hero Maestro Edge and the Honda Activa offering.