- 1 day ago Piaggio Ape HT Three-Wheelers Launched In India At Rs 2.24 Lakh: Cargo & Passenger CNG Available
- 1 day ago Dakar Rally 2022: Audi RS Q e-Tron Unveiled For The Rally Race: Battery Capacity, Specs & Other Details
- 1 day ago 2021 Tata Tiago NRG Launching Soon — Design, Features & Other Details
- 1 day ago SSC Tuatara’s 500+Km/h Top Speed Record Proven Wrong; SSC Admits To Botched Up Figures
- Technology Amazon Prime Day Sale 2021: Discount Offer On Top Trending Smartphones
- Movies Veteran Actress Savita Bajaj, Who Was In Dire Need Of Financial Help, Gets Discharged From Hospital
- Sports India vs Sri Lanka 1st T20I: Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Suryakumar Yadav star in India's 38-run win over Sri Lanka
- News PM Modi cleared roadblocks to NE peace, development: Amit Shah
- Finance 3 Best Performing And High-Rated Gilt Funds To Start SIP In 2021
- Education CGBSE 12th Marksheet: Check CG 12th Result Name Wise And Roll Number
- Lifestyle Cancer Centre Successfully Initiates Neuro-Monitoring Technique For Spinal Cord Surgery, A First In Mumbai
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In August
TVS Motor Company has launched its 2021 Apache RTR 160 4V in the Indian market. The new (2021) TVS Apache RTR 160 4V is offered in two variants: Drum and Disc, with a retail price starting at Rs 1.07 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
This translates to a price hike of around Rs 3000 on both models. For the hike amount, TVS has brought in a number of changes and updates. This includes a weight reduction of 2 kilograms. The entry-level drum variant of the Apache RTR 160 4V now weighs in at 145kg, while the disc variant tips the scale at 147kg.
Other changes on the motorcycle also include an all-new dual-tone seat with a carbon-fibre pattern, LED headlamps with the claw-styled position lamps. The motorcycle is also offered in three paint schemes: Racing Red, Knight Black and Metallic Blue.
However, the most important update is to the engine. The 2021 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V carries forward the same 159.7cc single-cylinder oil-cooled unit. This engine now produces 17.5bhp at 9250rpm and 14.73Nm of peak torque at 7250rpm.
This is 1.5bhp and 0.6Nm more than on its previous 2020 model. The motorcycle does continue to use the same five-speed gearbox as standard. This makes the 2021 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V the most-powerful motorcycle in its segment in India.
Meghashyam Dighole, Head - (Marketing) Premium Motorcycles, TVS Motor Company, said,
"Backed by 38 years of racing pedigree, the new 2021 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V offers best-in-class performance with enhanced power to weight ratio and increased torque, offering our customers better-riding experiences along with advanced technologies."
"TVS Apache has always been committed to scaling higher benchmarks for customer satisfaction. We are confident that these enhancements will further strengthen the success story of our TVS Apache RTR 160 4V motorcycle."
Thoughts On The 2021 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V
The 2021 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V is now said to be the most powerful motorcycle in the country's 150 - 160cc segment. The motorcycle rivals the likes of the Bajaj Pulsar NS 160 and the Suzuki Gixxer 155.