- 9 min ago Tata HBX Interior Exterior Design & Features Spied Ahead Of India Launch: Pics & Details
- 1 hr ago Hero MotoCorp Extends Warranty, Free Service & AMC Period In India Due To Covid-19
- 2 hrs ago MG Motor India & Devnandan Gases Increase Medical Oxygen Production By 31%: Read More!
- 3 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq India Launch Timeline Revealed: To Rival Hyundai Creta
- News ‘Who will be number 2’: Delhi HC rejects plea seeking priority in Covid vaccination
- Finance Cryptocurrency News Update Today: Bitcoin, Ethereum, XRP And Other Global News On Cryptocurrencies
- Technology Reliance Jio To Construct Submarine Cable System: Here's Why
- Movies Bigg Boss Malayalam 3 Voting Results: Noby Marcose & Anoop Krishnan In Bottom Two?
- Lifestyle Long Work Hours Increasing Deaths From Heart Disease, Pandemic Work From Home Could Worsen It
- Sports Veda Krishnamurthy says BCCI offered support during family crisis time; downplays Sthalekar comments
- Education PSEB 10th Result 2021: Punjab Board Class 10th Result 2021 Link Activated
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In May
The 2021 KTM 890 Duke has been globally unveiled. The new 890 Duke will be a replacement to the old Duke 790 KTM which has been discontinued post the arrival of the stricter Euro 5 emissions.
The new KTM 890 Duke will be positioned below its more powerful 890 R variant. It will, however, borrow the same chassis, engine and body panels as its more powerful variant. The new Duke 890 carries forward the same design and styling as its predecessor.
This includes the same LED headlamps, LED tail lights, fuel tank design, seats and others. The only differentiating factor between the 2021 KTM Duke 890 and its predecessor is the new paint scheme with the new body graphics. The new 890 Duke now comes in two colours: Black & Orange. The motorcycle also comes with a blacked-out frame, instead of the orange seen on other KTM models.
The new (2021) KTM 890 Duke also weighs in at the same 169 kilograms as the 790 Duke. However, the seat height on the Duke 890 is 5mm lower than on its predecessor, which provides better accessibility.
Powering the 2021 KTM 890 Duke is the same 889cc parallel-twin liquid-cooled engine, which is on the 890 R. The engine on the standard version, however, has been slightly de-tuned, now producing 115bhp at 9000rpm and 92Nm of peak torque 8000rpm. It is paired with the same six-speed gearbox and comes with two-way quick-shifter as standard.
Apart from this, the 2021 KTM 890 Duke features a host of other electronic rider aids as well. This includes a 6D lean angle sensor with IMU assist, nine-stage traction control and multiple ride modes (Rain, Street & Sport); among others.
The KTM 890 Duke once introduced in the global markets will take on the likes of the Triumph Street Triple R and the Ducati Monster.
Thoughts On The 2021 KTM 890 Duke
The KTM 890 Duke is expected to enter the Indian market sometime by late-2021. However, KTM is yet to officially announce the same. Once introduced in India, the new 890 Duke will replace the 790 Duke in the brand's lineup. Prices for the 2021 KTM Duke 890 in India will be in the Rs 9 lakh, ex-showroom range.