- 3 hrs ago Dubai Police Gets The New Toyota Land Cruiser LC300 — Rugged Workhorse Added To Exotic Fleet
- 5 hrs ago 2021 Duster Facelift Revealed: Will Renault Bring The New Duster To India?
- 19 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Car Prices Increase — Company’s Third Price Hike Of 2021 Coming Soon
- 24 hrs ago 2021 Mini Hatchback, Convertible & John Cooper Works (JCW) Launched In India At Rs 38 Lakh
- News This Karnataka village unaffected by COVID second wave
- Sports England vs Sri Lanka, 1st T20I: My11 Team, Probable Playing 11, Telecast in India and Live Streaming Info
- Movies Rangoli Chandel Claims Taapsee Pannu Copied Kangana Ranaut's Style, Deletes Post Saying Taapsee Has No Talent
- Finance India Pesticides IPO Opens Today: Check IPO Subscription Details
- Technology Garena Free Fire Redeem Code Reward List: Get 3x Weapon Royale Voucher, Other Benefits
- Lifestyle Madhuri Dixit’s Backless Kurti And Black Sharara Makes For A Stylish Sangeet Ceremony Outfit
- Education KVS Admission 2021: Class 1 First Provisional Selection List Expected Today
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In August
Kia India recently underwent a major change in the Indian market. Starting with the rebranding from Kia Motors to Kia India along with a new logo. The company also made changes to the Kia Seltos and the Sonet in the Indian market.
Images shared by Rushlane, reveals the new Sonet and the Seltos getting delivered to customers in the country. Customer located in cities that are not affected by the Coronavirus lockdown will start receiving the SUV in the country.
Deliveries of both models in other cities are expected to begin soon after the lockdown ends. Also, the report suggests that the waiting period for Seltos and Sonet have increased in the country due to the refreshed models.
Most variants of the Kia Seltos and the Sonet stands between 19 to 20 weeks. However, a couple of manual variants of the Tech line on the Seltos have a lesser wait time. Similarly, a couple of Tech line trims of the Sonet have a wait time of around 12 weeks.
Speaking about the 2021 Seltos, the company has added a few changes to the mid-size SUV. Starting with a new brand logo, additional voice commands via UVO connect, new features added to mid-spec trims and two new trims; among others. The 2021 Seltos also receives an iMT gearbox option.
However, there are no other mechanical changes made to the mid-size SUV. The Seltos is offered with a host of engine and powertrain options. This includes a 1.5-litre naturally-aspirated engine, a 1.5-litre CRDi VGT unit and the top-spec 1.4-litre GDI turbo-petrol motor.
Transmission options include a 6-speed manual or iVT or iMT offered on the 1.5-litre petrol. The 1.5-litre diesel comes mated to either a 6-speed manual or 6-speed torque converter. Finally, the 1.4-litre turbo-petrol engine can be had with either a 6-speed manual or 7-speed DCT automatic.
After the update, the 2021 Kia Seltos now retails between Rs 9.95 lakh and Rs 17.65 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
Moving to the Sonet, the compact-SUV has also undergone a host of changes and updates. The HTX trim is now offered with 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine paired with the 7-speed DCT and the 1.5-litre diesel mated to a 6-speed AT.
Additionally, the company has added a couple of new features to the new Kia Sonet. This includes paddle shifters, a segment-first voice-assisted sunroof operation and rear window sunshades. The refreshed Sonet now retails between Rs 6.79 lakh and Rs 13.25 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi) — here are all the details.
Thoughts About The 2021 Kia Sonet & Seltos Deliveries Started Across India
The 2021 Kia Sonet and the Seltos have undergone significant change in the Indian market. The prices for both models have been increased as well. However, due to the ongoing Coronoavirus lockdown, it could pose some production and logistical challenges, which can increase the waiting period in the country.