- 6 hrs ago Honda Cars India Shuts Down Manufacturing Plant: Tapukara Plant Shut For Maintenance
- 8 hrs ago Felidae Maven Electric Bicycle Specs & Details: Electric Mobility At Just Rs 24,500
- 8 hrs ago Honda Cars Discounts In May 2021: Up To Rs 27,000 Benefits Available On Select Models
- 8 hrs ago Tata Motors Price Hike In May 2021: Tata Motors Hikes Prices Of All Models
- Sports Manchester City 1-2 Chelsea: Celebrations stall as Aguero aberration lets Blues back in
- Movies Bigg Boss Malayalam 3 Week 11 Elimination: Remya Is Evicted, Soorya Gets Saved?
- Finance CAMS Shares Lists On NSE After 7 Months Of Its Entry Into Capital Market: Here's Why?
- News Massive COVID-19 vaccination drive in Uttar Pradesh from May 10 for 18-plus
- Education IIIT Delhi Offering PG Diploma in Data Science and Artificial Intelligence
- Technology Amazon Mother’s Day Quiz Answers: Here's Your Chance To Bag Rs. 25,000 Amazon Pay Balance
- Lifestyle Tere Naam And M.S. Dhoni Actress Bhumika Chawla Exudes Soothing Vibes With Her Latest Outfit
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
The Jawa Forty-Two one of the two motorcycles revived by the brand has been spotted testing with a host of new updates. Jawa Motorcycles seems to be working on pushing a couple of updates to their entry-level offering in the country.
According to the latest spy images posted by Autocar India, the test mule of the updated Jawa-Forty motorcycle features a couple of upgrades. Starting with its all-new blacked-out design on replacing the chrome finish on a couple of trim pieces. This includes the entire dual-exhaust system, which is now completely blacked out.
The trim around the headlight and suspension at the front have also received the blacked-out treatment. Other changes noticed on the test mule that is changed as compared to the outgoing model include blacked-out alloy wheels, a small flyscreen and a grab handles for the pillion rider on the motorcycle.
As a result of motorcycle getting upgraded alloy wheels from the previous spoke wheels, the 2021 Jawa Forty-Two is likely to come shod with tubeless tires for ease of use. The test mule also features a little reservoir next to the top-mountings of the rear suspension. Whether it would be the new location for rear brake master cylinder is yet to be known.
Apart from this, the motorcycle remains the same and there are no other mechanical changes visible on the test mule. The Jawa Forty-Two liquid-cooled, single-cylinder 293cc engine now produces a maximum of 26.2bhp and a peak torque of 27.05Nm. The engine continues to come mated to a six-speed gearbox.
Suspension duties on the motorcycle are handled by a telescopic fork at the front and a twin-shock suspension at the rear. The spoked wheels on the outgoing model measure at 18-inch for front and 17-inch for the rear. We expect the alloy-wheel sizes to remain the same.
Jawa Motorcycles offers the Forty-Two in six different colour options, which includes 2 Gloss and 4 Matte themes. The Forty-Two is also offered in two variants: single-channel ABS & dual-channel ABS. The single-channel ABS variant is priced at Rs 1.65 lakh, while the ABS dual-channel variant costs Rs 1.74 lakh. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
Thoughts About The New Jawa Forty-Two Spied Testing With New Features Ahead Of Launch
Jawa Motorcycles will be updating its entry-level offering, the Forty-Two model with a few changes. Alternatively, it could another variant that could be sold alongside its outgoing chrome-rich variant. However, the changes to the new motorcycle are expected to be restricted to mostly cosmetic. Whether it will be an all-new Jawa Forty-Two that will replace the outgoing model remains to be seen.