- 23 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Exports Two Million Vehicles From India: Read More To Find Out
- 1 day ago IMOTY 2021: All-New Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Wins The 2021 Indian Bike Of The Year Award
- 1 day ago ICOTY 2021: Third-Generation Hyundai i20 Wins The 2021 Indian Car Of The Year Award
- 1 day ago Bangalore’s First La Maison Citroen Showroom Launched: Here Are All The Details
- Technology Redmi Note 10 Global Variant To Use Snapdragon 678 SoC
- Movies Amitabh Bachchan Reacts To Fans Expressing Concern Over His Health After Undergoing A Surgery
- News COVID-19 vaccinations in Bengaluru: Full list of government, private hospitals for inoculations
- Finance Nifty Opens 180 Points Higher; RailTel Gains 11%
- Education IBPS Clerk Mains Exam Analysis 2021, Check Difficulty Level
- Sports ATP Tour debutant Cerundolo makes history with dream Cordoba triumph
- Lifestyle Madhuri Dixit’s Glamorous Pictures In Shimmering Eye Shadow And Dark Pink Lipstick Leaves Us Speechless
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In March
The Jawa Forty-Two one of the two motorcycles revived by the brand has been spotted testing with a host of new updates. Jawa Motorcycles seems to be working on pushing a couple of updates to their entry-level offering in the country.
According to the latest spy images posted by Autocar India, the test mule of the updated Jawa-Forty motorcycle features a couple of upgrades. Starting with its all-new blacked-out design on replacing the chrome finish on a couple of trim pieces. This includes the entire dual-exhaust system, which is now completely blacked out.
The trim around the headlight and suspension at the front have also received the blacked-out treatment. Other changes noticed on the test mule that is changed as compared to the outgoing model include blacked-out alloy wheels, a small flyscreen and a grab handles for the pillion rider on the motorcycle.
As a result of motorcycle getting upgraded alloy wheels from the previous spoke wheels, the 2021 Jawa Forty-Two is likely to come shod with tubeless tires for ease of use. The test mule also features a little reservoir next to the top-mountings of the rear suspension. Whether it would be the new location for rear brake master cylinder is yet to be known.
Apart from this, the motorcycle remains the same and there are no other mechanical changes visible on the test mule. The Jawa Forty-Two liquid-cooled, single-cylinder 293cc engine now produces a maximum of 26.2bhp and a peak torque of 27.05Nm. The engine continues to come mated to a six-speed gearbox.
Suspension duties on the motorcycle are handled by a telescopic fork at the front and a twin-shock suspension at the rear. The spoked wheels on the outgoing model measure at 18-inch for front and 17-inch for the rear. We expect the alloy-wheel sizes to remain the same.
Jawa Motorcycles offers the Forty-Two in six different colour options, which includes 2 Gloss and 4 Matte themes. The Forty-Two is also offered in two variants: single-channel ABS & dual-channel ABS. The single-channel ABS variant is priced at Rs 1.65 lakh, while the ABS dual-channel variant costs Rs 1.74 lakh. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
Thoughts About The New Jawa Forty-Two Spied Testing With New Features Ahead Of Launch
Jawa Motorcycles will be updating its entry-level offering, the Forty-Two model with a few changes. Alternatively, it could another variant that could be sold alongside its outgoing chrome-rich variant. However, the changes to the new motorcycle are expected to be restricted to mostly cosmetic. Whether it will be an all-new Jawa Forty-Two that will replace the outgoing model remains to be seen.