- 19 hrs ago MG Astor Bookings Opened: First Batch Gets Sold Out Within 20 Minutes
- 22 hrs ago Mahindra XUV700 Crosses 65000 Bookings In Just Two Weeks
- 1 day ago Yamaha Force 2.0 Launched In Taiwan
- 1 day ago Limited-Edition Toyota Innova Crysta Launched In India: Comes With HUD, 360-Degree Camera, And More Features
- Movies Martin Scorsese & Istvan Szabo To Be Honoured With Satyajit Ray Lifetime Achievement Award
- News PM Modi changes Twitter profile picture as India hits 100-crore Covid vaccine milestone
- Finance S&P Global Ratings Upgrades Ratings For Tata Groups, Shows A Stable Outlook, Share Prices
- Sports Barcelona vs Real Madrid El Clasico 2021 Preview: Time in India, TV Channel & Live Streaming Details
- Education CAPF AC 2021 DAF Registration Link Opened, Here’s How To Fill CAPF DAF Online Form
- Technology Flipkart Big Diwali Sale 2021: Discount Offers On Premium Smartphones
- Lifestyle What Is Scream Therapy? Read About How Horror Movies Can Benefit Your Mental Health!
- Travel Best Winter Destinations In Andaman And Nicobar Islands
Bajaj Auto has launched their all-new Platina 100 Electric Start (ES) in the Indian market. The new Bajaj Platina 100 ES is offered with a price tag starting at Rs 53,920, ex-showroom (Delhi); making it the most affordable motorcycle in India with an electric-start function.
The new Platina 100 comes with a refreshed look, offered with a number of new features and equipment, along with a few subtle cosmetic updates as well. This includes new rear-view mirrors and new body graphics offering a more youthful styling.
It also comes with LED DRLs on the headlamp units, wide rubber footpads, a longer seat offering more comfort for both rider and pillion and two new colour options: Cocktail Wine Red & Ebony Black with Silver decals.
The motorcycle comes powered by a 102cc single-cylinder air-cooled SOHC engine. It produces 7.8bhp at 7500rpm and 8.36Nm of peak torque at 5500rpm, paired with a four-speed gearbox.
The new Bajaj Platina 100 ES now comes with telescopic forks at the front and hydraulic shock absorbers at the rear with a new spring-on-spring suspension setup. Bajaj states that the new setup improves shock absorption levels, offering a more comfortable ride.
Braking is handled by 130mm and 110mm drum brakes at either end, supported by Combi-Braking System (CBS) as standard. The motorcycle further rides on 17-inch wheels with 100/80 profile tubeless tyres at both ends. The motorcycle further comes with an 11-litre fuel tank capacity and has a kerb weight of 117kg.
Narayan Sundararaman, Head of Marketing, Bajaj Auto Ltd said,
"The brand Platina has an unmatched proposition of Comfort with over 7 million satisfied customers as a testament to its segment-leading attributes. The new Platina 100ES offers yet another compelling proposition at a ground-breaking price that allows the vast majority of Kick start riders to upgrade to the much-sought convenience of self-start along with the Comfort-Tec technology."
Thoughts On The All-New Bajaj Platina 100 ES Launch In India
The new Bajaj Platina 100 ES as mentioned above is now the most-affordable electric-start motorcycle on road. The Bajaj 100 ES is positioned in the entry-level commuter segment and still manages to pack a host of features, making it an extremely attractive and value-for-money offering in the segment.