- 1 day ago Dual-Tone Colours For TVS Radeon Launched Ahead Of Festive Season; Priced Slightly Higher
- 2 days ago Mercedes-Benz Creates The Most Transparent Retail Experience
- 2 days ago Tata Punch Vs Tata Nexon; Did Tata Accidentally Kill The Nexon?
- 3 days ago MG Astor Bookings Opened: First Batch Gets Sold Out Within 20 Minutes
- Movies Bipasha Basu Says She Is Unaffected By Pregnancy Rumours; 'The Constant Scrutiny Doesn't Bother Me'
- Technology Week 43, 2021 Launch Roundup: Nokia C30, Vivo T1, OPPO K9s, iQOO Z5x, And More
- Sports 'Lucky 13': Babar Azam lords in style as India lose to Pakistan for first time in World Cup
- News NCB's Sameer Wankhede writes to Mumbai top cop, seeks protection from action on 'false charges'
- Finance Government May Present 2 Major Financial Sector Bills In Winter Session
- Lifestyle Over 104.5 Crore COVID-19 Vaccine Doses Provided To States, UTs: Centre
- Travel Himachal Pradesh's Best Winter Destinations
- Education ICSE, ISC Board Exams Revised Datesheet 2021-22 Released By CISCE, Check Time Table Here
Ather Energy currently offers two electric scooter models in the country, the 450X and the 450 Plus. However, the company seems to be working on its third offering. Ahead of the announcement, the patent image of the new Ather electric scooter has been leaked.
From the leaked patent images, the new electric scooter from Ather seems to feature a larger footprint than the outgoing models. The popularity of maxi-scooters is increasing in the country. Whether the new patented model will be a maxi-scooter from the brand remains to be seen.
Speaking about the design of the scooter, it features a large front apron, which tucks in the handlebar and the instrument console set up. Also, it seems to feature an x-shaped headlamp design.
As for the powertrain of the scooter, it is expected to borrow from the 450X model. The brand's flagship uses a PMS electric motor paired with an IP67 rated 2.61 kWh battery pack. The electric powertrain produces 8bhp and a whopping 26Nm torque. This enables the Ather 450X electric scooter to accelerate from 0kmph to 40kmph in 3.3 seconds.
On the other hand, the lower-spec 450 Plus scooter is powered by the same PMS electric motor paired with an IP67 rated 2.4 kWh battery pack. The electric powertrain produces 7.2bhp and a whopping 22Nm torque. The Ather 450 Plus can accelerate from 0kmph to 40kmph in 3.9 seconds.
According to the company, the 450X and the 450 Plus features a true electric riding range of 85 kilometres and 70 kilometres, respectively. Both scooters can charge from 0 to 80 per cent in 3 hours and 35 minutes. Fast charging the 450X will provide a range of 15km while charging the 450 Plus for the same period will give it a range of 10km.
The Ather 450 Plus retails at Rs 1.39 lakh and the Ather 450X costs Rs 1.59 lakh. All prices mentioned are ex-showroom (Bengaluru). Once the new scooter is launched, it is expected to be placed in a similar price bracket.
Thoughts About The New Ather Electric Scooter Patented In India
The popularity and demand for electric scooters are increasing in the country. Ather currently offers two premium electric scooters in the country. However, the company could look to expand its product lineup soon. The upcoming electric scooter is expected to rival the also upcoming Suzuki Burgman Electric.