- 14 min ago Royal Enfield Continental GT Cup; More Affordable Than One Might Imagine
- 6 hrs ago BMW C 400 GT Teaser Video Released; Comes With 34 Bhp 350cc Engine
- 10 hrs ago New Honda BR-V Revealed; Comes With ADAS And Many Other Advanced Features
- 13 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Style Variant Gets Updated; Kushaq Style Variant Now Receives 6 Airbags & TPMS
- Movies Sunny Movie Review: Jayasurya's Powerful Performance Saves This Brave Attempt
- News Bihar court's unique condition to rape accused to get bail: Wash clothes of 2000 women
- Sports IPL 2021, DC vs SRH: Full List of Award Winners, Man of The Match, Post Match Presentation Highlights
- Finance 3 EPFO Services Subscribers Can Avail Via Digilocker
- Technology Linksys Velop AX4200 WiFi 6 Mesh System Launched In India: Supports Over 120 Devices
- Lifestyle Chitrangda Looks Graceful In Her White Suit Look And We Can’t Take Our Eyes Off Her
- Education Delhi University Admit Card 2021 Released, Check Direct Link
- Travel 7 Amazing Indian Beaches For Families
The Aprilia SR 160 will be updated with a few changes in the Indian market. The updated premium scooter is expected to be launched sometime during the festive season this year. It is also expected to carry a new price tag as well.
According to the report from Express Drives, Diego Graffi, Chairman & MD of Piaggio India said, that the company will update the SR 160 this year. Along with the updated SR 160, the company is also gearing up to launch the Aprilia SXR 125 and the Vespa celebratory edition model in the country.
The updates on the new Aprilia SR 160 include a redesign front fascia with restyled headlamps, an all-new instrument cluster that supports Bluetooth technology. The scooter could also receive new graphics, colour options and new switchgear as well.
Diego Graffi, said, "Vespa is the most iconic and premium scooter brand and it is growing well in India. We will continue to set new benchmarks in the premium scooter segment, through the Vespa along with retaining its iconic appeal."
He further said, "Vespa and Aprilia have shown significant growth in 2021 versus previous years and in the last quarter, both our brands have shown a growth of 25% over the same quarter in 2019 and 94% in the low base quarter of 2020. In terms of our network, we now have over 260 dealerships and are working towards strengthening our presence in India."
The SR 160 is powered by an air-cooled single-cylinder fuel-injected 160cc engine. It produces a maximum of 10.8bhp at 7600rpm and a peak torque of 11.6Nm at 6000rpm.
At the front, the scooter feature twin headlamps setup mounted on the apron. While the turn-signal indicators are mounted on the handlebar cowl. The SR 160 features an aggressive and sleek looking design appealing to younger-generation buyers.
Suspension duties on the scooter are handled by telescopic forks at the front and a mono-shock setup at the rear. Braking on the scooter is done via a disc brake setup at the front and a drum brake setup at the rear.
The scooter features a (CBS) combined-braking system as well. The SR 160 feature 12-inch alloy wheels shod with tubeless tyres giving the scooter impressive handling capabilities.
Thoughts About The 2021 Aprilia SR 160 Launch Timeline Revealed
The Aprilia SR 160 is the brand premium scooter offering in the Indian market. With all the updates made to the scooter, the pricing of the scooter is also expected to increase as well. The Aprilia SR 160 is already a scooter with a premium price tag, that is nearing most 200cc motorcycles sold in the Indian market.