- 44 min ago MG Astor First Look Review — The Most Advanced MG Yet Is Quite Impressive
- 15 hrs ago Volkswagen Polo And Vento Waiting Period Reach 5 Months; Bookings On Some Variants Stopped
- 17 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Will Receive A New Fuel Pump; Plans For A Recall & Replacements To Be Made Free Of Cost
- 21 hrs ago Ola Electric Scooter Portal To Open On November 1. Pre-Bookings Open
- Sports IPL 2021: Lasith Malinga recalls time with four-time champions Mumbai Indians
- News Rahul Gandhi takes dig at govt over record COVID-19 vaccinations
- Finance How To Buy Silver In India? Different Investing Options In Silver
- Lifestyle Expert Speaks About Brain Exercises For Managing Alzheimer’s
- Movies Mohit Raina Spills The Beans About His Role In Shiddat; 'Hoping People Will Love It'
- Technology Xiaomi 11 Lite NE 5G Color Options, Price In India Leak
- Education REET Admit Card 2021 Released, Download At reetbser21.com
- Travel 8 Appealing Winter Holiday Destinations In India
The KTM 1290 Super Duke RR has been sold out in just 48 minutes. Yes you read that right. It took just 48 minutes to sell all 500 units of the limited edition KTM 1290 Super Duke RR. The 500 units were sold through an online sale initiated by KTM. 500 lucky buyers will get to own this unique motorcycle and not even one of these 500 bikes will make it to the Indian market.
Now the limited-edition variant will find its way to an incredibly lucky few customers. The new limited edition KTM 1290 Super Duke RR features a host of upgrades over the standard model. The standard model itself is quite a weapon with 180hp and 140Nm of torque from its 1,301cc, 75-degree, LC8 V-twin engine. The limited-edition RR model takes it up a notch by shaving almost 9kgs from the kerb weight to achieve the magnificent 1:1 power-to-weight ratio.
The weight saving was done by using carbon fibre for the seats, replacing the standard wheels with forged aluminium wheels - which saves almost 1.5 kgs, and using a Titanium Akrapovic exhaust system. This resulted in a kerb weight of 180 kgs.
The upgrades include extensive use of CFRP, revised chassis with WP Apex Pro 7117 steering Damper, WP Apex Pro 7548 Close Cartridge forks and WP Apex Pro 7746 shock absorbers at the rear.
The electronics suite has also been tweaked further with track and performance riding modes, these modes allow for more flexibility in adjusting the rear wheel slip, throttle response, launch control and motor slip regulation.
Despite the 500 units being sold in just 48-minutes, the chances of seeing one on Indian roads is next to impossible. KTM doesn't sell the standard 1290 Super Duke in India, hence the online sale for the more extreme RR version wouldn't be open to Indian buyers. However, it is yet to be seen if anybody would import it into India.
Thoughts On 500 Units KTM 1290 Super Duke RR Being Sold In Just 48 Minutes
It is not very surprising to see the limited edition of KTM 1290 Super Duke RR being sold out in under an hour. There are hardcore motorcycling fanatics across severa international markets who know the exclusivity of a 1:1 power-to-weight ratio on a naked/streetfighter motorcycle. For now, we can only wish to ride one of these some day.