- 18 min ago Hyundai Ioniq 5 Electric Vehicle Displayed In India; India Launch Likely If Import Duty Is Reduced
- 49 min ago Toyota Hybrid Battery Warranty Extended: Toyota Camry & Vellfire Get 8 Years Battery Warranty
- 4 hrs ago 2021 Skoda Kodiaq Spied Undisguised Ahead Of India Launch: Pics & Details
- 5 hrs ago Bajaj-Triumph Motorcycle Prototype Ready; Launch Delayed Due To COVID-19
- Movies Vivek Oberoi Confesses He Was Envious Of Saif Ali Khan During The Shoot Of Omkara Because Of THIS Reason!
- News The Political Game Of Thrones
- Finance SBI Shared Key To Secure Account From Unknown Messages For Account Holders: Details Inside
- Technology Apple iPad Mini 6, iPad Air 9th Gen Features Leaked; Expected Specs, Launch Details
- Education Kerala Plus Two Result 2021: Check VHSE And DHSE Plus Two Result 2021 Links
- Sports Tokyo 2020: Badminton; Sai Praneeth's campaign ends
- Lifestyle Brown Jacket Dress Or Lime Green Bodycon Dress, Which Dress Of Kriti Sanon Did You Like More?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In August
KTM India seems to be gearing up for the launch of the 790 Adventure motorcycle in India. Ahead of its launch, the 790 ADV was spotted arriving at the Bajaj's Chakan plant in Pune.
The KTM 790 Adventure Motorcycle was first showcased at the 2019 IBW in Goa, along with the 390 Adventure. However, the launch of the bigger capacity adventure-motorcycle is likely to happen in the coming weeks.
KTM could bring the adventure motorcycle via the CKD (Completely Knocked-Down) route, similar to the 790 Duke's arrival. As a result, the 790 Adventure could be priced well over Rs 10 lakh, ex-showroom.
Features & Electronic Rider Aids
The 790 Adventure borrows its design cues from its elder sibling, the 1290 Adventure. However, there are some revisions made to the headlamp cluster.
- All-LED lighting
- Tall adjustable windscreen
- Wide seats
- Off-road biased footpegs
- Rear luggage rack
- Raised handlebars
- Spoked wheels
The 790 Adventure also comes with a suite of rider electronics that can be controlled via a TFT instrument cluster and switchgear on the handlebar. The electronic rider aids include:
- Three riding modes: Rain, Road, and Off-Road
- Cornering & off-road ABS
- Traction Control
Engine, Suspension & Brakes
The motorcycle comes powered by the same 799cc parallel-twin engine as the 790 Duke albeit in a different state of tune to suit the adventure-tourer nature. The engine produces a maximum power output of 94bhp at 8,250RPM and a peak torque output of 88Nm at 6,600RPM; paired to a six-speed gearbox with a slip-assisted clutch.
Suspension duties on the adventure motorcycle are handled by a 43mm non-adjustable upside-down fork at the front, while the rear features a preload-adjustable mono-shock, both units sourced from WP.
The KTM 790 Adventure rides on a spoked 21-inch wheel up front and a spoked 18-inch wheel at the rear. It also gets dual-purpose tyres to handle both on and off-road terrain.
- Front: dual 320mm disc brakes with 4-piston caliper
- Rear: single 260mm disc brake with 2-piston caliper
Thoughts About The KTM 790 Adventure Spied Ahead Of India Launch
The demand for adventure motorcycles is constantly increasing in the country. This is because of the versatility that the ADV motorcycle offer for city commutes, long-distance journeys and to continue forward when the tarmac ends and off-road begins. As a result, the 790 Adventure is among the most-anticipated launches in the Indian market.
Image Source: IAmABiker