- 16 hrs ago 2021 KTM RC200 Arrives At Dealership: Gets Dual-Channel ABS As Standard
- 20 hrs ago Top 5 Safest Cars In India: All of them are manufactured by Indian automobile manufacturers
- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki Jimny Teased; Launch Soon
- 1 day ago BMW 3 Series Gran Limousine Iconic Edition Launched In India For Rs 53.50 Lakh
- Sports Germany's top soccer league Bundesliga seeks to tap Indian football market
- Finance 4 Best Balanced Fund SIPs From HDFC Mutual Fund
- News Karnataka CM Basavaraj Bommai hints at reducing taxes on petrol, diesel after by-polls
- Lifestyle Kuch Kuch Hota Hai Completes 23 Years: Of Costumes, Male Gaze, And Anjali’s Disappointing Transformation
- Technology Apple Has A Plan To Make Your Existing MacBooks Look Old: MacBook Pro With Notch Incoming?
- Movies Kotigobba 3 Day 2 Box Office Collection: Kichcha Sudeep Starrer Shines Bright!
- Travel Rajasthan's Ten Best Winter Destinations
- Education CBSE Class 10, 12 Term Exam Dates Tentative Announced, Check CBSE Class X, XII Date Sheet Release Details
The KTM 490 series of motorcycles will be launched in 2022. A presentation by Pierer Mobility has revealed that the KTM 490 series will feature five motorcycles to cater to different segments. The same presentation also revealed that the motorcycles are due to launch in 2022. The KTM 490 Duke, 490 Adventure and RC490 have been confirmed for the Indian market.
There is no doubting the capabilities of KTM and its motorcycles. The Austrian brand has been producing some of the best motorcycles in the world for a long time now. KTM has a lengthy list of motorcycles in its product portfolio, with each of these motorcycles catering to different buyer segments and customers' needs.
KTM's range starts from the 125cc motorcycles and goes all the way to the 1301cc 1290 series of motorcycles. The biggest KTM motorcycle sold in India was the 790 Duke. However there is a huge gap between the 390 series and the upcoming 890 Duke.
KTM has experienced immense success in India with its 390 series of motorcycles. KTM sells the 390 Duke in the naked motorcycle segment, the RC 390 in the supersport segment and the 390 Adventure in the adventure/touring segment. They are all powered by almost the same engine and yet cater brilliantly to different segments.
This formula has worked very well and KTM wants to take it further. In 2020, rumours of a new 490cc parallel-twin engine-powered motorcycle from KTM surfaced. Since then the rumours have turned into confirmed news. Now a presentation from Pierer Mobility has revealed that KTM is taking the 490 series very seriously indeed.
Pierer Mobility Ag is the majority stakeholder in KTM and its subsidiaries and hence this presentation can be taken as the gospel truth when it comes to future KTM models. The slide reveals KTM's product lineup across all segments and engine capacities for 2022.
It reveals that KTM will be launching five brand-new models, all powered by the all-new 490cc engine. KTM will launch the 490 Adventure, 490 Enduro, 490 Supermoto, 490 Duke and RC490. In doing so, KTM will be able to cater to every single type of motorcycle buyer out there.
At this moment, we are highly doubtful about KTM launching the 490 Enduro and 490 Supermoto in the Indian market. However, given that the 490 series will be produced in India, KTM might just surprise us if it finds enough demand for these motorcycles in the Indian market.
There are no concrete details about these motorcycles at the moment. All we know is that they will be powered by a brand-new, 490cc, parallel-twin engine. The new 490 range will become the entry point into the parallel-twin world of KTMs.
We expect the motorcycles to get features like traction control, ABS, TFT instrumentation, quickshifter, riding modes, etc. They will also feature KTM's new design language. These motorcycles are expected to debut in 2022.
Thoughts On KTM 490 Range Being Launched In 2022
The KTM 490 range already looks exciting to us motorcyclists even before its debut. Motorcycles from KTM manage to plaster a smile on its riders' face and the 490 series will continue to do the same. All eyes are on 2022 now.