- 7 hrs ago Tata Motors Has Registered Total Sales Of 62,192 Units In November 2021
- 15 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki To Launch 5 New SUVs Within Next 3 Years
- 1 day ago Spy Pics: Undisguised Yezdi Roadking Adventure Spotted Testing
- 1 day ago BMW Concept XM SUV Unveiled — Previews Most Powerful M Division Vehicle
- Technology List Of Smartphones To Expected To Launch In December 2021
- News Manjinder Singh Sirsa quits as DSGMC president, joins BJP
- Movies Marakkar Twitter Review: Mohanlal-Priyadarshan's Magnum Opus Sets History!
- Sports Abu Dhabi T10: Hasaranga chokes Bangla Tigers with a fifer after Kohler-Cadmore's sparkling 96
- Education MPSC Subordinate Services Prelim Result 2020 Out, Check MPSC Subordinate Services Pre STI ASO Results Here
- Lifestyle 7 Awesome And Easy Ways Of Treating Problems Associated With Dry Skin In Winters
- Finance Vodafone Idea Shares Continue To Gain Post Prepaid Plan Tariff Hike; Spikes 20% Intra-day
- Travel Budget Friendly Winter Places To Visit Around Shillong
Japanese two-wheeler manufacturer Kawasaki has launched the Z650RS in India. The new Kawasaki Z650RS is priced at Rs. 6.65 lakh ex-showroom. Deliveries of the Z650RS are expected to commence in the coming weeks.
The new Z650RS is the latest bike from Kawasaki's Retro Sport (the reason for the RS in the name) and borrows its powertrain from the regular Z650. The Z650RS is powered by a 649cc, DOHC parallel-twin engine. The liquid, fuel injected, four-stroke engine cranks out 67bhp at 8,000rpm and 64Nm of peak torque at 6,700rpm. The engine is paired to a 6-speed gearbox and the bike also gets an assist and slipper clutch as standard.
The Z650RS from Kawasaki features a lightweight Trellis frame suspended with 41mm telescopic forks upfront and a preload adjustable mono-shock at the rear. To bring the Z650RS to a stop, Kawasaki has fitted the retro-styled motorcycle with dual 300mm disc brakes with two-piston callipers on the front wheel and a single 220mm disc brake at the rear. The brakes are supported by dual-channel ABS.
The Z650RS takes its styling cues from its larger Z900RS sibling. The retro-styled bike features a round LED headlight that features two chambers. Both chambers feature position lamps to ensure that the whole lamp appears to be lit like an old school bulb headlight.
The Z650RS features a twin-pod instrument cluster. The left pod sports the speedometer while the other one features the tachometer. In between the two pods is a multi-function LCD display that shows everything from the fuel gauge to the trip meters and the gear position indicator.
The retro-styled fuel tank features pinstriping and looks quite compact. The compact tail section looks quite nice and plays host to the LED taillight. The under-engine muffler is quite a nice touch as well and helps lower the bike's centre of gravity, which should help with the bike's handling capabilities.
The best design features of the new Z650RS though are its wheels. These cast wheels feature a flat spoke design which is meant to resemble the classic wire-spoked wheels. The front wheel is shod with a 120/70 ZR17 tyre while the rear unit features a 160/60 ZR17 tyre.
There are two colour options for the new Z650RS — Metallic Moondust Grey and Candy Emerald Green. If buyers choose the Candy Emerald Green colour, their bikes' wheels will come painted in a fine gold finish, while the Moondust Grey bikes get black wheels.
The Kawasaki Z650RS is 2065mm long, 800mm wide and stands 1,115mm tall. The wheelbase is 1404mm long while the seat sits 800mm above the ground. The Kawasaki Z650RS features a ground clearance of 125mm and a curb weight of a hefty 187 kilogrammes. The bike features a 12.1-litre fuel tank.
Thoughts on the Kawasaki Z650RS' Launch In India
The Kawasaki Z650RS is a bike that blends modern-day tech and power with a retro design that turns heads wherever it goes. The Z650RS offers good looks and an easygoing riding stance with enough power to entice buyers to take it for a long ride. If that isn't the purpose of a good bike, well we don't what else is.