- 1 hr ago Skoda Kushaq Will Receive A New Fuel Pump; Plans For A Recall & Replacements To Be Made Free Of Cost
- 5 hrs ago Ola Electric Scooter Portal To Open On November 1. Pre-Bookings Open
- 8 hrs ago Skoda Rapid Rider Plus Variant Discontinued In India: Base Automatic Variant Price Increases
- 21 hrs ago Mahindra XUV300 To Get A 130 Bhp Petrol Engine; The Most Powerful In Its Segment
- News Income Tax dept continues searches at properties, institutes linked to Anil Deshmukh
- Sports IPL 2021: We will focus on our process in every match: Delhi Capitals' captain Rishabh Pant
- Movies Khatron Ke Khiladi 11: Did Rohit Shetty Accidentally Hint Towards The Winner's Name?
- Finance Indian Gold Rates Today Quoted At Rs. 45,390, Showing Downward Trend, Should You Buy?
- Education Schools In Rajasthan To Reopen For Classes 6 To 8 From September 20
- Technology Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 4G Might Discontinued In India Soon
- Travel 8 Appealing Winter Holiday Destinations In India
- Lifestyle Is Hypertension Linked To Erectile Dysfunction?
Kabira Mobility has launched the Hermes 75 commercial delivery electric scooter in India. The Goa-based EV start-up claims that the Hermes 75 is the first high-speed commercial delivery electric scooter in India. It has been priced at Rs 89,600 (ex-showroom, Goa).
Kabira Mobility has been around for a while now. The brand has previously launched multiple models in the Indian market and has been met with a satisfactory response. Now the brand has launched a new electric scooter intended only for last-mile door-to-door delivery.
Up front, the design and styling is in line with other models from the brand. The rear is where this scooter differs from the rest. It gets a huge box in the place of the rear seat. This is to enable it to get the delivery work done with utmost efficiency.
Powering the Hermes 75 is a 60V 40AH Li-ion battery with fast charging capability, enabling the user to charge the battery to full capacity in just 4-hours according to Kabira Mobility. The electric energy stored inside the Li-ion batteries of Hermes 75 is primarily consumed by the 2500W DeltaEV hub motor.
The hub motor placed in the rear wheels produces a peak power of 4000W, while the top speed is limited to 80 km/h. This, according to Kabira Mobility, makes the Hermes 75 the fastest electric commercial 2-wheeler in India.
Kabira Mobility claims that the Hermes 75 is built to meet Indian conditions and to cope-up with last-minute delivery usage. The Hermes 75 comes with a 12-inch tyre to maximize ground clearance, while other features include Dual Disc Synchronised Braking System, Digital dashboard, Mobile app and IoT.
It is also claimed to be the first electric two-wheeler to be approved under the Indian Government's FAME II subsidy program. According to Kabira Mobility, there is also a battery swapping option available so that larger companies can manage their delivery fleet better. The downside of this option being the lower range at 80 kms, which is 20kms less than the standard model.
Mr Jagbir Singh, CEO of Kabira Mobility was quoted as saying, ‘Kabira Mobility is in sync with the Government of India's vision of providing green mobility to all. With the launch of Hermes 75, we intend to reach out to the last mile delivery partners and provide them with eco-friendly mobility solutions. The Low operational and maintenance cost will make it a right choice for riders and partners as well'.
The scooter is only available in Goa for now and will be launched across the country in June 2022.
Thoughts On Kabira Mobility Hermes 75 Being Launched In India
These days, many companies are trying their best to stay carbon neutral. In such a scenario, the need for a faster electric scooter for goods/food delivery is a necessity and with the launch of Hermes 75, Kabira Mobility is trying to tap into this so-far-untapped segment. We see no reason as to why this shouldn't be a success.